Post-Game Talk: Game 6 - B's start with Rockie Mountain low and don't recover - Flames 5 BRUINS 2 F

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Agreed. Backes is getting a lot of hate that should also be directed towards Krejci. He’s just as much an issue. He’s playing as the 2C but seems more like a 3C at this point. I agree with the 2nd line needing an upgrade a center.

Debrusk is an absolute beast out there at times, and Krejci tends not to give the puck-up to him enough. I like Krejci he's still a good player but like you said he's much more suited at this point in his career as a 3rd line center.

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
They 100% need to make a move. It’s time to **** or get off the pot right now.

Get a trade done early, build some chemistry. Dangle one of Heinen, Bjork or Donato and a pick or two. Go get some scoring.

It might seem knee jerk, but it needs to be done. Look at the post season last year, look at the start of this season.

It's not knee-jerk when it's been an issue for 2 seasons.

Secondary scoring, a "binky for Krejci", and a top 6 LW has been a GLARING hole since they traded Lucic, Smith, and Smelleskey (buyout)... plus the horrible swings and misses

That first line is too good, and the defense is too solid to just let these "kids" and bums try to pull it together.

Reactions: Fenian24

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
It's not knee-jerk when it's been an issue for 2 seasons.

Secondary scoring, a "binky for Krejci", and a top 6 LW has been a GLARING hole since they traded Lucic, Smith, and Smelleskey (buyout)... plus the horrible swings and misses

That first line is too good, and the defense is too solid to just let these "kids" and bums try to pull it together.
Agree bye the time the kids hopefully develop ,how much will Bergy and Krejci have left in them.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Also, maybe Cassidy should start playing the forward who was 4th in scoring for forwards on the team last year...

Reactions: 22Brad Park

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Saw a Chara slapshot tonite catch Hannifan right in the back of the leg and he barely blinked.He seperated Bruins from the puck tonite a few times in D zone on the wall like nothing.Very good D man.

Reactions: bryson21

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
The first half of that game was a total bong show...er I mean gong show.

Sloppy D and sub-par goaltending in the 1st period put the B's in a hole they couldn't recover from.

It also didn't help that their PP was atrocious.

On a brighter note, as bad as Rask played in the first period he got much sharper as the game went on.

Oh well on to the next game....and I think the B's will come out with a much better effort against the Oliers.

Bruins win 5-3

Reactions: rfournier103

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

Sloppy D and sub-par goaltending in the 1st period put the B's in a hole they couldn't recover from.

On a brighter note, as bad as Rask played in the first period he got much sharper as the game went on.

Oh well on to the next game....and I think the B's will come out with a much better effort against the Oliers.

Bruins win 5-3
And have a record of 5-2 . I’ll take it .

Reactions: rfournier103

Crash Bandicoot

Sobriety isn't for wimps.
Feb 25, 2016
Let's just admit the forwards played lousy defense. Those Calgary goals were tick-tack-toe and no Bruin forward around them. Pretty bad showing for team defense. I'm not huge Rask fan or hater but he was not at fault for at least 3 of those goals.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
At what point do you take off Pastrnak and place him with Krejci to balance the scoring?

I don't think it would work that way some how. The reason that line is so good is because they have the understanding and chemistry to make it that good. Dropping Pastrnak to the 2nd line doesn't guarantee you more goals on that line but it does guarantee you less goals on the top line! To break up the best thing about this team would be completely counter productive.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Either try Heinen at center or call up JFK, Backes can’t keep up with his wingers.
I have heard nothing good about JFK yet this season and he showed nothing in the preseason to warrant staying with the team.

To me the answer is trade some of the wunderkids and get at least one, hopefully two, established NHL forwards who can score.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Let's just admit the forwards played lousy defense. Those Calgary goals were tick-tack-toe and no Bruin forward around them. Pretty bad showing for team defense. I'm not huge Rask fan or hater but he was not at fault for at least 3 of those goals.

Well if the 2 remaining goals were largely his fault that’s still a problem. Particularly if they are less than a minute apart in the 1st period. Sets a pretty poor tone for the game. His inconsistency is pretty frustrating.

Reactions: BBruins

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007

Bruins win 5-3
Isn’t this always the way with Rask though? Except for those soft goals he let in, he played great! The guy makes 7M dollars a year, he can’t be spotting the other team 3 goals before he gets his shit together.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
At what point do you take off Pastrnak and place him with Krejci to balance the scoring?

At no point...

1) You don't break up the best line in hockey... We have a line that's the envy of the whole league and some want to break it up?

2) Putting Pastrnak with Krejci wouldn't "balance the scoring", because Krejci is not anymore Krejci v.2010-2013. He simply is no longer the dominant game breaker he used to be. Nowadays he's close to being as effective as he used to be, in maybe 1 game every 6 or 7.
I think that it's not by chance and/or as a whim that the Bruins were in on Tavares during the summer.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
At no point...

1) You don't break up the best line in hockey... We have a line that's the envy of the whole league and some want to break it up?

2) Putting Pastrnak with Krejci wouldn't "balance the scoring", because Krejci is not anymore Krejci v.2010-2013. He simply is no longer the dominant game breaker he used to be. Nowadays he's close to being as effective as he used to be, in maybe 1 game every 6 or 7.
I think that it's not by chance and/or as a whim that the Bruins were in on Tavares during the summer.

Yup, the David Krejci we once knew is long gone.

It's time posters around here get used to it and stop with this $%^&%&**^ nonsense of putting Pastrnak with Krejci to balance scoring. Why would you want one of the bright young stars of the league dragged down by this relic of the past is beyond me.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
It appeared fairly simply last night and most nights:
Krejci 7.25 million + Backes 6.0 million + Rask at 7.0 million are glaring financial/player issues on this team.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I still think that the Bs should call up Cehlarik and see what he can add. I don't see what it can hurt given that secondary scoring has been so anemic most every game so far. Not happy Heinen sat another game either. Too many non-offensive threats in the lineup.

He should have stayed up and as someone noted above, one of the NCAA love childs sent down.

Last edited:
Reactions: FanSince72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->