Post-Game Talk: GAME 54 - Bruins gift wrap 2 points to the Rangers - NYR 4 BRUINS 3 F/SO

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-2-6_23-5-42.png

upload_2019-2-6_23-6-36.png

upload_2019-2-6_23-7-44.png

upload_2019-2-6_23-8-33.png

upload_2019-2-6_23-9-7.png

upload_2019-2-6_23-9-42.png

GAME SUMMARY

EVENT SUMMARY

PLAY BY PLAY

FACEOFF SUMMARY

FACEOFF COMPARISION

TOI BRUINS

Last edited:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
after watching shootouts you really get to see how pathetic offensively we are.

man marchand with the only legit move.
even pasta muffs on his attempt.
the rest a high school goalie couldve stopped

Reactions: The Hajj

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
after watching shootouts you really get to see how pathetic offensively we are.

man marchand with the only legit move.
even pasta muffs on his attempt.
the rest a high school goalie couldve stopped

Marchand scores five hole and nobody else tries it

...and Pasta makes too many damn moves in the shootout

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Four chances at winning the game after the Rangers miss their shots, which of the following players do you think statistically speaking gives you the best chance at winning the hockey game?

Heinen, McAvoy, DeBrusk or Bergeron?

I know which of the 4 I'd pick, I certainly wouldn't have not picked him at all.

Yeah yeah the shootouts a crap-shoot but I just don't think Cassidy gave his team the best chance at winning the game.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Calling it not now, wildcard team that loses in the 1st round to a team with less points as the top seed in the metro. We will never gain ground on the Canadiens or the Leafs with this kind of let down play. I hope Cam Neely has a closed door meeting with this team about how old Bergeron is getting and how they might not get another “next year” they are inches away from being the Minnesota Wild.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I agree with what others have said lately ... time to sit Charlie Mac down for a game or two to watch from the press box. He hasn’t looked great for quite some time now. Put Moore back in for a couple games
i agree. he doesnt even hiy people anymore and offensively he just isnt there at all.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
You'd think Pasta would be made for the shootout, but he seems to struggle with it.

Reactions: Emerz

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
5 out of 6 points the last 3 games is not ideal. Very disappointing. Winning in Washington and beating islanders getting a point on the road back to back against rangers is not what I call success . Let's can the coach.
Obviously time to pack it in and retool. lol

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
BRUINS are terrible in shoot outs. It magnifies how offensively challenged the big majority of this team is. As someone on the game post mentioned, it's amazing the job Cassidy has done with so little.

LouisSleigher

Jul 6, 2013
SW Ohio
Anybody else almost ready to end the Frederic experiment? Cassidy obviously does not even trust having him out there as he plays only 9 mins per night. In the last 4 games, he has one shot on goal. Hardly even any shot attempts; he barely touches the puck. Only saving grace is he has been good on faceoffs.

Reactions: AlpineLager

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
When is the last time the Bs had a third line this impotent offensively? Serious question. The bottom two lines are the worst offensively in the NHL per 60 mins played. Do your damn job Don! This team is playing its ass off. Top 3 D corps in the NHL, elite goalie, best top line in the NHL. Keeping their heads above water. f***ing give them some help. Imagine what would happen with a scoring winger and a merely mediocre third line. It would be a huge difference maker in a league with so much parity.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I hate shootouts. It's a stupid way to decide a game, a skills competition. it might be just as entertaining for the fans to put the two best fighters on each team at Center ice and let them square off and whoever wins wins the game, same difference, it's just a different set of skills. Okay I'm done with my rant. Should have just let the game end in a tie.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
5 out of 6 points during this 3 in 4 night stretch can’t complain too much

They played the 2 heaviest teams in the league than tonight tired legs caught up to them in the 3rd

3rd most points in the Eastern Conference currently

2-0-3 no regulation losses since all star break

Keep racking up the boys points rest up

We got a easy 3 game homestand coming up where I want 5 points minimum

If they play like crap on this 3 game homestand than I’ll start to worry and be upset

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Anybody else almost ready to end the Frederic experiment? Cassidy obviously does not even trust having him out there as he plays only 9 mins per night. In the last 4 games, he has one shot on goal. Hardly even any shot attempts; he barely touches the puck. Only saving grace is he has been good on faceoffs.
Trade deadline isn't far off. It'd be insane if they didn't trade for a 3C.

Reactions: LouisSleigher

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
He is clearly in over his head right now. Time to bring JFK back

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
Charlie McVoy was 10 times the defenceman in his rookie season than he is right now. WTF has happened?

I think the coaching staff has meddled with his basic game skills too much. He is overthinking everything at this time. His rookie year, he was just playing instinctively. The kid needs to relax and let his game evolve naturally.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Four chances at winning the game after the Rangers miss their shots, which of the following players do you think statistically speaking gives you the best chance at winning the hockey game?

Heinen, McAvoy, DeBrusk or Bergeron?

I know which of the 4 I'd pick, I certainly wouldn't have not picked him at all.

Yeah yeah the shootouts a crap-shoot but I just don't think Cassidy gave his team the best chance at winning the game.

I get it. Not saying there’s not an argument for it. It’s just...there’s always that argument. Consistently. Whenever there is a shootout loss.

Reactions: Emerz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->