Post-Game Talk: GAME 54 - Bruins gift wrap 2 points to the Rangers - NYR 4 BRUINS 3 F/SO

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Gotta get some offense for this team. For those saying not to buy are crazy. We can get a top 6 forward and another center we def do it. We are right up there with everyone outside of Tampa.
For them to be this good in the standing with that horrible offense should get Cassidy the Jack Adams.

Look at that shootout for an example. Every attempt was pathetic except for Marchands.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
If you're only going to have Frederic play 7-9 minutes a night, just send him back to Providence. Honestly its a waste of a line-up spot and its doing nothing to help his development.

Also can someone fill me in on the Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen trio? Did they play much together and if so how did they look and is it something we could see going forward?
I liked him in the fight he had but really that’s about all I have good to say about him ,he isn’t ready yet send him back down.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I liked JFK at center on the third line. At least they were creating some offense.

I think Frederick was playing well and deserved a try. JFK just was not playing consistent night in and night out. It was an experiment worth trying. I think we know Frederick is close, but needs more baking. Finish the year with him in Providence and he will be ready for another shot over the summer.

Since we have few options available to us as 3C right now I agree that bringing up JFK is our best bet.

Sweeney trading for a low cost gritty vet for 3c that has some scoring touch is what we need immediately. But I think Don is holding his cards for a 2nd line winger first. Then with whats left fill the 3c role.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I think Frederick was playing well and deserved a try. JFK just was not playing consistent night in and night out. It was an experiment worth trying. I think we know Frederick is close, but needs more baking. Finish the year with him in Providence and he will be ready for another shot over the summer.

Since we have few options available to us as 3C right now I agree that bringing up JFK is our best bet.

Sweeney trading for a low cost gritty vet for 3c that has some scoring touch is what we need immediately. But I think Don is holding his cards for a 2nd line winger first. Then with whats left fill the 3c role.

I still think playing between a couple of high energy guys like Kuraly & Wagner is what Frederic needs. Playing with Backes/Nordstrom is just a slow methodical style. Frederic is a banger and this young in his career needs linemates he can feed off of.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Gotta get some offense for this team. For those saying not to buy are crazy. We can get a top 6 forward and another center we def do it. We are right up there with everyone outside of Tampa.
For them to be this good in the standing with that horrible offense should get Cassidy the Jack Adams.

Look at that shootout for an example. Every attempt was pathetic except for Marchands.
I think it’s a difficult decision for management,do they try to get the help they need before the deadline,which I think we all agree is another top six winger and a legitimate third line Center,without they aren’t going anywhere in the playoffs.But can they get those players without giving up to much,so that the subtraction of players really doesn’t make them any better.Or do you wait till the off season and go after free agents,Unfortunately the Bruins young players just haven’t come through for them this year,even Debrusk hasn’t been very good at all lately.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I still think playing between a couple of high energy guys like Kuraly & Wagner is what Frederic needs. Playing with Backes/Nordstrom is just a slow methodical style. Frederic is a banger and this young in his career needs linemates he can feed off of.

I think you are on to something there. My concern with this is two fold:

1) Can Frederick create offense? I've seen little creating from him so far. He seems more opportunist to me at this point in his development. Can he avoid mistakes? Breakaways are a common occurrence in our games now it seems. Against good teams, we will get torched from that.

B) The Worker B line is playing at a high level right now. They are a thing not just among us, but other teams and announcers are giving them respect. I think it would be detrimental to the team to risk that.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I think you are on to something there. My concern with this is two fold:

1) Can Frederick create offense? I've seen little creating from him so far, he seems more opportunist to me at this point in his development. Can he avoid mistakes, breakaways are a common occurrence in our games now it seems. Against good teams, we will get torched from that.

B) The Worker B line is playing at a high level right now. They are a thing not just among us, but other teams and announcers are giving them respect. I think it would be detrimental to the team to risk that.

1) I don't know that we've really had a chance to see if he can. I mean trying to create offense when your linemates are Backes/Heinen/Nordstrom is not an easy task.

2/B) I've said it before but IMO the "worker B" line is really Kuraly & Wagner. Acciari contributes, but I think you could throw just about anyone between them and they'll keep that line going.

Reactions: TCB

lucic27

proposal trade
Jul 7, 2014
QUÉBEC CITY
after the game last night my line up for 2 or 3 games before 25 feb 2019 trade date

Marchand Bergeron Heinen or news players
Celharick Kreci Pastrnak
DeBrusk JFK Wagner (DeBrusk and Wagner fast players and tought)
Nordstrom Kuraly Acciari (defence line )
Backes replace some times JFK Acciari and Nordstrom.

Chara Carlo
Krug Miller
Grezlcky McAvoy Moore

3 vs 3 players Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak (1) shift
DeBrusk Krejci Krug (2)
Marchand Bergeron Grezlcky (3)
Krejci Pastrnark Krug (4)

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Remember what Chiarelli had to do to rebuild the third line during the cup year. Traded Wheeler and Stuart to get some speed on that line.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
All I can say is I'm glad I didn't stay up to watch this debacle.

Carry on....
tenor.gif

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
1) I don't know that we've really had a chance to see if he can. I mean trying to create offense when your linemates are Backes/Heinen/Nordstrom is not an easy task.

2/B) I've said it before but IMO the "worker B" line is really Kuraly & Wagner. Acciari contributes, but I think you could throw just about anyone between them and they'll keep that line going.

#1) I'd give it a go if we were up 3 goals in the third and could afford to play with lines. But you know as well as I do how thats is going for us right now. Getting a 3 goal lead is near impossible, let alone collapsing and losing any lead we have gained.

#C) The game where Accari was scratched last week I think made good evidence that he has some value on that line. The 4th was not the same in that game without him. But I am not using pen writing his name on that line either, not sold that he is the best option we have.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
It was one defense collapse, a bad penalty, and bad rebound control by Halak on what should of been an easy save and its 3-3.

You cannot be trying to put the Chityl goal on Halak. He was so alone at the side of the net he could have been selling popcorn. He got behind our defense, give him credit, and was there for a greasy goal.

Thats on our team, not so much Halak.

Reactions: egelband

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
That was me up to the second intermission, I just couldn't stay awake.

You OTOH had no choice :(

I have one trick I use coming back from NY that pays dividends.

I take NJ Transit over to Newark and then catch the Hotel Amtrak heading north. By doing that instead of being a zombie in Pann Station at 2:30 AM, I am out cold in business class and usually wake up in Rhode Island.

upload_2019-2-7_9-50-35.png

Reactions: BMC and Dreghorn2

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
You cannot be trying to put the Chityl goal on Halak. He was so alone at the side of the net he could have been selling popcorn. He got behind our defense, give him credit, and was there for a greasy goal.

Thats on our team, not so much Halak.

The shot from the point by buchnevich should of been handled by Halak and if it was, there wouldn't of been no chance for a greasy goal by Chytil. That's a save that needs to be made with out allowing a rebound.

It was a point shot that wasn't deflected and was center of mass on Halak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad