Post-Game Talk: GAME 51 - #$@&%*!#$@&%*! Flyers 3 BRUINS 2 F/OT

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I know it’s hockey and I know “anything can happen” in the playoffs, but it feels like Tampa is the immovable object standing in their way no matter what they do.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
4-3-3 in our last 10 games... obviously the worst hockey of the season

and... ???

what???

4-3-3... 11 points?

Toronto? 8 points in last 10 games... holy crap they are running rings around u ummm.. around... us? wait... what? what?

ok but buffalo can pass us and we will miss playoffs... wait... 8 points too? what? what?

ok but montreal is going sky rockets... they got... what? only 12 points? 1 different point? they are playing great and we are sucking and they got 1 extra point in the past 10 games?

what?
no... this cant be… reality sucks when we are trying to say the sky is falling...
I want to complain we suck compared to everyone else. everyone else is better
I want to say it... why is there no evidence to back that up? why?

btw penguins 10 points… Washington 8... Columbus 8

sorry people... hate raining on a parade
Good post , I didn't realize that. Still doesn't negate the the fact that this team is so arrogant that they think they are the Bolts! They continue to make bad passes, bad pinches, and bad decisions from the Coach on down. They refuse to learn from mistakes and the coach does not hold anyone accountable except rookies and Moore. GM needs to bring in someone with some give a crap and willing to actually hit someone.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
I mean... Cassidy has tried to give Pasta to Krejci but it just doesn't seem to work and then we end up with 4 lines that can't score.

Or at least that's what has happened the last few games he's tried it.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT

Limping along. Bruce Cassidy is a offensive coach. He doesn’t seem to be focused on what matters. Deflecting.

Yes, the D getting pucks through is a factor. But it’s down there on the list.

We’ve seen Cassidy do this before...at the beginning of last year...play focused D...limp by. It was bad.

It’s important to fill basic needs...now...but equally important is Cassidy to wake up and shove all-in to get the offense going.

This focused D statement, either serves some strange purpose or is delusional.

“It’s the offense, stupid.”

You should be railing on pulling out the stops, not putting more on.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Hard to argue this. I know that draft gets mixed reactions amongst alot of us in hindsight, but dammit, it's hard not to look at the production from guys like Barzal, Boeser, Chabot et al and ponder, why not us?

shhhhh we're are not allowed to revisit dumb things from the past. Only look forward not back. With that said we should all immediately get off this thread now. Can't look back at stuff. :naughty:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
This is very true.

That’s what, despite the fact that I’m frustrated watching this team, I’ll be the first to admit that they’re right there in the mix with just about everyone else.

It would take a collapse to DNQ for the playoffs.

But do they have a shot at doing some damage?

tampa looks pretty damn awesome... no one beats them. still possible they self destruct, but we could make 15 trades and not be the favorite against them

but that said... is that a reason to roll over and play dead? when we won our cup were we the heavy favorites? I remember other years we were the heavy favorites. the heavy favorite doesn't always win.

an 8 seed LA team won a cup... who was betting on them? vegas went to the finals last year... who was betting on them? Nashville was all but handed the cup last year.

Washington went down 0-2 to Columbus in first round last year and people were calling Ovechkin the biggest choker in modern nhl history

in 2011 as game 7 played out in first round our gdt was screaming with calls to fire Julien and maybe charelli too.

ive been around long enough to say... playoffs are often a crap shoot. I predict a winner every year and I get it right around 20% of the time

it seems based on las vegas making money from gambling... not many people are more accurate than I am.

id bet against boston beating tampa this year... but serve me montreal/and or Toronto and im giving odds we move into the next round.

let montreal finish 3rd... Toronto fall to the wild card...

we knock off montreal round 1
Toronto round 2 {they shock tampa in a shootout when the goalie gets hurts
and then who in round 3? Pittsburgh? we own their head space too

is this impossible... what I just said? if we get the right mix of teams... can we go to the finals?

if Calgary comes out of west they have no experience... big game nerves might get to them... their Cinderella goalie might falter...

I wouldn't bet on this happening... but I say its possible.

lets make the trade we need and try to get our boys focused. maybe deal one of the dmen because I think sitting one is effecting the team moral/chemistry. 7 nhl quality dmen of this pedigree is one too many

Reactions: Orr Fourever

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
If we make the playoffs and we should...if Sweeney makes another Nash type deal...I hope he gets fired on the spot.
If he's going make that useless type of deal don't make any ...it's insulting

Reactions: Blowfish

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

giphy-22.gif

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Cassidy can blame the D all he wants but he gets a share of the blame. WTF was with benching Cehlarik & putting Heinen out for Krejci's last 2 shifts? Cehlarik has been dangerous and Heinen hasn't done anything in a long time to make me think he's gonna pot one on that situation. Sure enough he whiffed on a wide open net when he shouldn't have even been out there.

Not sure why Debrusk continues to get the free ride but I agree. Heinen at that point in the game was very questionable.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Cassidy can blame the D all he wants but he gets a share of the blame. WTF was with benching Cehlarik & putting Heinen out for Krejci's last 2 shifts? Cehlarik has been dangerous and Heinen hasn't done anything in a long time to make me think he's gonna pot one on that situation. Sure enough he whiffed on a wide open net when he shouldn't have even been out there.

In the second period he had Kuraly instead of Cehlarik with Krejci and DeBrusk to close the period. I guess Cassidy thought Heinen could be the difference maker in this game. And he proved himself right. Heinen was the difference maker. Just how not to win the game in regulation.

Reactions: Pomee and Blowfish

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
They can be beat but not by this Bruins team as is.
Does dealing next year’s first for Nash 2.0 put Boston over the top?

Does it improve their odds? Do they go from a 30% chance against TB to 35? 40?

Just spitballing.

Does Sweeney “owe it” to the guys in the locker room to make that deal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad