Post-Game Talk: GAME 51 - #$@&%*!#$@&%*! Flyers 3 BRUINS 2 F/OT

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
This is very true.

That’s what, despite the fact that I’m frustrated watching this team, I’ll be the first to admit that they’re right there in the mix with just about everyone else.

It would take a collapse to DNQ for the playoffs.

But do they have a shot at doing some damage?

This team has two big holes, if Sweeney is unable to get another scoring winger they will not survive first round.

Reactions: Strafer

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
He should of been on edge of boards when Pasta cut to the centre and got tripped.Might have got a call later but instead he stands there smirking and never says boo.Show some emotion behind the bench instead of only in front of cameras berating your players but never accepting any blame yourself.Carlo and Krug in OT.You had Krug so was no need for Carlo and his 1 goal.Its O T so go for it but he must been playing for shoot out. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Wasn't this one of the complaints about him and the job he did in Washington??

Reactions: Estlin

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
OT in hockey is not like football where we know which team is getting the ball first.

Yet here we have a coach who panics when he sees the opponent start its best offensive players and the Bruins start their prevent defence.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Yeah this is on Sweeney.

He banked on his prospects all taking a step forward. They took a step back.

I think he knew the team wasnt good enough considering he was looking at Tavares and Kovalchuk. He also thought he could bring Rick Nash back.

It didn't work and now were a mediocre bubble team.

It can be fixed but probably not enough to match Tampa. What to so...

I need his attempt fill the hole by third liners at best he has actually diminished their value across the NHL.

If they had the secondary scoring they could allow the third line prospects to play their role.

As it’s stands today...

I don’t see a single top six prospect in the system.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Cassidy can blame the D all he wants but he gets a share of the blame. WTF was with benching Cehlarik & putting Heinen out for Krejci's last 2 shifts? Cehlarik has been dangerous and Heinen hasn't done anything in a long time to make me think he's gonna pot one on that situation. Sure enough he whiffed on a wide open net when he shouldn't have even been out there.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
Yeah this is on Sweeney.

He banked on his prospects all taking a step forward. They took a step back.

I think he knew the team wasnt good enough considering he was looking at Tavares and Kovalchuk. He also thought he could bring Rick Nash back.

It didn't work and now were a mediocre bubble team.

It can be fixed but probably not enough to match Tampa. What to so...

Easy: no rentals. You want to improve, fine, get a player with terms now and do something in free agency.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I was a Cassidy fan but this is what I think many of us are seeing now.
You call it blame. I call it holding people accountable.

This is a bubble team, given the current talent on our roster.

Stand pat and retool over the summer......

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
@Fenway, are you hearing anything in terms of expectations with this team as far as the front office?

Considering last year’s results, is the expectation to take another step, or have they plateaued?

Reactions: BMC

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Cassidy can blame the D all he wants but he gets a share of the blame. WTF was with benching Cehlarik & putting Heinen out for Krejci's last 2 shifts? Cehlarik has been dangerous and Heinen hasn't done anything in a long time to make me think he's gonna pot one on that situation. Sure enough he whiffed on a wide open net when he shouldn't have even been out there.
and he still hasnt broken up that first line. the guy is insane. the one line thing isnt working this year.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
4-3-3 in our last 10 games... obviously the worst hockey of the season

and... ???

what???

4-3-3... 11 points?

Toronto? 8 points in last 10 games... holy crap they are running rings around u ummm.. around... us? wait... what? what?

ok but buffalo can pass us and we will miss playoffs... wait... 8 points too? what? what?

ok but montreal is going sky rockets... they got... what? only 12 points? 1 different point? they are playing great and we are sucking and they got 1 extra point in the past 10 games?

what?
no... this cant be… reality sucks when we are trying to say the sky is falling...
I want to complain we suck compared to everyone else. everyone else is better
I want to say it... why is there no evidence to back that up? why?

btw penguins 10 points… Washington 8... Columbus 8

sorry people... hate raining on a parade

Alberta , you've provided I suppose stats that should lessen the fans concerns however Do you think the Bruins are a sure playoff team?
And if you do how far can a team go with one scoring line ....that's imo is the stat that counts other stats again imho only serve to maybe mask the realities of the team

Reactions: Strafer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad