GDT: Game #5 | Philadelphia Flyers @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:00 PM EST | FS-D ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
This guy is off his ****ing rocker.

Is there any way we could legally make a trade with Anaheim to exchange team names?

rights to the Mighty Ducks + a 1st round pick in exchange for the rights to the Red Wings???

I mean..... we might as well.

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
Franzen-Pav-Alfie
Hank-Weiss-Tatar
Cleary-Andy-Abby
Bert-Glendening-Tootoo

I could live with that...first 2 are solid, and switching Tatar and Abby I'd still be okay with it

Or

Z-Pav-Franzen
Alfie-Weiss-Tatar
Cleary-Andy-Abby
Bert-Glendening-Tootoo

^If you want Z and Pav together

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
gregg krupa ‏@greggkrupa 1m
asked about tatar, babcock said, you mean why is a guy who scores goals not in when we need goals? "good question." and he left it there.

Um ya.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Why are people surprised about these lines? Didn't we have a huge thread yesterday that said that these were the exact lines?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
At least he's openly admitting he's 100% committed to BS, defensive, grinder hockey.

Now we know Tatar or Nyquist won't play anytime soon, so we don't need to be disappointed when they don't play this year.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Why are people surprised about these lines? Didn't we have a huge thread yesterday that said that these were the exact lines?

Yes. In fact, it's only a couple threads down on the page. People are acting like Khan didn't post these yesterday.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I can handle Samuelsson
I can barely handle Abdelkader being in the top 6
I can barely handle Dan Cleary being on the roster

But Brian Lashoff is where I draw the line. :laugh:

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
At this point. I think Mitch Callahan or Tyler Bertuzzi have as good of if not better chance of cracking the lineup than Gustavo.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'm very much in favor of Laviolette or Blashill at this point.

Past accomplishments and wins are cool and all. But you just can't sacrifice player development like this organization is doing right now. It's just sweeping dirt under the rug.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
So do I. But I have a feeling Quincey - Lashoff is going to be a trainwreck tonight.

safe bet. I have a feeling no-skill Abby and no-hustle Franzen aren't going to fare much better on the same line.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I'm very much in favor of Laviolette or Blashill at this point.

Past accomplishments and wins are cool and all. But you just can't sacrifice player development like this organization is doing right now. It's just sweeping dirt under the rug.
I find myself hoping the Wings lose, honestly. It makes me feel dirty, but I think it's the only way this organization will make the changes it needs. Not just with Babcock either, but all over.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Too bad XO isn't up, but I agree with Smith sitting.

If Smith is sitting Franzen should also be sitting but since one is a veteran and the other is a sophomore we won't see it happen.

I'd like to see our team treat all players equally for once but we know that won't happen. I'm kind of hopping for a nice 6-1 loss tonight or something bigger maybe. There's no way that they can thing that by putting one of our best forwards in the playoffs last year in the AHL that we are icing the best possible team. Even my casual fan friends who barely know prospects or other teams players are wondering why that Nyquist guy is in the AHL & that they would gladly play him on their teams.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
If Smith is sitting Franzen should also be sitting but since one is a veteran and the other is a sophomore we won't see it happen.

I'd like to see our team treat all players equally for once but we know that won't happen. I'm kind of hopping for a nice 6-1 loss tonight or something bigger maybe. There's no way that they can thing that by putting one of our best forwards in the playoffs last year in the AHL that we are icing the best possible team. Even my casual fan friends who barely know prospects or other teams players are wondering why that Nyquist guy is in the AHL & that they would gladly play him on their teams.

No team treats kids and veterans exactly the same, it's a nice idea, but that's not how professional sports work. Franzen should've been benched a few times in his career, but the thing he had going is there weren't any other real options.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
That second line combination is really bad and sitting Smith for Lashoff is also a really bad idea. Even despite all that you guys probably win for a lot of different reasons.

The two teams are pretty comparable across the board in a lot of stats, but I couldn't help but laugh at Philly having 20.8 PIM per game and Detroit having 8.5.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
No team treats kids and veterans exactly the same, it's a nice idea, but that's not how professional sports work. Franzen should've been benched a few times in his career, but the thing he had going is there weren't any other real options.

I don't think anyone should be safe from benching when they turn in the kind of effort Franzen put forth the other night. That's a bit of a cop-out Heaton. If Ovechkin got benched, I think Franzen could too.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Cleary has already been promoted to the top six
Lashoff is in the lineup
Gator was slotted into the second line to "boost" it.

And we still have 78 games left to go.

Hey alcohol, GET IN MY BELLY!!!!!!!!

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I don't think anyone should be safe from benching when they turn in the kind of effort Franzen put forth the other night. That's a bit of a cop-out Heaton. If Ovechkin got benched I think Franzen could too.

I agree with you but it's one of those idiotic things about professional sports in general. Veterans get more breaks and more job security for stupid reasons.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
That second line combination is really bad and sitting Smith for Lashoff is also a really bad idea. Even despite all that you guys probably win for a lot of different reasons.

The two teams are pretty comparable across the board in a lot of stats, but I couldn't help but laugh at Philly having 20.8 PIM per game and Detroit having 8.5.

If our PP worked, that might mean something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad