Post-Game Talk: GAME 48 - Brad wins it in OT - BRUINS 3 Ottawa 2 F/OT

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
Exactly the right thing to say, especially for a Captain - and I honestly believe he means it. Well done.

As Brick noted, one embellishment call would have likely ended all the flopping.
Beers and Sirott were having a similar talk about the embellishments that occurred on the Sens behalf.
They brought up the rule in the past when the NHL was going to fine and publicly call out the players in question.
They did for a little while, but it disappeared pretty quickly, not sure why, but it did.

Reactions: bruins19

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
A sickening display of diving and embellishment by the Ottawa Senators last night.

Shouldn't really be surprised considering there is a former Hab coach behind the bench. One who coached notorious diver and embellisher PK Subban.
Like to add what a p***y Chabot is...starts shit after his goal and then folds like a cheap chair as soon as Mac pops him.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
First of all, Monty DID open his mouth. In fact, he came out about 3-4min early before the 3rd period started to let the officiating crew know exactly how he felt about the job they were doing. The Ottawa radio crew actually mentioned it during their broadcast.

As for the NHL refereeing conspiracy theories, believe what you want. Tonight they were bad, no question. But the idea that there is some nefarious plot going on, gives this league way too much credit. The NHL couldn't pull that off, even if they wanted to.
I agree some refs are just incompetent. Those two are in that category. Not sure if they are green but they need some training

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
In all honesty as soon as Marchy scored he should have raced to the penalty box, got in it with as many other players you can get fit in and celebrate the win there.

With gambling so prevalent and promoted by the league there are so many questions of what's going on with the officiating which was horrible two years ago but now it's down right disgusting.
💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰

Oh and player safety, forget about it. There's no such thing in the league. Amongst other things, this League is quite gross.
Ricky Gervais should host the Player Awards ceremony so someone can reveal the underlined filth of this League.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Like to add what a p***y Chabot is...starts shit after his goal and then folds like a cheap chair as soon as Mac pops him.

That's a cowardly brand of hockey they got instilled over there. Even they way they play 5 on 5, just uber-conservative trapping it up all night because they have no offensive confidence at even strength. Goes hand in hand with their embellishment strategy begging for power plays.

Reactions: NDiesel and sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I am dreading the 9 day break starting Sunday.

Happy the team gets a well deserved rest, but it’s the NFL bye week too, chock in the middle of the dog days of winter.

At least the Celtics have a pretty full week to help me avoid having to watch HGTV with the much better half a few nights.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
that was a gutsy win.
Frederic has such a heavy shot. If he can keep getting looks like that, he can hit the 30 mark. I think it may be time to move him up a line. Guy is turning into a player.
Love Wotherspoons game. He makes some nice plays getting the puck up. Love his intensity. I would like to see him [paired with Carlo though. and get Lindholm with Mcavoy.
Also loved the play by play guy. It was so much better than listening to Jack. Could you imagine how whiney and annoying Jack wouldve been last nite???

Reactions: lopey

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I would honestly like for him to open his mouth, draw some attention to the bad refereeing. I know that's too much to ask these days.
EDIT: I don't put the bad reffing on him not "fighting back." It's a league wide problem. More coaches have to stand up and be counted but they're all afraid for their livelihoods, I get it, don't like it but I get it.

the NHL told the teams before the season started that coaches have to lay off the refs and warned them that refs will be looking to call penalties for coaches that complain too loudly/too much. Remember, Monty got called for a penalty earlier in the year for complaining to officials and Marchand did as well a game or two later.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
First of all, Monty DID open his mouth. In fact, he came out about 3-4min early before the 3rd period started to let the officiating crew know exactly how he felt about the job they were doing. The Ottawa radio crew actually mentioned it during their broadcast.

As for the NHL refereeing conspiracy theories, believe what you want. Tonight they were bad, no question. But the idea that there is some nefarious plot going on, gives this league way too much credit. The NHL couldn't pull that off, even if they wanted to.

If we go back and watch the 3rd period objectively, there were a number of instances that the B's could have been called for penalties. And Wotherspoon's cross-check was legit. So maybe Monty's little "discussion" paid off. Still didn't help the B's much as they were still outplayed by the lowly Sens in the 3rd period.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Notes from the CTC, what a game. I was just too tired after the drive home to post:

• Holy Bruins fan turnout. It's usually crazy in that building, but last night really impressed me. Had to be 4000+ Bruins fans. The Bruins chants were going.
  • Once Freddy figures out face-offs, look out. His ceiling sure looks like Coyle+ to me.
  • They'd definitely have #51 in the AHL right now if they could. Poor guy along the boards is just having a rough go of it, and with the Bruins chipping more pucks in that's going to be a struggle for him for a while.
  • Love me some Pasta, but he's definitely got some bored game 48 body language and I found he didn't move his feet well. But you just need that one snipe...
  • Hampus out to start OT was no accident. I thought he skated great all game.
  • I wouldn't judge much from the game because the flow of it was terrible with all the penalty calls. I haven't seen many games live reffed this poorly.
  • Swayman is already getting in the NHL's head and I love that. He's gonna be the #1 soon. They won't keep both for too much longer. At the draft?
  • Forbort take down was really impressive live. Holy strength.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
the NHL told the teams before the season started that coaches have to lay off the refs and warned them that refs will be looking to call penalties for coaches that complain too loudly/too much. Remember, Monty got called for a penalty earlier in the year for complaining to officials and Marchand did as well a game or two later.

The league should have started with acknowledging the truth of what a lot of coaches and players are complaining about and made efforts to upgrade the officiating. It's seems like its getting worse each season, or at least not getting better. The worst is the blatant disparity from game to game about what consitutes a penalty. The NHL is supposed to be cracking down on dangerous hits yet you will see bad hits go uncalled all the time, like Lindholm getting boarded in the Canes game right in front of the refs. That's just one example. There is plenty of room to allow for the refs being human and for some small differences in enforcement from guy to guy, yet have a consistent and generally fairly called game, but the state of things right now is awful and the league needs to address it. And this goes for all 32 teams (not just the Bs) because they all suffer from it at one time or another.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
If Marchy keeps this up, he's gonna pass Pasta in goals. Marchy is pretty much the only 'big, bad BRUIN left.
While playing a complete game, as Pasta floats around and gets celebrated for his goal scoring as if he's blowing the league away in that department,

Brad has totally fooled me this season, what a player he is.

Reactions: Gordoff

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
The league should have started with acknowledging the truth of what a lot of coaches and players are complaining about and made efforts to upgrade the officiating. It's seems like its getting worse each season, or at least not getting better. The worst is the blatant disparity from game to game about what consitutes a penalty. The NHL is supposed to be cracking down on dangerous hits yet you will see bad hits go uncalled all the time, like Lindholm getting boarded in the Canes game right in front of the refs. That's just one example. There is plenty of room to allow for the refs being human and for some small differences in enforcement from guy to guy, yet have a consistent and generally fairly called game, but the state of things right now is awful and the league needs to address it. And this goes for all 32 teams (not just the Bs) because they all suffer from it at one time or another.
I'm not sure if this still holds true but I read recently (maybe sometime last year?) that they were having a lot of troubles training and getting refs so they have had to promote guys who maybe don't have enough experience to ref at this level.

That being said I think it's horseshit that coaches and players can get penalized for rightly complaining about poor reffing, but these refs never have to answer or face punishment when they completely blow calls...I would love for them to make refs to do more post game interviews to answer for some of their calls or non-calls.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
While playing a complete game, as Pasta floats around and gets celebrated for his goal scoring as if he's blowing the league away in that department,

Brad has totally fooled me this season, what a player he is.
Brad does tend to turn the puck over quite a bit ,but with Brad it’s usually because he tries to do to much on his own ,where as with Pasta sometimes he’s just floating and being lazy.But I always say with Pasta he giveth and he taketh away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad