GDT: [Game #6] Dallas Stars @ Columbus Blue Jackets - 6:00 PM CT (BS-SW)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Last year before and after Jason Robertson was a thing: Guys, we aren't good because we're missing Seguin AND Radulov and some other guys like Kiviranta!

This year: Man, we really need JRob back, these guys aren't getting it done.

I didn't mean to pick on your comment specifically, I just can't help but laugh at the moving of the goalposts about why this team isn't playing well.

My comment was in reference to entertaining players the Stars have that can be fun to watch, not necessarily making excuses lol

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
By some of the saves Elvis made in the 1st, you could tell Stars were gonna get shutout tonight

Also yeah, I did not miss Klingberg.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
My comment was in reference to entertaining players the Stars have that can be fun to watch, not necessarily making excuses lol

For sure, it's why I said I didn't mean to pick on your post, it was just the closest thing to stuff I've seen around here. It didn't at all come off as making excuses, so apologies if I didn't explain myself well.

Reactions: Kcb12345

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
By some of the saves Elvis made in the 1st, you could tell Stars were gonna get shutout tonight

Also yeah, I did not miss Klingberg.
We’re gonna reward him with an 8 year 72 million contract. I say trade him and all the assets. Rebuild starting from gm and coach

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
i switched to the stars feed to hear Razors Excuses, and of course, it's Elvis has had a Vezina worth performance... Yes Razor stopping 7 shots a period is soo hard

Reactions: MrHeiskanen

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
i switched to the stars feed to hear Razors Excuses, and of course, it's Elvis has had a Vezina worth performance... Yes Razor stopping 7 shots a period is soo hard

To be fair, goaltending has been a difference tonight although there's no excuse for the Stars to not have buried some of their chances like CBJ did.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
The Bowness freakout after 2 goals against is so telling of his mentality, he was panicking because he knew this system can't produce 3 goals to get the lead back.

Reactions: Elysian

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Stars going to waste another season with a garbage coach. This team is brutal.
Wasting last season didn’t matter because the many excuses were real. No coach was getting that team anywhere. But if you’re pissing away this season where there are no excuses, it also means you’re slamming the window closed when they lose several guys in the off-season.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Wasting last season didn’t matter because the many excuses were real. No coach was getting that team anywhere. But if you’re pissing away this season where there are no excuses, it also means you’re slamming the window closed when they lose several guys in the off-season.
The Stars missed the PO by 5p last year, Any decent coach would have found 2-3more wins even with that roster.
Hell any number of OT losses last year, where Bowness rolled out f***ed up line combos would have been undone by someone with a clue

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Good to see the guys really pushing hard with 4 mins left. Wouldn't want to see that in the 1st period.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
The Stars missed the PO by 5p last year, Any decent coach would have found 2-3more wins even with that roster.
Hell any number of OT losses last year, where Bowness rolled out f***ed up line combos would have been undone by someone with a clue
This team needs a major shakeup.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA

What's really scary is that Robertson's campaign was an utter surprise. He got multiple scratches before sticking for real. That means Nill thought the team was good enough, despite the situation, without factoring in a surprise 1st line winger. How bad would the team have been without Robertson's rookie campaign and Hintz/Pavelski being on absolute fire?

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Heck, not having Oettinger in shootouts probably gets it done, but this team would have been soundly swept by anyone they faced. By the end of the season, they had nothing left. I don’t think any coach does anything last season with the hollow roster getting routinely shut out to end the season.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
But honestly who'd a though this team would be struggling to score after adding offensive dynamos like Michael Raffl, Luke Glendending and Ryan Suter.
I mean you'd almost need a goddamn crystal ball and some sacrificial goats to come up with something so crazy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad