GDT: Game #5 | Philadelphia Flyers @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:00 PM EST | FS-D ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Is there really a big difference between the Wings 3rd and 4th line?

I'd argue that the 4th line has a bit more speed and grit.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Couldn't Newbury have slashed Cleary, instead of Tootoo?

Throw us a bone Kris. Help a former team out!

RedWingsNow*

Jimmy made a great save late and he also allowed a bad goal. Overall, it seemed like Howard was fighting the puck tonight.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I have no doubt about Howard. He is so meticulous, such a pro. I feel thankful to look back and see Howie guarding the net. I love the guy I don't know who I'd be as confident with.

Bertuzzi had an extra jump in his step (which is still 3/4 normal NHL speed) that was cool to see. I would keep him on top for next time and see if it works again. What the hell.

I'm proud of Kronvall right now. He got rewarded this game and has quietly asserted himself as the true leader of our D core and I'm satisfied with his steadiness.

Lets not get too pumped up by this win. Philly has problems and they made us look "real gud." I know Hartnell was out but their team is missing that edge up and swagger they've carried for the past few years. The Flyers lack chemistry, identity- all the buzz words possible floating around HF boards, they don't got it. I can picture Colburn with his shirt off, these guys need much better training/conditioning or they will be blown into smithereens.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
You were right. Bert was effective. I know last time my posts were directed at you in an angry manner related to Bert/ Boston.

My bad for my earlier post as well (Jman).

I still hate parts of the lineup. :(

Yea Bert did well, he can stay with
D n Z

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Weiss had to carry a 4th liner and lazy ass (pun intended) the whole game. He's never going to get in our good graces...

Gyldenlove

Jun 10, 2013
He hade a couple of mistakes I saw, but a good hustle here and there perhaps like on the EN

The one thing that stood out to me during that game was that when I heard the commentary team say "Dan Cleary" it wasn't immediately followed by one of these phrases:

... can't hold onto the puck
... loses the puck
... couldn't collect the pass
... gets checked off the puck
... misses the net
... turns the puck over

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The one thing that stood out to me during that game was that when I heard the commentary team say "Dan Cleary" it wasn't immediately followed by one of these phrases:

... can't hold onto the puck
... loses the puck
... couldn't collect the pass
... gets checked off the puck
... misses the net
... turns the puck over

Well, that's every game he plays,

When people say he had a "good game" it just means that he didn't play so bad that he completely embarrassed himself. Or for 1 game, he didn't look like an AHL forward out there.

It's all relative, really.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
I hate it...but Roy is looking like a hell of an NHL coach.

He will wear out his welcome sooner rather than later. It's also a long season, Colorado is going to come crashing down to earth

As for the game-

Bert is a better fit than Abby on the first line with Dats/Z, but this was obvious.

2nd and 3rd lines need to still be reworked. 2nd line was worse, but again, we went from Alfie to Abby, so of course it was worse. At this point, Franzen should be on the third line with Cleary and Andersson, put Alfie back on the 2nd line with Abby and Weiss.

4th line made sense, although didn't get alot of ice time.

Average game is good enough against a bad team and a goalie who was off.

Last edited:

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Weiss had to carry a 4th liner and lazy ass (pun intended) the whole game. He's never going to get in our good graces...

I thought both Weiss and Franzen skated hard out there, but it just hasn't been clicking for either of them.

Based on what I've seen it might prove to be better for both of them to get split up at some point.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
I thought both Weiss and Franzen skated hard out there, but it just hasn't been clicking for either of them.

Based on what I've seen it might prove to be better for both of them to get split up at some point.

huh.gif

There were just too many times I saw Franzen just give up on a play when just by trying he could've retrieved it or done something to counter a Philly player. He coughed up the puck and just literally (yes, I man literally) stood there. That happened at least twice if not more. And it wasn't at the end of shift or anything. I know he's not a fast skater who covers a lot of ice and gives 100% every shift. He has a pretty laid back "style" of play. But this a whole new level of lazy right here.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Detroit's power play looked good so I wasn't all that concerned about not having a PP goal before last night's game. So getting three of them was nice.

Of course Philly is terrible so it's tough to take much from the game. Pavs was ridiculous, good to have him back at the top of his game. Howie was awesome too.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I know he's not a fast skater who covers a lot of ice and gives 100% every shift. He has a pretty laid back "style" of play. But this a whole new level of lazy right here.

Am I just misremembering?

Didn't he used to be "fast enough?" I kinda remember him having some speed back in 2007-2009.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
huh.gif

There were just too many times I saw Franzen just give up on a play when just by trying he could've retrieved it or done something to counter a Philly player. He coughed up the puck and just literally (yes, I man literally) stood there. That happened at least twice if not more. And it wasn't at the end of shift or anything. I know he's not a fast skater who covers a lot of ice and gives 100% every shift. He has a pretty laid back "style" of play. But this a whole new level of lazy right here.

I had a low view of the action but I didn't see an instance of him doing anything the way you described it. Seems like a gross exaggeration.

RedWingsNow*

Franzen wasn't insulting against Philly.
He was simply not good.
Against Phoenix, he was insulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad