Post-Game Talk: GAME 63 - A rare third period meltdown - Oilers 3 BRUINS 2 F

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Gryz falling down was really unfortunate but if you ignore that he was awesome last night.

Overall, I'm not even mad about that loss, they suffocated the Oilers and gave up almost nothing except for three really stupid, unlucky and uncharacteristic plays. They gave up 22 shots despite leading for almost the whole game.

Only thing I would say negative is that the lack of killer instinct was annoying.
Agreed. Solid performance against a very good Oilers team. Bruins just didn’t capitalize on their chances. They kept McDavid in check most of the night, which is almost impossible to do. Sure we can nitpick certain aspects of that game but considering how they’ve played all season I’ll chalk it up to them just being unlucky last night.

Reactions: khanomcat and caz16

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I guess Greer goes away when Foligno is back? But someone else has to go away too.

17, 11 and 92? Hathaway to the presser? What a weird spot. Maybe 92 sits (but seems...unlikely?).
Everyone healthy:
Hall • Coyle • Bertuzzi
Foligno • Nosek • Frederic/ Hathaway

I think they’ll alternate depending on who’s playing better. I’d say Nosek is a lock at center because of his face off prowess and PK minutes (keeps Bergeron rested). If Hathaway playing well maybe Frederic/ Foligno alternate games on LW?

Reactions: Healthy Wrap

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Beating the Wings twice this weekend shouldn't mean shit. There are no Wings in the playoffs.

Losing at home to a legit contender is much more telling.

What's telling is they miss Hall and Foligno

They miss UIlmark in net against contenders

The first they did the best they could getting Bertuzzi as a replacement and Ullmark will be the man come R1.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
No I don't.

Cassidy and Debrusk obviously had their issues, but he still worked hard after his trade request, and had the respect of his teammates as a result..turned his season (and career around) as a result.

If any coach had a reason to not play a player for a trade request, it was Cassidy with Debrusk since it was a result of himself.

I doubt Monty gives a flying f*** that Lauko asked for one when he was stuck in Providence.

1) DeBrusk played for #37\#63 not Cassidy

2) You clearly missed what I said. I said there maybe more than the trade request
Montgomery isn't caring for with Lauko. Some other type of me first behavior he isn't
appreciating. Again why does he keep sitting him out?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

The first they did the best they could getting Bertuzzi as a replacement and Ullmark will be the man come R1.
They miss Hall for sure, he has that ability to carry pucks through neutral zone and get into opponents end to set up .Thought winner last night Swayman looked a bit off on a funny angle away from post and deep .Maybe he was trying to peek around legs.That said Ullmark will be the starter and hopefully solid.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

If Ullmark performers as well in the playoffs as he has all season so far, I have no worries. But that's not a given.

I don't think missing Hall is a big deal.

• Wow
Reactions: 22Brad Park

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
Bruins would mow through Oilers they played 7 game series for my money.Oilers were at full strength playing like it was game 7 and it took a couple stupid mistakes to win by 1 goal.Out of Conf game to .Again Oilers dangerous lots firepower but it was 1 game not a series
At the same time, it's a chance for the Bruins to show their stuff. A couple of mistakes is all it takes. Same story again on the hitting, the Oilers were more physical, bigger hits. How many times has ''shoot, shoot'' been heard?

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
They miss Hall for sure, he has that ability to carry pucks through neutral zone and get into opponents end to set up .Thought winner last night Swayman looked a bit off on a funny angle away from post and deep .Maybe he was trying to peek around legs.That said Ullmark will be the starter and hopefully solid.
I agree with Hall getting into the neutral zone quickly. Losing that speed right there is not good , especially up against a speedy team come playoffs

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
At the same time, it's a chance for the Bruins to show their stuff. A couple of mistakes is all it takes. Same story again on the hitting, the Oilers were more physical, bigger hits. How many times has ''shoot, shoot'' been heard?
Yeah the big hits cause players to rush and cause turnovers and make wingers hesitant to go into the corners .

Reactions: frankiess

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Taylor Hall is a elite zone entry guy

Best on the team

His absence has hurt that 3rd line

5 on 5 zone entries per 60
8B6CE2F9-2A45-4CBE-8FB7-9590BA94A98E.jpeg

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I ain't worried at all. Worst game of the season for 3 of our players (Bergy, Coyle, Gryz). That's not even remotely close to the level those three can and have played at all season. Just shake it off and have the next game mentality.

On a side note, I just got the Devoted Trophy when I logged in today.... wow, 20 years on HF.. Crazy man. I know I don't post all that often to say the least but I have logged into this site almost every single day for 20 years. My room mate in first year University up at Laurentian in Sudbury told me about this site and it's been a life changer ever since. Started 'watching' games by reading the game thread and the reactions etc. It's all I had bc it was before streams existed I believe. Anyways, thanks to all the great Bruin fans on here keepin it goin.

Cheers!

Welcome home!!!! :)

Reactions: Mione134

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Well it looks like I didn't miss much by missing last night's game.

Passing the puck instead of shooting it has infested this team all season long, it is one of the few areas Monty has failed to address. Or if he has addressed it the team hasn't listened closely enough. I don't know if anything can be done about it now.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad