Post-Game Talk: GAME 63 - THE BEAR enjoys a sharkmeat sandwich - BRUINS 4 San Jose 1 F

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I have a feeling that DeBrusk is future captain material 5-6 years down the road after Patrice finally hangs them up. The kid plays like a leader and he's so damn candid and well spoken to the media. I have no idea what he's like in the room, but I get the sense that he's a people person and I'm sure he's taking in mental notes on how to conduct the locker room from the current leadership core.

Back in the 'DeBust' days and why they drafted him. I was thrilled they picked him up. I was in the minority at the time but he was one of players I wanted The Bruins to get. He simply had 'pro' written all over him in his junior days. I was then and am now a fan of the way he plays/and reads the game.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
This is the game I am waiting for, can't wait to see how they do against TB.

Thursday, Feb. 28 vs. Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:30 p.m.

The Tampa Bay Lightning have a comfortable 18-point lead ahead of the Bruins for first place in the Atlantic Division and have an eight-game winning streak heading into their Monday night matchup against the Los Angeles Kings.
Boston lost its only meeting with Tampa Bay in December, 3-2, but the B’s have caught fire since then. This is sure to be an entertaining matchup between division enemies with a crucial two points on the line for the Black and Gold.
Tampa Bay is stacked with talent the Bruins certainly will need to try to contain. Ryan McDonagh has points in three of his last four games, while the Lightning has scored at least five goals in six different contests over their winning streak. Their offense will put a lot of pressure on the goalies, but Tuukka Rask has been stellar in his last 15 outings, posting a 12-0-3 record, while Jaroslav Halak stood tall between the pipes during the B’s road trip.

Bruins Focus: Sharks, First-Place Lightning Up Next In Boston’s Three-Game Week

That article is wrong its 17 pts lol

Reactions: Boston Bandit

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Man, the main board has a hard on for Kane after he jumped Chara.
Unfortunately the rivals of Boston make up the loudest fans here.
SJ has a few surprisingly as well.

I loved that hit.

Borderline due to head position but straight through the chest, north-south taken with a great angle.

This is how hockey should be played. Accountable for your actions. Kane is not capable of that considering his play last night. It was very Steve Ott like. Brave Steve.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
bh_Feb272019_A048.jpg

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Despite so.many people blame him ....Krejci playing great this year
He surely don t receive all attention he should
I think people quieted a bit lately about Krejci (or I have enough of them on ignore). He, realistically, is having a good second half of the season and we, potentially, have a good second line of him, DeBrusk and Johansson. Granted sample size on Johansson is minimal.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
johansson skill surprised a couple guys ! krejci def. wasnt ready for that first period tic tac toe pass as he kind of shanked it..he made some crazy good passes. really like his game... im sorry but there is one negative i must touch on. backes is atrocious.. there was one pp where for about a minute they were trying to enter the zone and every touch he had was abysmal.. i felt bad for coyle that whole game. i was begging for cehlarik to be out on that line, hell even kuhlman..

Reactions: Strafer

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Interestingly, the Marchand SHG was reminiscent of how I remember Middleton scoring about a dozen of his.
Looking at the all-time shorthanded goal leaders for the B's, I'm surprised that Rolston is not up in there. I believe he scored 11 one of the years he was with the B's... I guess he was not here long enough.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Watch the replay where Kane jumped Chara to ground.See who was there throwing off his gloves about to hop Kane just as Chara jumped back up and dealt with it himself? Yup Backes.His last 2 games he has played solid.
I agree this week its Backes last week it was Chara. Obviously Backes is not near what he was but it takes all types to makes up a team.
I am more frustrated with the money/cap issue with Backes but that’s a management issue

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad