GDT: Game #5 | Philadelphia Flyers @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:00 PM EST | FS-D ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
Players that are never sat no matter how bad they play.

Quincey, Mule, #71

Really disappointed about the sitting of Smith. He needs to play. He's not the reason the Wings can score at ES or the PP. If anything, he adds an offensive element to the Wings D. Has made some real nice plays just hasn't finished. Lashoff has zero offensive capability. Slow, soft and heavy.

And according to Babcock were not losing games because we can't score it's because ere not playing heavy

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Tomas Tatar also is out for the fourth time in five games.

Babcock declined to say why Tatar isn’t playing.

“He’s a good scorer and we need goals, so why isn’t he in?’’ Babcock said. “I ask myself the same question.’’
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is our head coach....

What the hell? What so you even say to that? I mean am I crazy to think he is purposely trolling us at this point? Is he bored and just riding out his contract? Serious,to those that aren't questioning him. What is this ****? Really?

RedWingsNow*

Agreed. I'm not a fan of this on the surface, but I think it reeks of attitude or pre-game issues.

Coach with a track record of being an idiot when it comes to undersized offensive players --- so lets cast aspersion on the kid.

Let's fire up the Tomas Tatar Attitude Train.

RedWingsNow*

What the hell? What so you even say to that? I mean am I crazy to think he is purposely trolling us at this point? Is he bored and just riding out his contract? Serious,to those that aren't questioning him. What is this ****? Really?

Giving Babcock the benefit of the doubt -- Babcock could be lighting a fire under the ***** of veterans.

RedWingsNow*

Could any of you guys get a read on what Babcock is trying to say about "asking himself the same question" about Tatar's ability to score.

Helene St. James posted the video on her twitter:

http://t.co/b98ToUwulk

Honestly --
What kind of ****ing reporter leaves that there.

"I ask myself the same question."

Click. That's a wrap. Thanks Mike.

How about ---
"What's your answer?"

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
the fact is neither Babs nor Holland are very driven at the moment

both have decent track records but both ahve been in their current position too long, have become stale and stagnant

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Giving Babcock the benefit of the doubt -- Babcock could be lighting a fire under the ***** of veterans.

How does that quote and holding out Tatar and Smith light a fire, though? Wouldn't benching an actual deserving veteran such as Muletard be more effective?

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
Babcock is a freakin idiot. What did he expect Tatar to do in a game situation playing on the 4th line with Emmerton and Samuelsson. Good grief.

RedWingsNow*

How does that quote and holding out Tatar and Smith light a fire, though? Wouldn't benching an actual deserving veteran such as Muletard be more effective?

I think it could be taken as a final warning to a Bertuzzi or Cleary or Franzen or Alfredsson.

I've got this kid who scores goals. We need goals. If you're not scoring them...

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Suuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee........

His words say one thing, his actions say another.

His moves so far are to move Abby down to the second line, scratch Smith who for all his mistakes still has some offensive instinct, insert Lashoff who might have less offensive sense than Abby, and keeps Tatar scratched.

Does that seem like a coach that's trying to spark some scoring?

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Babcock is a freakin idiot. What did he expect Tatar to do in a game situation playing on the 4th line with Emmerton and Samuelsson. Good grief.

We live in a world where freaking idiots can win the memorial cup, olympic gold medals, world championships, and Stanley Cup championships all in the same career apparently...

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
I think it could be taken as a final warning to a Bertuzzi or Cleary or Franzen or Alfredsson.

I've got this kid who scores goals. We need goals. If you're not scoring them...

I could see this being the other way of looking at Babcock's quote.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I haven't being paying much attention to post-game quotes. But what has Z been saying? It would be nice to hear him take some shots at Babcock's lineups and allegation of playing time. Isn't it rumored that he doesn't like Babcock?

RedWingsNow*

As disgusted as I am in Babcock and Holland.
Our lineup SHOULD be better tonight.
1) Abdelkader stops weighing down line 1. Bertuzzi is a much better option there.
2) Glendening-Tootoo gives the 4th line some purpose, compared to Emmerton-Samuelsson.

But it's really disappointing that Tatar can't crack this lineup.
He comes in as a 10-minute guy in 4RW with a bunch of scrubs and it helps nobody.
Evidently, he's going to have to win a job from Cleary or Bertuzzi. And having Abby in the top 9 just makes things even harder

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Coach with a track record of being an idiot when it comes to undersized offensive players --- so lets cast aspersion on the kid.

Let's fire up the Tomas Tatar Attitude Train.

Where there's smoke. Not like Hudler didn't have the same attitude questions when he was in GR.

RedWingsNow*

I haven't being paying much attention to post-game quotes. But what has Z been saying? It would be nice to hear him take some shots at Babcock's lineups and allegation of playing time. Isn't it rumored that he doesn't like Babcock?

I remember something about that a couple years ago. But I've never read/heard anything I put any stock in.
From someone I know close to the team, Flip and Franzen hate Babcock. Flip is gone.

RedWingsNow*

Nope, just trying to make sense of the situation, not defending Babcock. I've said all along he should play and it's dumb that he isn't. Not sure if you're actually reading my posts though.

You're assigning attitude problems to a kid for no good reason.

We know that Babcock likes "heavy players." We know that Sub-6 footers have a tough time breaking in with Babcock.

But you defend Babcock's idiocy by casting aspersions on Tatar's character.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
You're assigning attitude problems to a kid for no good reason.

We know that Babcock likes "heavy players." We know that Sub-6 footers have a tough time breaking in with Babcock.

But you defend Babcock's idiocy by casting aspersions on Tatar's character.

I'm not defending anything, he should be playing, Babcock is making a bad decision by not putting him in a good position. But Tatar had questions last year in GR, his coach and teammates commented on it in an indirect way. So that could be a possibility, not sure there's anything really squashing those rumors either, so believe he's an angel and doing everything perfect if you want, your choice.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I'm not defending anything, he should be playing, Babcock is making a bad decision by not putting him in a good position. But Tatar had questions last year in GR, his coach and teammates commented on it in an indirect way. So that could be a possibility, not sure there's anything really squashing those rumors either, so believe he's an angel and doing everything perfect if you want, your choice.

I think you just don't hate Babcock enough.

Though I don't hate him enough, either. That quote sounds like a direct shot at Tatar over something going on that we're not seeing.

RedWingsNow*

I have no idea why you need to reduce everything to oversimplified binary choices (believe he's an angel or believe he has a bad attitude) ...

But it's really unrealistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad