Post-Game Talk: GAME 63 - A rare third period meltdown - Oilers 3 BRUINS 2 F

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
That is an incredibly stupid schedule. I think TB has something similar and I’m sure other teams do too. The NHL is honestly a joke in how they do schedules. From Sunday on its 18 games in 5 weeks for the Bruins or 22% of the schedule for the year. This has nothing to do with last night, but going forward this glut of games could end up being the difference between being fresh for the playoffs or being knocked out early. That’s how vital the rest form here on in will be for key guys. I keep looking at the schedule and still can’t believe this late in the year they have that many games to play.

Its very unfortunate that they have been dominant all season but now have to go through a hellish grind right before the playoffs start. Would be a damn shame if they go home early because the schedule screwed them and they are out of gas.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland

This guy is such a great coach to listen to. Positive, has the players backs, calls them out when needed - in the room vs media - and he now says their focus is getting ready for the playoffs. Awesome. I want the Bruins to win the Cup for Bergy, David K and Brad……but also for Monty and what he’s been doing all year long. Credit to Sweeney and Cam for going with him.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
It was, but your still suppose to be in control of your stick
Accidents happen.

If you're not looking, turn and see something right away, you're going to get your arm up and brace yourself. It's a natural, human reaction.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
It’s very unfortunate that they have been dominant all season but now have to go through a hellish grind right before the playoffs start. Would be a damn shame if they go home early because the schedule screwed them and they are out of gas.
Yep. In all of November they played 12 games. Starting this Sunday over the next 3 weeks they play 12 games. Moronic schedule. And I know other teams are in the same boat. The Stanley Cup Playoffs are the NHL showcase, but once again, they sure don’t know how to plan for it.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
This guy is such a great coach to listen to. Positive, has the players backs, calls them out when needed - in the room vs media - and he now says their focus is getting ready for the playoffs. Awesome. I want the Bruins to win the Cup for Bergy, David K and Brad……but also for Monty and what he’s been doing all year long. Credit to Sweeney and Cam for going with him.

Well, he is a Montrealer.

• Haha

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
If they go home early it won't be because of the schedule.

Thats an interesting opinion thanks for sharing.

Yep. In all of November they played 12 games. Starting this Sunday over the next 3 weeks they play 12 games. Moronic schedule. And I know other teams are in the same boat. The Stanley Cup Playoffs are the NHL showcase, but once again, they sure don’t know how to plan for it.

Yea it definitely hurts teams that have some of their best/most important players mid to late 30s.

If 46/37/63 were in their 20s I wouldn't worry about the schedule as much.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Yup but should try nail down home ice with 9 pt lead over Canes and 19 to go.This road trip is important in that regard .

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Its very unfortunate that they have been dominant all season but now have to go through a hellish grind right before the playoffs start. Would be a damn shame if they go home early because the schedule screwed them and they are out of gas.
Look at the games remaining for all teams. It’s not just us.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Ok you guess? You ever have a dog pass away, never mind unexpectedly?

I thought overall Gryz played well. Just finished the third now.
Yeah, I have, actually, thanks. Multiple times and with multiple pets. Dozens, actually.

Edit: am I qualified to have an opinion now, or no?

Last edited:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Yeah, I have, actually, thanks. Multiple times and with multiple pets. Dozens, actually.

Edit: am I qualified to have an opinion now, or no?
Ok then there was no need for your “I guess”. Guy just made a mask with his dogs 3 days ago and 2 days later one unexpectedly passes away and you give him an “I guess”. Give me a ****ing break

Reactions: Wirelessbits

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
Listening to the Bru podcast this morning, they mentioned that the Bruins were busy with company engagements over this past break, as it was the last chance the company had for the players to be available for charity gigs. They had the ping pong tournament, and we saw @sooshii 's photo with Mac. So they did have team things in the evening to attend.

Also when the topic of giving players nights off came up, Razor said that the players don't want nights off because it can mess with their competitive edge if they aren't playing every night. But considering where their heads were last night???

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Ok then there was no need for your “I guess”. Guy just made a mask with his dogs 3 days ago and 2 days later one unexpectedly passes away and you give him an “I guess”. Give me a ****ing break

Can just imagine Chris Osgood telling Scotty Bowman "I can't play tonight, coach, my dog died".

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Several times the Oilers' announcers wondered whether that game was a Stanley Cup Final preview. I don't follow the western conference standings very closely, so I just looked it up: they're SIXTH in the conference!! LOL. What the actual hell?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00