Post-Game Talk: GAME 48 - Brad wins it in OT - BRUINS 3 Ottawa 2 F/OT

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
While playing a complete game, as Pasta floats around and gets celebrated for his goal scoring as if he's blowing the league away in that department,

Brad has totally fooled me this season, what a player he is.

3rd in the league in points, 4th in goals, leads the team in points by 22. On pace for 53 goals and 118 points ( which would be a career high ).

Pasta is doing his job out there.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
the NHL told the teams before the season started that coaches have to lay off the refs and warned them that refs will be looking to call penalties for coaches that complain too loudly/too much. Remember, Monty got called for a penalty earlier in the year for complaining to officials and Marchand did as well a game or two later.

Opinion or fact?

Reactions: Kegs

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
and doing it well.

I feel sorry for fans that cannot see this.

That's the thing, the guy gets 1-2 pts a game and honestly you live with the rest easily.

I think he may also be pacing himself for the playoffs. It's a long season and he's sometimes looked gased in game 83.

I think it's cool that they have him talking to the refs in tough spots. Leadership fits him well.

My only thing is Jake HAS to move his feet. So Jake can't follow Pasta's lead there. He's gotta be north-south motor moving to be his own player. Pasta's shot means he doesn't need to.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Btw I think maybe some fans just wonder something like

"imagine what a Pasta with more of a motor might look like"

I think it's an interesting dream. But I don't think you dump on him for that. It's just a dream. Like what would Carlo look like with Tom Wilson snarl? It's just what if's. I don't mind when it's respectful. I do mind when it's degrading, because Pasta is our savior.

You can see that Pasta's stick play is directly a result of his feet. THAT in the playoffs you want gone. And it will be, I trust him.

Reactions: lopey

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
the NHL told the teams before the season started that coaches have to lay off the refs and warned them that refs will be looking to call penalties for coaches that complain too loudly/too much. Remember, Monty got called for a penalty earlier in the year for complaining to officials and Marchand did as well a game or two later.
Heaven forbid the NHL train better officials.

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
Heaven forbid the NHL train better officials.
I hear ya! Only in sports reffing and weather forecasting can you be so horribly wrong so often, and you still get defended to the ends of the earth. The NBA is even worse - can them out for doing a bad job in any way and it can cost you a 25k fine or more. What kind of memo gets sent around to teams regarding this?

"Our refs are powderpuffs and cannot take criticism in even the smallest increments. We will fine you heavily if you insult them in any way. We can't afford for these flowers to wilt."

Likely something to that effect.

Reactions: Gordoff and lopey

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
3rd in the league in points, 4th in goals, leads the team in points by 22. On pace for 53 goals and 118 points ( which would be a career high ).

Pasta is doing his job out there.

There is more to winning than putting up points, plus at 11.5 million he better be leading the team in scoring,

Just I quick thought on the Refs and embellishment calls. I believe the NHL screwed up on the embellishment call from day one by calling both players. If they real wanted to get rid of diving they should have just called the dive plus fines.
Or not call the guy that committed the "penalty " to begin with. Send off the embellisher only.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Players are not allowed to have a bad day at work apparently
yeah...even when they are scoring goals. Some fans with bitch about anything...it is sad.

That's the thing, the guy gets 1-2 pts a game and honestly you live with the rest easily.

I think he may also be pacing himself for the playoffs. It's a long season and he's sometimes looked gased in game 83.

I think it's cool that they have him talking to the refs in tough spots. Leadership fits him well.

My only thing is Jake HAS to move his feet. So Jake can't follow Pasta's lead there. He's gotta be north-south motor moving to be his own player. Pasta's shot means he doesn't need to.
Plus...Pasta often gets hit more than other players because he is so good. If fans don't think he is hurting at times they are fools.

Pasta has really developed into a leader. He talks to stripes, players and sets up plays.

Jake is a very different Player than Pasta.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
yeah...even when they are scoring goals. Some fans with bitch about anything...it is sad.

Plus...Pasta often gets hit more than other players because he is so good. If fans don't think he is hurting at times they are fools.

Pasta has really developed into a leader. He talks to stripes, players and sets up plays.

Jake is a very different Player than Pasta.

I pointed out that Florida was grinding on him with purpose and that we needed to do that to Tkachuk, and people said I was nuts and we just had to beat them on the scoreboard.

But this strategy of (legally) grinding on stars definitely tires them out. No question. WIth Bergy gone now, #88 is going to take even more of the grinding.

Reactions: Gordoff and Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I pointed out that Florida was grinding on him with purpose and that we needed to do that to Tkachuk, and people said I was nuts and we just had to beat them on the scoreboard.

But this strategy of (legally) grinding on stars definitely tires them out. No question. WIth Bergy gone now, #88 is going to take even more of the grinding.
I was happy they won for you. I hope you had a blast at the game!

PeanutButter37

Feb 20, 2015
There is more to winning than putting up points, plus at 11.5 million he better be leading the team in scoring,

Or not call the guy that committed the "penalty " to begin with. Send off the embellisher only.

There are really 2 different scenarios though:
  1. No penalty occurred and the player embellished to attempt to draw a penalty
    1. Penalize the diver only with a nice fine on top
  2. Penalty occurred, but the player significantly embellished the penalty
    1. Call both for penalties and fine the diver
There's really no downside to constantly embellishing when the worst that can happen is you go to the box and teams remain even.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I`m not so sure, with the current personnel, the B`s have the ability to do that to opponents. The Panthers are a team full of players who play on the edge and with a chip on their shoulders, our B`s are, when it comes to playing with an edge, pretty soft as a whole IMO

Reactions: Gordoff and Ladyfan

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
There are really 2 different scenarios though:
  1. No penalty occurred and the player embellished to attempt to draw a penalty
    1. Penalize the diver only with a nice fine on top
  2. Penalty occurred, but the player significantly embellished the penalty
    1. Call both for penalties and fine the diver
There's really no downside to constantly embellishing when the worst that can happen is you go to the box and teams remain even.

Yeah, I am sure 1 has happened, but it happens so rarely that I sure don't remember a case where the dive was called with no matching call. I'd bet it is a very small percentage

Reactions: Gordoff

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I`m not so sure, with the current personnel, the B`s have the ability to do that to opponents. The Panthers are a team full of players who play on the edge and with a chip on their shoulders, our B`s are, when it comes to playing with an edge, pretty soft as a whole IMO

You don't think that Charlie, Carlo, Freddy, Wotherspoon, Marchy, Forbort, Steener, and a few others can finish checks on a star player? I think they definitely can. Just a matter of always finishing your hit. Doesn't need to be greasy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad