Post-Game Talk: GAME 54 - Bruins gift wrap 2 points to the Rangers - NYR 4 BRUINS 3 F/SO

LouisSleigher

Jul 6, 2013
SW Ohio
A coach who is prepared should have his shootout list determined in advance. It's not too hard. Most of the posters on this board could put together a reasonable list. And by reasonable, I mean one in which Bergeron appears in the top seven.

Reactions: TD Charlie

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
When Heinen is moved by the coach to 2nd line then benched 2 games to 3rd line to top line ,that screams incompetent General Manager .The coach is trying everything to find scoring without any help.

Reactions: Strafer

LouisSleigher

Jul 6, 2013
SW Ohio
When Heinen is moved by the coach to 2nd line then benched 2 games to 3rd line to top line ,that screams incompetent General Manager .The coach is trying everything to find scoring without any help.
Or incompetent coach. How does a player go from healthy scratch to top line in one game?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Or incompetent coach. How does a player go from healthy scratch to top line in one game?

Well you can argue that but I think he has tried just about everything with what he has to work with.Don Sweeney knows them holes have been there near a year.Why do they pay him?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
:help:

upload_2019-2-7_0-11-30.png

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
A coach who is prepared should have his shootout list determined in advance. It's not too hard. Most of the posters on this board could put together a reasonable list. And by reasonable, I mean one in which Bergeron appears in the top seven.

Scary part is that MAYBE HE DID!?!?!

Reactions: LouisSleigher

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Bruins had a good 2nd period and a good half of the 3rd but otherwise looked like a tired team tonight . I thought Halak was fine . Without a 3rd line center the Bruins don’t have a 3rd line or a line that can play significant minutes . JFK is probably not the answer but he looked better than Frederic.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Bruins had a good 2nd period and a good half of the 3rd but otherwise looked like a tired team tonight . I thought Halak was fine . Without a 3rd line center the Bruins don’t have a 3rd line or a line that can play significant minutes . JFK is probably not the answer but he looked better than Frederic.
While I know that the third line C is a gaping hole, I can't say that JFK is significantly better than TF. JFK took a while to get up to speed. TF is more physical which is something that they needed but JFK is a better technician but much weaker physically IMO. Neither one is the answer right now for sure.
Maybe we can meld them both into one complete NHL center?

Reactions: gillesgilbert

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

I mean, it never should have gotten to the shootout, but it did, so ...

o_O

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Yeah , I can’t believe fans who just want to throw in the towel already considering the Bruins are likely going to be playing the Leafs in round 1 . Sure the Leafs are better but with a couple of additions the Bruins can get there .

Ottawa got 4 on Leafs tonite .The main thing for me is Sweeney adds player or players who make Bruins more dangerous as a group.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I didn't see the whole game and I'm disappointed about the loss but I'm happy that McQuaid didn't beat up a little guy again tonight: So, there's THAT!

Reactions: BMC

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I didn't see the whole game and I'm disappointed about the loss but I'm happy that McQuaid didn't beat up a little guy again tonight: So, there's THAT!
I’m disappointed with the loss also but am trying to look at the big picture. Even if the Bruins go on a tear , they are not catching Tampa. So if they play very well the rest of the year maybe they get the 2nd spot and have home ice vs the Leafs . They could play fairly well ( which is more likely ) the rest of the way but they still get the Leafs without home ice advantage. I’m not big on a home ice advantage so not overly concerned about that . Of course Montreal can get in the way but I don’t see them keeping pace with the Bruins over the next few weeks , the Canadians have a very tough schedule upcoming.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Anyone think it might benefit the Bruins to hover into the first wildcard spot? Instead of going through the Leafs and Lightning, you'd get the Islanders and then hopefully the Pens take out the Caps for you in round 1.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Anyone think it might benefit the Bruins to hover into the first wildcard spot? Instead of going through the Leafs and Lightning, you'd get the Islanders and then hopefully the Pens take out the Caps for you in round 1.
Yeah that definitely might be more ideal but I think that only happens if the Canadians survive a stretch where they play Winnipeg , Toronto, Nashville, Tampa . That stretch will make or break them .

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

No matter what Bruins GM needs to add scoring.It is hard to believe that guy cannot find help.Couple weeks to go though.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad