GDT: [Game #6] Dallas Stars @ Columbus Blue Jackets - 6:00 PM CT (BS-SW)

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
I watch Formula 1, they can tell if a car going 160MPH is slightly out of the track to delete a lap time, they do this automatically. In tennis, they have an automated system to tell if a tennis ball was out of bounds or not. How the f*** is hockey still using eyeballs to tell if a puck went over the line?

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Stars look terrible tonight. Holtby looking less like he has the first few games and more like Khudobin.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Do they know there’s a 2nd period? This team makes so many mental errors and plays extremely lazy

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Faksa has the EASIEST 8 ft pass to Glendenning and they are gone and he refuses to make the pass. Yikes.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I watch Formula 1, they can tell if a car going 160MPH is slightly out of the track to delete a lap time, they do this automatically. In tennis, they have an automated system to tell if a tennis ball was out of bounds or not. How the f*** is hockey still using eyeballs to tell if a puck went over the line?
Automated systems remove the drama. It’s why baseball will regret having robots call balls and strikes because it removes the fun of booing balls called on your pitcher and strikes called for opposing pitchers.

That and money. The NHL has no reason to spend money on a system needed in 64 nets that will barely get used.

Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
honestly find one person entertained by this team
are-you-not-entertained-gif-2.gif

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Two guys breaking the zone ready for a pass, Heiskanen goes off the wall.. this play is just f***ing stupidity.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Automated systems remove the drama. It’s why baseball will regret having robots call balls and strikes because it removes the fun of booing balls called on your pitcher and strikes called for opposing pitchers.

That and money. The NHL has no reason to spend money on a system needed in 64 nets that will barely get used.

In my mind, there are enough bitter fans out there who have seen controversial playoff calls that shouldn't be left up to chance, and it's worth putting in a system. You are right that it creates suspense, but baseball is boring as shit, maybe it needs that to keep things interesting, I don't think hockey needs it. Well, maybe the Stars do.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Miro is the best player on the ice for either team. Sadly that's about it. I love his confidence right now. I don't know if it was Covid, playing with Oleksiak who always jumped up ice, or just confidence but he looks like twice the player as last year and even better than his playoff run.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: