Post-Game Talk: GAME 63 - A rare third period meltdown - Oilers 3 BRUINS 2 F

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Greer was one of their better forwards tonight. Better than Hathaway, Nosek, Bertuzzi, Coyle and Frederic. I am not a Greer fan but I saw a good game from him.
You are right, not sure what others were watching but it wasn’t Greer, he played a great game.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Players want what's best for their situation. I'm sure theyve sat down and talked about it. I also doubt the coach cares, has nothing to w him. Player needs to perform when he plays, that's all that matters, and he has for the most part.

Because he's not very good?

There isn't a single person in the top 7 I'd want to sit for Zboril.

I get it but he is only what, 22? He is showing some selfishness making demands
like that during a historical winning season. I don't think its unrealistic it isn't just that because why isn't Montgomery playing him?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Last night had nothing to do with Greer in the lineup or lauko out of it. The bruins as a team just didn't bring it. I actually feel Greer was one of the better Bruins.
I agree ,they lost because of 2 turnovers not Greer but Lauko sitting steady after scoring 2 goals is kind of disturbing

Reactions: TCB and GoBs

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Players want what's best for their situation. I'm sure theyve sat down and talked about it. I also doubt the coach cares, has nothing to w him. Player needs to perform when he plays, that's all that matters, and he has for the most part.

Because he's not very good?

There isn't a single person in the top 7 I'd want to sit for Zboril.

So then send him down or trade him, that was the one bad move or non move rather by management this year.

But I guess they looked at it like we look at health insurance, lots of wasted money all for a bit of security

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Didn't really look like they were trying to score (after the first) until the game was 3-2 EDM, didn't bring it last night.

Holy f*** that was only the 9th regulation loss?????
This team should only have 5 losses this season , if you look back at the other losses , I know this sounds crazy. Please don't shot the messenger and run him over with a Zamboni. Listen its Friday and the weekend is here. Sun is out and I'm on cloud 9 after my son called me to Join him in Hawaii late June. This proud Dad is going on a Cruise on the Nimitz Carrier to San Diego....lol

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Didn't really look like they were trying to score (after the first) until the game was 3-2 EDM, didn't bring it last night.

Holy f*** that was only the 9th regulation loss?????

They played a strong 2nd period and had some HD looks, especially Coyle who opted not to take obvious shots.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
It sure did.I thought exact same thing when Louie said they collided accidentally. He stuck his stick into Jake .
It was a reaction. No way was it on purpose at all...

Keep in mind that the only time we saw the replay, it was slowed down. Real time if you watched it was clearly an accident.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I really enjoy Greer and Hathaway on the 4th line, but then again I am a neanderthal.

I guess Greer goes away when Foligno is back? But someone else has to go away too.

17, 11 and 92? Hathaway to the presser? What a weird spot. Maybe 92 sits (but seems...unlikely?).

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
You're supposed to have two hands on your stick.

If you find Ekholm dirty, that's on you. I couldn't disagree more, though. He's not even remotely dirty,
You can play dirty without doing things Marchand has done u know.Giordano likes to wack guys on back the legs as example.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Gryz falling down was really unfortunate but if you ignore that he was awesome last night.

Overall, I'm not even mad about that loss, they suffocated the Oilers and gave up almost nothing except for three really stupid, unlucky and uncharacteristic plays. They gave up 22 shots despite leading for almost the whole game.

Only thing I would say negative is that the lack of killer instinct was annoying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad