GDT: [Game #6] Dallas Stars @ Columbus Blue Jackets - 6:00 PM CT (BS-SW)

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I get why Gurianov passed there (Elvis was fully square to the shot and the right side of the net was wide open).

But he has to know that there isn't a passing lane there. Just rip a shot low right side. If it doesn't beat the goalie itself, you likely get a rebound right out into the slot.

-----

Heiskanen has seemed so much more engaged offensively this season. Love seeing him skate the puck into the zone so often, especially on the PP. Definitely need more of that instead of whatever else this team thinks they can do.

Reactions: Kcb12345

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I get why Gurianov passed there (Elvis was fully square to the shot and the right side of the net was wide open).

But he has to know that there isn't a passing lane there. Just rip a shot low right side. If it doesn't beat the goalie itself, you likely get a rebound right out into the slot.

-----

Heiskanen has seemed so much more engaged offensively this season. Love seeing him skate the puck into the zone so often, especially on the PP. Definitely need more of that instead of whatever else this team thinks they can do.
does he though?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

-----

I'd like to see him take that puck to the net on his backhand maybe there. He had a clear path to it

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Brian Rea has improved so much since he started. He was so annoying and frat-boyish when he started but he seems like a legitimate analyst now who knows what he's talking about.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I'd like to see him take that puck to the net on his backhand maybe there. He had a clear path to it

Yea, or that. With Elvis' position he could've cut through the middle and tried to deke. I think he had enough speed and space to get there before the defense.

It's the same shit with Denis, his mind can't keep up with his body.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
I think the fall was a bit delayed, just some awkward movement. Kind of weak but meh, not the worst.

Yeah, nothing I'd go crazy over as a call, just one of those borderline ones that would depend on the ref's mood that night.

As for Heiskanen, I think a recall a play where he skating into 4 men by himself and actually more or less got through successfully on the zone entry. It just ended up being a giveaway, but just that play alone was more aggressive than anything we saw out of him last year.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
That defensive effort on the goal was also pitiful. Raffl could've stayed with Bjorkstrand but just... didn't. No one else was even skating.

And I don't know what Holtby was doing. That was pathetic.

Reactions: Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
I'm a little nervous about how much Gurianov we're seeing, are they showcasing the dude for a trade or really giving him a shot because they're desperate? Whatever the case, he's got 2 shots and 2 posts, even while passing up that opportunity.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I'm a little nervous about how much Gurianov we're seeing, are they showcasing the dude for a trade or really giving him a shot because they're desperate? Whatever the case, he's got 2 shots and 2 posts, even while passing up that opportunity.
They're not going to trade him.
They need top 6 help, and if they are trading him to add that, they cannot bring in the salary of a top 6 player.
If they are bringing in a bottom 6 guy.... might as well keep him

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
They're not going to trade him.
They need top 6 help, and if they are trading him to add that, they cannot bring in the salary of a top 6 player.
If they are bringing in a bottom 6 guy.... might as well keep him

The amount of logic you are assuming out of the thought processes of our roster building is way too high here. :sarcasm:

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Guri, Seguin, Bourque and a 1st for Eichel

Eichel's deal ends a year earlier than Seguin, and he's young and hungry enough to bounce back. I would do this trade, give that man his surgery.

Edit: I didn't realize this but Buffalo is on the clock to make this trade. Eichel has an NMC that kicks in after this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad