GDT: [Game #6] Dallas Stars @ Columbus Blue Jackets - 6:00 PM CT (BS-SW)

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
But honestly who'd a though this team would be struggling to score after adding offensive dynamos like Michael Raffl, Luke Glendending and Ryan Suter.
I mean you'd almost need a goddamn crystal ball and some sacrificial goats to come up with something so crazy

Adding Seguin and Radulov was supposed to help, plus Robertson wasn't supposed to be MIA...

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'm not convinced Comeau should even crack this lineup lol. The guys who he would realistically replace have all been mostly fine

Reactions: DieselPig

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Adding Seguin and Radulov was supposed to help, plus Robertson wasn't supposed to be MIA...
Sure, what could go wrong relying on 2 guys who just missed all of last season with surgeries. Never mind that the team has struggled to score since Monty came into the fold and it's only gotten worse.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
He’s a fun analyst to have when the team is winning.

But there’s no team-employed analyst who is fun to listen to when the team is losing.

Yes. He says that stuff because he has to say something. It would be dumb of him to go ranting about how much the team sucks. He's their employee not a neutral analyst.

Reactions: redbeardtx

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Sure, what could go wrong relying on 2 guys who just missed all of last season with surgeries. Never mind that the team has struggled to score since Monty came into the fold and it's only gotten worse.
As much as I’m eager to blame coaching for a lot, the slump in scoring also lines up with Benn and Seguin breaking down.

Reactions: starsfan86

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
As much as I’m eager to blame coaching for a lot, the slump in scoring also lines up with Benn and Seguin breaking down.
Seguin was a 40g scorer under hitch. (played all 82)
Scored 80p under Monty (played all 82) <---Team couldn't score for shit (28 out of 31)
Played in all 69games only 50p <---- team scored at a whole .03 higher rate than previous year (26th)

Monty was the one that instituted this dumb system.
Yes injuries have compiled onto it. But the scoring dried up because of Monty's system

edit seriously hate this site in mobile

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
There was also the hope that this veteran group would look better getting back to a normal schedule versus the brutal four games a weak their covid/power outage reshuffling created. A guy like Benn who needs maintenance days should theoretically look better with more time off, but he’s also a year older. This normal schedule isn’t helping the vets have better legs.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA

That is less 5 v 5 goals than Alex Ovechkin, who has 6 in the same amount of games I believe.

Also, the Stars, Hawks, Lightning (!), and Coyotes are the only four teams without a regulation win.

Reactions: DieselPig

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Seguin was a 40g scorer under hitch. (played all 82)
Scored 80p under Monty (played all 82) <---Team couldn't score for shit (28 out of 31)
Played in all 69games only 50p <---- team scored at a whole .03 higher rate than previous year (26th)

Monty was the one that instituted this dumb system.
Yes injuries have compiled onto it. But the scoring dried up because of Monty's system

edit seriously hate this site in mobile
Here's my preferred way to look at it. Just a flat look at where they finished on the scoring list. I like this because the league started seeing an overall increase in scoring the year Monty took over, so while Seguin did score two more points the season Monty took over versus his season under Hitch, he fell in the overall scoring list because others in the league also scored more. Benn's drop off has been far more dramatic, but the decline for Seguin is real and started a few seasons ago.

RuffRuffHitchMontyMonty/BonesBones
15-1616-1717-1818-1919-2020-covid
Benn2nd22nd22nd94th143rd101st
Seguin14th15th24th28th69thN/A
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
These aren't advanced stats.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Here's my preferred way to look at it. Just a flat look at where they finished on the scoring list. I like this because the league started seeing an overall increase in scoring the year Monty took over, so while Seguin did score two more points the season Monty took over versus his season under Hitch, he fell in the overall scoring list because others in the league also scored more. Benn's drop off has been far more dramatic, but the decline for Seguin is real and started a few seasons ago.

RuffRuffHitchMontyMonty/BonesBones
15-1616-1717-1818-1919-2020-covid
Benn2nd22nd22nd94th143rd101st
Seguin14th15th24th28th69thN/A
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
These aren't advanced stats.

This is a little too messy for my liking, because injuries are going to impact this stuff. I'd probably rather look at points/60 and exclude players under a certain minutes threshold (everyone >500 mins, as an example) and rank by that. At least it does a decent effort of minimizing games played as a big factor and still keeps in mind that point rates change. It also factors in efficiency.

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
If we have a losing season and are out of it by the trade deadline, it might be a blessing in disguise. We could load up a lot of picks/assets for our pending UFAs.

… but knowing this organization we’ll stay in the hunt right until the end, miss playoffs by a few points, lose our pending UFAs for nothing, draft 13th overall. C’est la vie.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Jeez, Bowness really does hate Kiviranta. 7:36 tonight. I'd imagine he is the guy who comes out for Comeau yikes

I haven't even noticed him playing bad or anything, he looks decent out there

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
It's shitty and all but it's not like every fan base doesn't have assholes.

And f*** Portzline for trying to insinuate that some rando f***face represents #TexasHockey. Also f*** the new hashtag #TexasHockey because it makes me think of the Texas Stars not the Dallas Stars. Since I'm ranting, calling your minor league team the Texas Stars was stupid. Should have just called them the Cedar Park Stars.

Last edited:

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
If we have a losing season and are out of it by the trade deadline, it might be a blessing in disguise. We could load up a lot of picks/assets for our pending UFAs.

… but knowing this organization we’ll stay in the hunt right until the end, miss playoffs by a few points, lose our pending UFAs for nothing, draft 13th overall. C’est la vie.
If Radulov and Pavelski don't pick things up, then selling them at the deadline might not be an option.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Jeez, Bowness really does hate Kiviranta. 7:36 tonight. I'd imagine he is the guy who comes out for Comeau yikes

Yeah. I mean, I'm not gonna pretend like Kiviranta should be getting 15-20 minutes a night, but he's only gotten like 11 minutes between the last two games combined and is the lowest TOI/G forward on the entire team; just behind Kero and Gurianov.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
If Radulov and Pavelski don't pick things up, then selling them at the deadline might not be an option.

There will 100% be a market for Pavelski. Only thing holding him back right now from producing is the team imo he's still got it, and teams will be lining up to get him for the playoffs I'd imagine

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

He's a guy. Doesn't excel offensively or defensively. This team has bigger problems.

Reactions: Sports2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad