LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
This isn’t sour grapes.

I don’t think I want the record.
Survive the last few weeks.
Rest guys.

If you keep winning and still get the record, then fine.
100% the teams below them are fighting hard...Seems to be getting way more chippy/cheap as well.

Gryz falling down was really unfortunate but if you ignore that he was awesome last night.

Overall, I'm not even mad about that loss, they suffocated the Oilers and gave up almost nothing except for three really stupid, unlucky and uncharacteristic plays. They gave up 22 shots despite leading for almost the whole game.

Only thing I would say negative is that the lack of killer instinct was annoying.
great post. Right on every point.

Reactions: BruinsBtn

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

After Bruins winger Brad Marchand drew a holding call on the Oilers’ Zach Hyman in the first period of Boston’s loss to Edmonton on Thursday at TD Garden, Edmonton’s Mattias Ekholm knocked down Boston’s Jake DeBrusk with an unpenalized shove to the chest.
DeBrusk, clearly in pain, was face-down on the ice for several seconds, with play stopping at 7:59. He remained hunched over as he headed for the dressing room.
He was back shortly, but not before his father, an Edmonton TV broadcaster, had a laugh about it.
“Why do I want to want to drop the gloves with Ekholm right now?” cracked Louie DeBrusk on SportsNet. Louie fought 115 times in his 401-game NHL career, according to HockeyFights.com.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I think this is a really good thing.

I don't care about the Canes. I don't care about any records. I don't care about the Jennings.

We need to stay and get healthy. We need to fix the PP -- which should be eminently doable. We need to appreciate that as good as this team is and as amazing as this season has been, it all gets tougher in the playoffs.
Teams fighting for spots will help underscore that and get us ready for the playoffs. Mailing it in like last night won't do it and reminder now and then is excellent.

Get the yips out now, while everyone else is fighting like hell to secure spots/seedings. Fortunately for us we've largely done that work already.

Reactions: BMC

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
100% the teams below them are fighting hard...Seems to be getting way more chippy/cheap as well.

great post. Right on every point.
Grizz should not be in top 4 come playoffs I just can't see it .I really want Cliffy and Derek in there banging bodies .My math puts Grizz upstairs but that will be Monty's call of course .Either way I will cheer them all on come playoffs

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC and bme44

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
I ain't worried at all. Worst game of the season for 3 of our players (Bergy, Coyle, Gryz). That's not even remotely close to the level those three can and have played at all season. Just shake it off and have the next game mentality.

On a side note, I just got the Devoted Trophy when I logged in today.... wow, 20 years on HF.. Crazy man. I know I don't post all that often to say the least but I have logged into this site almost every single day for 20 years. My room mate in first year University up at Laurentian in Sudbury told me about this site and it's been a life changer ever since. Started 'watching' games by reading the game thread and the reactions etc. It's all I had bc it was before streams existed I believe. Anyways, thanks to all the great Bruin fans on here keepin it goin.

Cheers!

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I ain't worried at all. Worst game of the season for 3 of our players (Bergy, Coyle, Gryz). That's not even remotely close to the level those three can and have played at all season. Just shake it off and have the next game mentality.

On a side note, I just got the Devoted Trophy when I logged in today.... wow, 20 years on HF.. Crazy man. I know I don't post all that often to say the least but I have logged into this site almost every single day for 20 years. My room mate in first year University up at Laurentian in Sudbury told me about this site and it's been a life changer ever since. Started 'watching' games by reading the game thread and the reactions etc. It's all I had bc it was before streams existed I believe. Anyways, thanks to all the great Bruin fans on here keepin it goin.

Cheers!
Awesome! I remember your posts years ago when the board looked so much more different to say the least. The threads back then scrolled down and were like a simple load of texts. Ahhhhh good times!

Keep the great postings coming and congrats on 20 years!!!

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
not a typical performance from the team we are used to seeing this year, hard to be pissed at them though, bring on dem Wings

Beating the Wings twice this weekend shouldn't mean shit. There are no Wings in the playoffs.

Losing at home to a legit contender is much more telling.

Reactions: frankiess

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Beating the Wings twice this weekend shouldn't mean shit. There are no Wings in the playoffs.

dont understand why we have our hits leader on the 9th floor for last night.
other than that, the oilers really didnt have any quality chances aside from gryz falling down creating the 4 on 1

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Bruins would mow through Oilers they played 7 game series for my money.Oilers were at full strength playing like it was game 7 and it took a couple stupid mistakes to win by 1 goal.Out of Conf game to .Again Oilers dangerous lots firepower but it was 1 game not a series

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
I think this is a really good thing.

I don't care about the Canes. I don't care about any records. I don't care about the Jennings.

We need to stay and get healthy. We need to fix the PP -- which should be eminently doable. We need to appreciate that as good as this team is and as amazing as this season has been, it all gets tougher in the playoffs.
Teams fighting for spots will help underscore that and get us ready for the playoffs. Mailing it in like last night won't do it and reminder now and then is excellent.

Get the yips out now, while everyone else is fighting like hell to secure spots/seedings. Fortunately for us we've largely done that work already.
All great points. Rest and rotate players. Work on that damn powerplay Jimbo. And please put that Lauko kid back in that lineup....On a side note did that Lighting game really have 146 penalties ?.....love to see ( other teams ) doing this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Number8

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
All great points. Rest and rotate players. Work on that damn powerplay Jimbo. And please put that Lauko kid back in that lineup....On a side note did that Lighting game really have 146 penalty ?.....love to see ( other teams ) doing this.
I hear people say all the time Sacco this or that about the powerplay then heard Monty say the PK is Saccos job.Is he in charge of all special teams?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Cheers!
You are truly one of the originals. Hopefully we will be posting to GDTs until mid to late June.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Bruins would mow through Oilers they played 7 game series for my money.Oilers were at full strength playing like it was game 7 and it took a couple stupid mistakes to win by 1 goal.Out of Conf game to .Again Oilers dangerous lots firepower but it was 1 game not a series
Oilers scoring percentage on the powerplay vs 5 on 5 .....I wonder what the percentage is. Somebody here must know this number...? Staying out of the box will definately help the Bruins in a future series matchup....( Note....I didn't say StanleyCup Series...lol

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
They have played a lot worse games and won even in the ten game win streak,it happens l guess a little concerned about blowing the lead,because it’s the first time it has happened.But really at this point in time ,I just want them to be relatively healthy and for the playoffs to start.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
All great points. Rest and rotate players. Work on that damn powerplay Jimbo. And please put that Lauko kid back in that lineup....On a side note did that Lighting game really have 146 penalty ?.....love to see ( other teams ) doing this.

One fight, whole bunch of misconducts at the same time in the 3rd period with Tampa down two. They came back to tie after that kerfuffle.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Oilers scoring percentage on the powerplay vs 5 on 5 .....I wonder what the percentage is. Somebody here must know this number...? Staying out of the box will definately help the Bruins in a future series matchup....( Note....I didn't say StanleyCup Series...lol
Yea I don't say certain words either so superstitious :laugh:.I can go search it out but that PP is operating like historic pace over 32% I believe.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
I hear people say all the time Sacco this or that about the powerplay then heard Monty say the PK is Saccos job.Is he in charge of all special teams?
I think Jim says that because its been staling. Once its back on track and making a different no one will say a thing But us...lol

One fight, whole bunch of misconducts at the same time in the 3rd period with Tampa down two. They came back to tie after that kerfuffle.
Media made it sound like a gun fight...lol

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Yea I don't say certain words either so superstitious :laugh:.I can go search it out but that PP is operating like historic pace over 32% I believe.
Man ...how would that look if we can shutdown King McDavid and keep the this team out of the box....it would suffocate the oily rags in a series I think. Now how do we slow them down.....hit...hit...hit

Didn't see it but pretty sure guns were not involved.
:laugh:

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

After Bruins winger Brad Marchand drew a holding call on the Oilers’ Zach Hyman in the first period of Boston’s loss to Edmonton on Thursday at TD Garden, Edmonton’s Mattias Ekholm knocked down Boston’s Jake DeBrusk with an unpenalized shove to the chest.
DeBrusk, clearly in pain, was face-down on the ice for several seconds, with play stopping at 7:59. He remained hunched over as he headed for the dressing room.
He was back shortly, but not before his father, an Edmonton TV broadcaster, had a laugh about it.
“Why do I want to want to drop the gloves with Ekholm right now?” cracked Louie DeBrusk on SportsNet. Louie fought 115 times in his 401-game NHL career, according to HockeyFights.com.

I thought it was part cross check to DeBrusk chest but rather that than Ekholm turning his shoulder into DeBrusk and possibly concussing him.

Ekholm's reaction to DeBrusk made me think Ekholm was thinking about dealing with
Louie DeBrusk...lol.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I get it but he is only what, 22? He is showing some selfishness making demands
like that during a historical winning season. I don't think its unrealistic it isn't just that because why isn't Montgomery playing him?
No I don't.

Cassidy and Debrusk obviously had their issues, but he still worked hard after his trade request, and had the respect of his teammates as a result..turned his season (and career around) as a result.

If any coach had a reason to not play a player for a trade request, it was Cassidy with Debrusk since it was a result of himself.

I doubt Monty gives a flying f*** that Lauko asked for one when he was stuck in Providence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad