GDT: Game #5 | Philadelphia Flyers @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:00 PM EST | FS-D ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedWingsNow*

Tatar's problem with Babcock is that he's 5'10.
That's the track record.
Speculating about his attitude if irresponsible

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Tatar's problem with Babcock is that he's 5'10.
That's the track record.
Speculating about his attitude if irresponsible

Not really. You believe your rumors about Babcock, I can believe the ones about Tatar. But he's a 22 year old kid who is good enough to play, not surprised he's surly.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
The problem ones is what if Babs never plays him? Ya its early in the season and this is a worst case scenario but he really doesn't seem to like Tatar for whatever reasons (either size or bad attitide) Tatar is a Rfa and doesn't have many options but say he says well screw it I wanna at least play hockey so khl here I go

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Chip39

Apr 19, 2013
Wait. So the coach plays the players he wants to play? Is that what favorites are?

Roy S

May 16, 2009
Except he probably thinks Z and D play "heavy." He's talking about being hard on the puck, going to the hard areas of the ice, driving the net, etc. He's not just talking about someone's height and weight.

RedWingsNow*

Not really. You believe your rumors about Babcock, I can believe the ones about Tatar. But he's a 22 year old kid who is good enough to play, not surprised he's surly.

My "rumors" aren't about Babcock.
They're about Flip and Franzen.

And they aren't negative. If Babcock got on Franzen so bad that Franzen hated him, is that negative?

No. It's quite understandable. It's not saying anything that puts Babcock or Franzen in a negative light.

You, on the otherhand, are spreading BS about a player having a bad attitude.

RedWingsNow*

Except he probably thinks Z and D play "heavy." He's talking about being hard on the puck, going to the hard areas of the ice, driving the net, etc. He's not just talking about someone's height and weight.

Thank ****ing god Babcock wasn't the coach in 2002 and 2003 when we were developing these guys.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Height/Weight.

Your Boy Babcock reduced our poor play to not playing "heavy."

That's your boy. \

And I've been critical of him this entire preseason. It is possible to be critical without using the word idiot.

Anyway, it's obvious Babcock isn't doing a good job, they're not winning. Kinda hard to support him when they're playing that bad.

Last edited:

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
And I've been critical of him this entire preseason. It is possible to be critical without using the word idiot.

Anyway, it's obvious Babcock isn't doing a good job, they're not winning. Kinda hard to support him when they're playing that bad.

I think it's only minor more or less tweaks we need to make too

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
Here's another gem from Babcock, he's on a roll today.

Babcock on Glendening

Good to know undrafted Glendening gets a nice long leash to develop in the NHL :laugh:

Favorites much??

www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/10/grand_rapids_native_luke_glend.html

I'm happy for Glendening, but really... Babcock is such an idiot ass. Tatar doesn't score? BACK TO THE PRESS BOX! Glendening gets lit up? No biggie, that's going to happen to anyone when entering the league.

I think we have ourselves a mini-Cleary in the making.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I should say that I like playing Glendening over Emmerton, and I like how a 4th line Miller-Glendening-Tootoo actually serves a purpose. All 3 are decent skaters, have some grit, and will do well forechecking.

That being said. I can't stand the unlevel playing field for these kids. Lashoff can go out there and stink it up, and almost cost us a playoff serires, but he gets multiple games at a time.

Tatar gets 1 game with no time, then goes right back in the press box.

If Kindl literally used to make 1 turnover, he would get benched the rest of that game, and not play the next game.

It's like he has some kind of bitter resentment towards skilled players. But guys with absolutely no skill, he'll give a nice long leash to.

da fuq????

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Wait. So the coach plays the players he wants to play? Is that what favorites are?

Yes. When notions of fairness, performance, accountability go out the window, and the coach plays just who he wants to play, that is called "playing favorites."

And it's not good.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I should say that I like playing Glendening over Emmerton, and I like how a 4th line Miller-Glendening-Tootoo actually serves a purpose. All 3 are decent skaters, have some grit, and will do well forechecking.

That being said. I can't stand the unlevel playing field for these kids. Lashoff can go out there and stink it up, and almost cost us a playoff serires, but he gets multiple games at a time.

If Kindl literally used to make 1 turnover, he would get benched the rest of that game, and not play the next game.

It's like he has some kind of bitter resentment towards skilled players. But guys with absolutely no skill, he'll give a nice long leash to.

da fuq????

I agree with your assessment of babs style. Tatar should just ask to be traded, ruining the guy's career

RedWingsNow*

da fuq????

Like I've been saying. Babcock is the modern Don Cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad