Post-Game Talk: Game 6 - B's start with Rockie Mountain low and don't recover - Flames 5 BRUINS 2 F

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-10-18_0-12-20.png

upload_2018-10-18_0-13-25.png

GAME SUMMARY

EVENT SUMMARY

PLAY BY PLAY

FACEOFF SUMMARY

FACEOFF COMPARISON

TOI BRUINS

VIDEO

Last edited:

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
I feel like Gryz was trying to play like he was Erik Karlsson out there tonight, he was acting like the star player on the PP's.. he doesn't usually do that so it really stuck out as odd.

Reactions: Pia8988 and TCB

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
They 100% need to make a move. It’s time to shit or get off the pot right now.

Get a trade done early, build some chemistry. Dangle one of Heinen, Bjork or Donato and a pick or two. Go get some scoring.

It might seem knee jerk, but it needs to be done. Look at the post season last year, look at the start of this season.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I feel like Gryz was trying to play like he was Erik Karlsson out there tonight, he was acting like the star player on the PP's.. he doesn't usually do that so it really stuck out as odd.

Bang on. He actually made some risky moves in his own as well which he fortunately got away with. But for some reason he tried to be the show on the PP instead of just qbing it and getting the puck too Marchand and Pasta.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
They'll figure it out. There were some good moments.

No need to panic but Backes has gotta be better The kids just need time.

The defence looks pretty good overall.

PacificNWBruin

Apr 23, 2015
Netherlands
Offense issues aren’t just on Backes. Krejci still can’t get his line going. He’s supposed to be the driving force and playmaker of that 2nd line but he needs certain players apparently.

Reactions: BBruins

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I shall lovingly name that one Hot Garbage.

And never think of it again.

I do hope Sweeney is thinking of the present a little bit though here. And presently his centre group outside of Bergeron is ho-riffic.

If you could mate Heinen, Bjork and Donato, their love child would probably be a complete player. If you can’t do that it might be time to address that issue as well

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I still think that the Bs should call up Cehlarik and see what he can add. I don't see what it can hurt given that secondary scoring has been so anemic most every game so far. Not happy Heinen sat another game either. Too many non-offensive threats in the lineup.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Bergy is busting his b@ll$ out there he deserves help. He will skate way to many miles before January and be burnt out come playoffs. Heinen deserves to be back in. Heck bring up Senyshyn for a look see. The team is going be easy to play against, just out score Bergys line. Forth line should probably be Backes, Nordstrom and Kuraly.

Reactions: bryson21 and TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I still think that the Bs should call up Cehlarik and see what he can add. I don't see what it can hurt given that secondary scoring has been so anemic most every game so far. Not happy Heinen sat another game either. Too many non-offensive threats in the lineup.

A lot of talk about Backlesky but Krejci just doesn't do enough to create chances for his wingers and he's certainly isn't a finisher. Debrusk is the 2nd line. As his speed and forechecking helps create space for Krejci.

I really feel he gets a pass for what he's done in the past. This isn't 2011 or 2013 anymore. The Bruins need an up grade at 2nd line Center and then their Cup contenders.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
They 100% need to make a move. It’s time to **** or get off the pot right now.

Get a trade done early, build some chemistry. Dangle one of Heinen, Bjork or Donato and a pick or two. Go get some scoring.

It might seem knee jerk, but it needs to be done. Look at the post season last year, look at the start of this season.
They definitely will need more scoring to match up with the Leafs that’s for sure.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Have to say though the Flames played a good home game, Gio is such a good deeman. Smith is like another dee back there, they passed well all game. Bruins had chances but were kept to the outside. Rask redeemed himself, Grizz was not that bad, Flames took away options very well tonight, Mac has to be better offensively. It started of bad and was just one of those games that was never going be saved. Krech needs to be a lot better, he did not skate much today.

PacificNWBruin

Apr 23, 2015
Netherlands
A lot of talk about Backlesky but Krejci just doesn't do enough to create chances for his wingers and he's certainly isn't a finisher. Debrusk is the 2nd line. As his speed and forechecking helps create space for Krejci.

I really feel he gets a pass for what he's done in the past. This isn't 2011 or 2013 anymore. The Bruins need an up grade at 2nd line Center and then their Cup contenders.

Agreed. Backes is getting a lot of hate that should also be directed towards Krejci. He’s just as much an issue. He’s playing as the 2C but seems more like a 3C at this point. I agree with the 2nd line needing an upgrade a center.

Reactions: BBruins and TCB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad