Post-Game Talk: Game 6 - B's start with Rockie Mountain low and don't recover - Flames 5 BRUINS 2 F

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
heard on XM that Tukka was less then stellar? Lack of depth at forward and Tooooook will keep us out and early, unless Sweeney does something ballZy.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
some people calling for a trade before taking one of your three 35 goal scorers off the 1st line and putting him on the 2nd? We won't win with 1 line. 2 great lines are better than 1 amazing.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Debrusk is an absolute beast out there at times, and Krejci tends not to give the puck-up to him enough. I like Krejci he's still a good player but like you said he's much more suited at this point in his career as a 3rd line center.

Debrusk is a beast with a -2, Krejci is a 3rd liner, with an assist, one of three forwards without a negative +/- rating....aha.....
Certainly not the same player as in his 20's' but he is in his 30's and decline is expected.

Reactions: BBB24

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
some people calling for a trade before taking one of your three 35 goal scorers off the 1st line and putting him on the 2nd? We won't win with 1 line. 2 great lines are better than 1 amazing.
I don't think we can have two great lines, just not enough wingers out there. If we could somehow unload Backes and use the cap space we already have for a nice 2nd line winger and a 3rd line center, we'd be prime to fight in the East. But who would take Backes....

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I don't think we can have two great lines, just not enough wingers out there. If we could somehow unload Backes and use the cap space we already have for a nice 2nd line winger and a 3rd line center, we'd be prime to fight in the East. But who would take Backes....

No-body taking Backes unless you send a high pick or top prospect their way. I really dont feel the wingers are the problem. DeBrusk is one if the Best young wingers in the game. If Sweeney can go out and acquire a legitimate number two center and move Krejci to where he belongs down to the 3rd center spot, the Bruins would have 3 very good lines and with the 4th line doing exactly what you want a 4th line to do on most nights, the Bruins would become legit contenders.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins go down in flames in Calgary - The Boston Globe

CALGARY, Alberta — It was the Bruins at their early-season worst. For about 10 minutes, it looked like something seen in Washington.

Like the season opener, Boston started its first extended road trip with a dud. Mental mistakes, a lack of punch, and a couple soft goals created too much of hole, letting the Flames hang on for a 5-2 win.

The Bruins, who beat the Flames twice in their preseason excursion to China, made it hard on themselves. After they went down 3-0 after the first, a comeback was as difficult as learning Mandarin. They were outshot 29-25, and were strangled in the third (eight shots).

“Too many turnovers, too many odd-man rushes,” Bergeron said. “We left our goalie out to dry, and it could have been worse.”

Calgary (4-2-0), after Boston controlled the opening minutes, pushed in a way they didn’t when the games didn’t count. They saddled the Bruins with their largest first-period deficit of the year.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
It appeared fairly simply last night and most nights:
Krejci 7.25 million + Backes 6.0 million + Rask at 7.0 million are glaring financial/player issues on this team.

I'm sorry, after a 5-2 loss on a west coast trip in October, when the team is 5-2, there is nothing "glaring" at all. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. Let the World Series finish before letting out your inner Eeyore.

f***ing Boston fans. :ha:

Reactions: Chief Nine

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
That first line is amazing, but I really would like to see at least one of Marchand or Pasternak tried on line 2.

I have a feeling Bruce won’t do it until things actually get “really bad”, but I don’t see how we ever really go anywhere with only one line able to produce on any sort of consistent basis.

The third and fourth lines seem basically hopeless as far as producing points, so can we at least TRY to give the second line a punch?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Debrusk is a beast with a -2, Krejci is a 3rd liner, with an assist, one of three forwards without a negative +/- rating....aha.....
Certainly not the same player as in his 20's' but he is in his 30's and decline is expected.

Just checking, but based on your previous post, it sounds like you didn’t watch the game?

It’s hard to make observations about players in a game, if one doesn’t watch said game and only looks at a stat sheet.

Reactions: TCB

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
I'm sorry, after a 5-2 loss on a west coast trip in October, when the team is 5-2, there is nothing "glaring" at all. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. Let the World Series finish before letting out your inner Eeyore.

****ing Boston fans. :ha:

Look in fairness, we beat Ottawa, Detroit, Edmonton and Buffalo. You are talking about the trash heap of the league, potentially most of the teams who will be picking in the top 10.

We've lost to the only 2 legit playoff caliber teams we've faced, letting in 12 goals in those 2 games. October is a super soft month, let's get those pts against everyone we can. Go look at February's schedule. That's the month where you'll know what you've got.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

****ing Boston fans. :ha:

It may be only October but its still pretty apparent, the Bruins need too add to their forward group and Tuukka needs to play a full 60 minutes. He just seems to let way to many softies in and then goes on and make some incredible saves.

These concerns are way to familiar, whether its last yr in the playoffs or this October. Hopefully Sweeney addresses the issue before this yrs playoffs.

I understand its early and lets give the youngster a chance and see what we have before a move is made but it seems pretty apparent the first line is pretty much unstoppable but they need help whether its a true 2nd line center or another top winger to play with Debrusk, that is if the Bruins want to win more than one playoff round.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
No-body taking Backes unless you send a high pick or top prospect their way. I really dont feel the wingers are the problem. DeBrusk is one if the Best young wingers in the game. If Sweeney can go out and acquire a legitimate number two center and move Krejci to where he belongs down to the 3rd center spot, the Bruins would have 3 very good lines and with the 4th line doing exactly what you want a 4th line to do on most nights, the Bruins would become legit contenders.

I do like the idea of adding a legit 2nd line center. Never thought of it that way before but we would have to trade a lot to get that. Putting Krech at 3rd solves a lot of things, gets Backes off center for one and puts him back to just a checking role. Krech will not like it but father time is ticking, do what is best for the team. Now to find a guy like that will be hard, no panic yet but it is obvious to everyone we are looking like a one line team, Bergy deserves better.

The kids need to be on display and playing with creative guys that keep up to them if they are going to show us anything. Having them just checking is useless, we could have kept Winnik for that, he would have been better at it. If the kids do not produce with that kind of center then time to bring up new blood, if Seny keeps scoring maybe he should get a few games, cannot hurt.

Credit where credit is due, the flames played a really good game yesterday. They kept the Bruins boxed out to the edges all game, 5 0n 5 and the power play. A few bad breaks and that is the game.

Reactions: TCB

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Krejci's fall from very good 2C to mediocre has been painful. I know it's always his wingers fault, but he is vital to our long term success. I still think he can do it, but will he?

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Folks, its October.

Remember last October?

No, didn't think you did.

9-7-4 with a goal diff of -5 in the month of October and everyone was resigned to getting a good draft pick.

Things did not come together until November and then again when the team got healthy in December.
Even in November, we were all sweating over not being in a playoff spot by Thanksgiving.

Then they tore up the league.

I understand there are some issues with the team, not gonna debate that. But this is an 80+ game sport, not football where every game is of vast importance because there they are only in the teens.
Take a breather and let the people who are paid to straighten the team out get the job done.

A lot of people here panic every time their teams loses. If your happiness is dependant on your sports teams wins streak then you need to take a hard, serious, look at your life. It's a game, entertainment.

Last edited:

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Not the end of the world but not good either.

We need secondary scoring. And to people saying its only been a few games this is exactly what happened in the playoffs as well. Our top line is good enough to drag the team around to some extent but they cant be on the ice for 60 minutes.

Krejci needs to be better. There's nothing else to say about that.

Backes is cooked and that contract was hideous before the ink was dry.

We will be okay but our depth at forward is very concerning. I miss Krug.

Just win vs the McDavids

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Folks, its October.

Remember last October?

No, didn't think you did.

9-7-4 with a goal diff of -5 in the month of October and everyone was resigned to getting a good draft pick.

Things did not come together until November and then again when the team got healthy in December.
Even in November, we were all sweating over not being in a playoff spot by Thanksgiving.

Then they tore up the league.

I understand there are some issues with the team, not gonna debate that. But this is an 80+ game sport, not football where every game is of vast importance because there they are only in the teens.
Take a breather and let the people who are paid to straighten the team out get the job done.

A lot of people here panic every time their teams loses. If your happiness is dependant on your sports teams wins streak then you need to take a hard, serious, look at your life. It's a game, entertainment.
I don’t think this is panicking,it’s just stating a fact,the first line is great,we all acknowledge that,but we saw that line get neutralized later in the series against the Leafs other than PP as a result ended up dragging to seven games,and again after first game with Tampa,obviously Bruins management realized it was a concern in the of season,as they went after some big name free agents.Well they weren’t successful obviously,but the problem still exists and I think still needs to be addressed.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad