Post-Game Talk: GAME 63 - THE BEAR enjoys a sharkmeat sandwich - BRUINS 4 San Jose 1 F

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I didn't post it there cuz I"m trying to behave but someone on main board wants the name of the Chara thread changed because the "obliterated" is capitalized and I wanted to reply

'Agreed. It should read Chara OBLITERATES the Hearts of Sharks and Leafs Fans Everywhere, with the sub-title, "As NHL says, "Clean hit boys, move it along".

But I didn't. I posted it here instead :)

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Eh, I'm seeing lots going the other way too, Kane is catching just as much flack for going at Chara from behind instead of face to face. I've still yet to see a picture with Chara's elbow in Kane's face though. I see his shoulder sure, but height, not sure how that's avoided? Do these people screaming and crying "elbow to the head" understand that Chara's skates are clearly on the ice and he would have to be jumping in order to get his elbow into Kane's face? How tall do they think he is that they think his elbows are level with Kane's head??!! You can't make this stuff up LMAO

Crazy you can't suspend players for simply being taller than other players.

When people whine about Chara being dirty, all I think is that if he actually was dirty, there would've been trips to the ER on a nightly basis. Throughout his career I've kinda wished he would unleash every once in awhile... just to put the fear of god into the other team, rest of league.

I don't mind Kane going after him, even in a dirty kinda way as he thought Chara caught him badly. It happens. Takes guts as Kane knows what he's getting into at that point.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Crazy you can't suspend players for simply being taller than other players.
If true: There is no justice, Dr. Justice. I couldn't understand what Kane was saying when he was sent off until I saw the replay. He said "You're f**** blind, you're f**** blind" LOL. What a piece of work. He went after Kuraly, and that size differential was fine (for him). Insane that he attempted to get the jump on Chara like that, it was suicide!

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
When people whine about Chara being dirty, all I think is that if he actually was dirty, there would've been trips to the ER on a nightly basis. Throughout his career I've kinda wished he would unleash every once in awhile... just to put the fear of god into the other team, rest of league.

I don't mind Kane going after him, even in a dirty kinda way as he thought Chara caught him badly. It happens. Takes guts as Kane knows what he's getting into at that point.

I don't think it took guts at all, I think Kane thought he could jump him and Chara wouldn't get up - that was the mistake. Kane has anger issues which is another reason I don't think it was guts at all, I think it was sheer stupidity which fits more.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I don't think it took guts at all, I think Kane thought he could jump him and Chara wouldn't get up - that was the mistake. Kane has anger issues which is another reason I don't think it was guts at all, I think it was sheer stupidity which fits more.
Exactly, he actually ruined any chance of his team trying to come back. His coach looked flummoxed.

Reactions: caz16

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World

Yah, there are folks actually claiming that Chara "causes head trauma on the regular" as though he is regularly hitting people high?? Have I been watching a different player all these years? There's a few 2011 Cup win mentions too. So many still upset over that. I'm not sure if it's more hysterical or more pathetic at this point in time. Either way it gave me a chuckle LOL

Reactions: Selke37

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Yah, there are folks actually claiming that Chara "causes head trauma on the regular" as though he is regularly hitting people high?? Have I been watching a different player all these years? There's a few 2011 Cup win mentions too. So many still upset over that. I'm not sure if it's more hysterical or more pathetic at this point in time. Either way it gave me a chuckle LOL

It's like the trade deadline thread here. Lots and lots of delusional people with agendas drooling over their keyboards posting ridiculous takes that aren't anywhere near reality

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
:silly::tmi: To them.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005

I'm sure you're right. I was just giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: caz16

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
evanderkane_9
Evander Kane just put up a "Three Blind Mice" thingy on Twitter. Priceless! Imagine if Machand did that.

Evander Kane (@evanderkane_9) | Twitter

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Lol at Kane....

Down 4-1 starts to goon it up, leans for a puck to chip it by and gets hit high, thats gonna be on the player like turning last second for a boarding call to me.

Kinda like when Krug crushed Shaw last year, player putting themselves in a vulnerable position can't see anything coming from this except maybe a fine to Kane now for mocking the league/refs

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I`ll disagree to a point with your last sentence about it taking guts. I`d agree if Kane got up in Z`s face and then the two dropped the mitts, but that`s not what happened, Kane jumped him unsuspectingly then got what he deserved. Kane showed equal "guts" earlier in the game dropping his mitts before giving a tough guy like Kuraly:sarcasm: the chance to even get his off. Now, even if he had of let Kuraly get the mitts off he`d of killed him but not the point.

Kane is a toolbox, always has been, always will be

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I`ll disagree to a point with your last sentence about it taking guts. I`d agree if Kane got up in Z`s face and then the two dropped the mitts, but that`s not what happened, Kane jumped him unsuspectingly then got what he deserved. Kane showed equal "guts" earlier in the game dropping his mitts before giving a tough guy like Kuraly:sarcasm: the chance to even get his off. Now, even if he had of let Kuraly get the mitts off he`d of killed him but not the point.

Kane is a toolbox, always has been, always will be

ya, I could've worded it better. - and definitely ain't a Kane fan.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
ya, I could've worded it better. - and definitely ain't a Kane fan.

nor am I, he`s one of those guys that has skill, toughness and if he really focused, could be a dominant player in the league but he still does incredibly stupid and selfish things. Game in SJ, goes off on a line change with the B`s racing down the ice, last night, yes the game likely out of hand but jumps Z and Kuraly, kicked out early which despite his tantrum on twitter I`d argue didn`t bother him a bit as he could then race to twitter

I dunno, guy is as selfish as they come

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad