Post-Game Talk: GAME 54 - Bruins gift wrap 2 points to the Rangers - NYR 4 BRUINS 3 F/SO

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
The shot from the point by buchnevich should of been handled by Halak and if it was, there wouldn't of been no chance for a greasy goal by Chytil. That's a save that needs to be made with out allowing a rebound.

It was a point shot that wasn't deflected and was center of mass on Halak.

The shot NHBSN had at Halak's right behind Chytil showed the puck go right along his leg pad and past his skate, then off the right post, which Chytil then easily put into an open net. I don't think it was as clean of a shot as you are saying. Still looking for that video angle, however.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
The shot NHBSN had at Halak's right behind Chytil showed the puck go right along his leg pad and past his skate, then off the right post, which Chytil then easily put into an open net. I don't think it was as clean of a shot as you are saying. Still looking for that video angle, however.

This is not the view I want, but you can see better the initial shot hits Halak and redirects off the post, he does not stop it and give up a rebound. I think it glanced off him on the side. If that puck goes past the post Chytil goes after it behind the boards and no goal. If he had a Bruin near him they lift his stick and no goal. I just don't see what Halak could have done better there outside of being more to the right and absorbing the shot, however there were 3 players moving in front and he did not have time to do that.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
The shot from the point by buchnevich should of been handled by Halak and if it was, there wouldn't of been no chance for a greasy goal by Chytil. That's a save that needs to be made with out allowing a rebound.

It was a point shot that wasn't deflected and was center of mass on Halak.

Doesn't excuse the lack of anyone picking up Chytil. He's just standing alone without anyone bothering to take him. Pathetic defense.

Reactions: Pomee

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
will one rental make this team a cup Contender? I don't see it especially for a #1 pick. This team as is a playoff team and more than one player away from a cup contender stand pat DS

Reactions: BBruins

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Much like 2011, they probably need 2-3 added players to win it all. They definitely need two. Seems unlikely when looking at the cap space. The Backes money is killing them right now.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Much like 2011, they probably need 2-3 added players to win it all. They definitely need two. Seems unlikely when looking at the cap space. The Backes money is killing them right now.

Yes they do and no it isn’t

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
“Cehlarik I was told that in Providence he was very good, so we gave him a look.” Cassidy
So the coach decided to see how Cehlarik looked in the shootout during the game and not in practice, I am losing confidence in this guy
How in the hell do you know he never seen him in practice. Do you think when they do shootouts in practice that when Cehlarik goes Cassidy closes his eyes. Doing a shootout in a game situation is a bit different than practice, little different having 18,000 watching you than just your teammates, especially for the young players. Shootout is a gimmick, roll the dice.

Reactions: Pomee

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
yeah total horse ****.

Love the ribbing in the office today.

Plenty of Donnie Do Nothing's but the best one was why didn't we use Barzal and Connor in the shootout. Bruins 1-7-2 last 10 vs the garbage Rangers,

Damn that record is heading towards Caps territory :mad:

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
yeah total horse ****.

Love the ribbing in the office today.

Plenty of Donnie Do Nothing's but the best one was why didn't we use Barzal and Connor in the shootout. Bruins 1-7-2 last 10 vs the garbage Rangers,

I’m impressed that you work with people that knowledgeable about hockey

Virtually none of the “die hard” Rangers (or Isles) fans I’ve worked with or gone to school with seem to know shit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->