Post-Game Talk: GAME 51 - #$@&%*!#$@&%*! Flyers 3 BRUINS 2 F/OT

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
This team has made me feel a mixture of sick to my stomach and indifference since that ****ing Hurricanes game before Christmas.

Part of me wants to see a hockey trade just to shake things up and send a message.

Part of me wants them to retreat and sell what they can to retool.

Part of me says they’ve got a puncher’s chance if they can get hot, but then I wonder what the ceiling is.

What can I say, I’m a complicated person.

Just a poorly constructed roster. Sweeney did nothing this offseason to address the team’s needs. He banked on the continued development of the young players on this team and they’ve taken a step back.
This^^^ * 10

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I can assure you DS is not going to punt...we learned that...he’s got a stone cold playoff mandate. For better or worse.

Personally, I think tonight was a good thing moving forward. It’s one of those glaring games that shouts things are not okay, and they won’t be unless action is taken. Everyday DS doesn’t take action, is a day closer to failure and actively bringing it closer.

“But you just can’t make a trade at this point in the season.”

Funny, Toronto just did what they need to do.

You don’t have to grasp at the shiny object, Panarin, you do need to start addressing holes. Immediately.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Carlo with 1 goal out there with Krug over Pastrnak with 30 goals and both tonite and we wonder why this team cannot win games like this.:loony: Cassidy as usual will blame players.
I guess the strategy is to stop the flyers top guys but I would take Pasta against them 100 times out of 100...I like Cassidy but that is just dumb

Reactions: Cam14b

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
so much to hate about that ot.
once again our best scorer didnt see the ice in ot.
penalty by marchand.
horrible pass by nordstrom to a wide open carlo.
and a soft goal by rask.
so ugly

Reactions: BBruins

bwdrums1

Dec 14, 2017
For all his OT winners. I have to believe that Marchand has cost us just as many with his boneheaded laziness and stupid plays in OT....
You might be onto something with that. All the way to the box he's chirping (I assume to the refs). Shut the eff up, you nitwit, it couldn't have been any more of a penalty.

Reactions: BMC and Cam14b

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
The Bs had a few good looks, but it was more of the same ol same ol -- take plenty of shots with no chance of going in, and give heavy minutes to a line that has very little chance of generating offense. I think there is definitely talent beyond the first line. Seems like other teams have adjusted to the Bs since last season. The first line and PP are dangerous because the first line guys are just that awesome, so they will score goals. Beyond that the Bs are very predictable, stale, and taking the same old low-pct shots. When you look at the incredible number of points left on the table against bad teams this season it's staggering. Not sure the players are being put in the best position to be successful by the coaching staff.

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad