Post-Game Talk: Game 6 - B's start with Rockie Mountain low and don't recover - Flames 5 BRUINS 2 F

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
No argument about Backes, I have no problem sweetening it with Heinen for example (or Bjork). Putting Krejci on third line would have been possible during the super-clubs era (the edmontons and the pittsburgs and detroits). There is not team in the league today (may be other than Toronto) where Krejci is a third line center. He is a first liner on almost any team in this league.
You got to be kidding?

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
The defensemen weren't doing their job. The puck didn't pop out 3 feet into the scoring area- Monahan should not have been able to take that puck from right in front Rask and get it to a wide open Gaudreau. But we can agree to disagree, though. Whatever the case, putting that loss on Tuuka is a cheap cop out (not saying you in particular) and such lazy, low-hanging fruit.
Yes I agree it was a team loss, too many high quality chances given up. Rask made some incredible saves to make up for it but still think goals 2 and 3 were mostly on him.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
which part?
Krejci as a number 1 center, ten years ago maybe, today I can't think of a contending team where he would be an undisputed number 2. For all the talk of speed and pace and how there is no place for tougher players because of the pace David Krejci is as slow as any forward in the league and his Jack Edwards "superior vision and ability to control the pace of the game" nonsense is really looking like what it is, nonsense. He can't keep up with the play anymore and great passer or not he is getting challenged by D more and more and not producing.

He has one of the worst contracts in the league for what he is bringing to the table, just as bad as Backes or Bobby Ryan, and his lack of effort on many nights isn't helping. Peter "no trade clauses for everybody" Chiarelli did the Bruins no favors with the deal he signed Krejci to.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
He has one of the worst contracts in the league for what he is bringing to the table, just as bad as Backes or Bobby Ryan, and his lack of effort on many nights isn't helping. Peter "no trade clauses for everybody" Chiarelli did the Bruins no favors with the deal he signed Krejci to.

Another GEM from Fenian!! Hahaha

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Krejci as a number 1 center, ten years ago maybe, today I can't think of a contending team where he would be an undisputed number 2. For all the talk of speed and pace and how there is no place for tougher players because of the pace David Krejci is as slow as any forward in the league and his Jack Edwards "superior vision and ability to control the pace of the game" nonsense is really looking like what it is, nonsense. He can't keep up with the play anymore and great passer or not he is getting challenged by D more and more and not producing.

Listen I'd love to win a cup with all 3rd line grinders who work wicked hard and back check too but were gonna need some skill and playmaking from players like Krejci. After half a century of losing before Krejci it should be obvious

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Listen I'd love to win a cup with all 3rd line grinders who work wicked hard and back check too but were gonna need some skill and playmaking from players like Krejci. After half a century of losing before Krejci it should be obvious
I agree I just don't think Krejci is effective anymore, I think he could be a great third line center because of his smarts and defense but I don't picture him as a number 2 center on a contender. They need a younger, faster option there or if they are going to go for it this year then get an impact second line center for this year and maybe next.

JFK certainly doesn't appear to be a second line option or a third at this point, Frederic may take more than a year in the minors to be ready and Studnicka may well be in the same boat of needing more time to adjust to the pro game from juniors next year.

They should really drop Krecji a line and then Backes, this makes you very strong down the middle with a projected very good second line center taking Krejci's spot.

Donato, Heinen, Bjork and JFK should be dangled to get that player in here, all of them are expendable for the right player (not all in one trade unless it's a new number one center). The Senyshyn's, Zboril's and other prospects who look like busts at this point can be added if someone sees value in them.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I agree I just don't think Krejci is effective anymore, I think he could be a great third line center because of his smarts and defense but I don't picture him as a number 2 center on a contender. They need a younger, faster option there or if they are going to go for it this year then get an impact second line center for this year and maybe next.

JFK certainly doesn't appear to be a second line option or a third at this point, Frederic may take more than a year in the minors to be ready and Studnicka may well be in the same boat of needing more time to adjust to the pro game from juniors next year.

They should really drop Krecji a line and then Backes, this makes you very strong down the middle with a projected very good second line center taking Krejci's spot.

Donato, Heinen, Bjork and JFK should be dangled to get that player in here, all of them are expendable for the right player (not all in one trade unless it's a new number one center). The Senyshyn's, Zboril's and other prospects who look like busts at this point can be added if someone sees value in them.

Most likely are being dangled but it's not like any of them (other than Heinen) have made a big impact and will garnish that much attraction. I would focus on dangling a D prospect and a Donato for a young proven scorer that can play with Krejci or play third line center. Nugent Hopkins?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I just hate to see Marchand & Bergeron's prime years wasted. I don't think their window is that open right now, 1, maybe 2 years? I'd like them to try to win now, and right now... a second line C/Wing is an absolute necessity.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru

This is laughable, the first paragraph.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad