Post-Game Talk: GAME 48 - Brad wins it in OT - BRUINS 3 Ottawa 2 F/OT

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
I think Pasta has some nagging injury.Speculation of course. He hasn't looked like his usual self for a few games . He has the skill to be this good with a injury.
I know it wont happen but it would be good if he rested and missed the ASG .
I agree, maybe I am reading into it too much but he often looks like he is grimacing after a shift or stoppage, not his normal energy you see from him during downtime on the ice.

Reactions: Gordoff and Ladyfan

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
If they had our culture and coaching they'd be scary...
And 10 of our players. They have a long way to go to be even at the same level as the Bruins never mind better.

When they get relevant half their current roster will most likely have moved on (sens)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Monty not happy

I’m sure the Bruins elevated this

These refs were clearly given an assignment what to watch for on the Bruins

You take the same game and put it in Boston Garden 1970’s and it would have never been completed

The Bruins have been and are again one of most penalized teams in the league when they are borderline soft - some would say are.

They are a gentlemanly team

They rarely hit, they are usually ahead and very structured & disciplined

It makes no sense

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
And 10 of our players. They have a long way to go to be even at the same level as the Bruins never mind better.

When they get relevant half their current roster will most likely have moved on (sens)
Ottawa much more talented then Bruins
Stutzle
Norris
Tkachuk
Batherson
Giroux
Tarasenko
Grieg
Chabot
Sanderson
Chychrun

The Bruins are 1/3rd free agents Donny grabbed at the Dollar Tree

Geekie
JVR
Heinen
Freddy (everyone hates him and the poll thought he was overpaid at 2.2 M)

Zacha dumped for Haula

DeBrusk hated here - go read the comments from all the HF tough guys on his thread

Coyle - Sweeney worst contract as of September on HF (it’s here)

Steen & Lauko & Boqvist waiver cleared

Shattenkirk 1 M FA
Witherspoon has cleared waivers several times in career

Grzelcyk hated here

Forbort hated here

Carlo hated here

Lindholm - hate developing

Ullmark - hated here

Sens have 12 first round picks

You are telling me the Bruins are more talented

BWAHAHAHAH

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Ottawa much more talented then Bruins
Stutzle
Norris
Tkachuk
Batherson
Giroux
Tarasenko
Grieg
Chabot
Sanderson
Chychrun

The Bruins are 1/3rd free agents Donny grabbed at the Dollar Tree

Geekie
JVR
Heinen
Freddy (everyone hates him and the poll thought he was overpaid at 2.2 M)

Zacha dumped for Haula

DeBrusk hated here - go read the comments from all the HF tough guys on his thread

Coyle - Sweeney worst contract as of September on HF (it’s here)

Steen & Lauko & Boqvist waiver cleared

Shattenkirk 1 M FA
Witherspoon has cleared waivers several times in career

Grzelcyk hated here

Forbort hated here

Carlo hated here

Lindholm - hate developing

Ullmark - hated here

Sens have 12 first round picks

You are telling me the Bruins are more talented

BWAHAHAHAH
Well played, Sir. Well played.

:thumbu:

PS. You forgot to include how Heinen is as soft as fresh dog crap....

Reactions: DKH

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Ottawa attendance and interest - league wants to keep team relevant

The Bedard to Chicago was fixed

That Bruins game last night didn’t smell right

Kudos to Bruins for winning this

This is how I see it

But they didn't win.

And Ottawa has no chance to make the playoffs.

So the league is not doing a very job of keeping the Sens relevant.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Most of this stuff gets done behind closed doors. The owners have considerable power in this league - especially top tier guys like the Jacobs - and if the Bruins really wanted to they could pull a public stunt like this and stare down Bettman over the consequences. But they don't, at least partly because of the argument that reputational damage to the league hurts everybody, even if the target is one specific area, and so it's best avoided. Birds of a corporate feather tend to stick together. Would be interesting to know what gets said in private though - it has to be apparent to everybody that the quality of the officiating is poor and arguably declining.

The gambling aspect I find somewhat odd from my perspective because it's been a major part of Australian sport for the best part of 20 years, and longer still in the UK, and while there has been an acknowledgement of the possibility that it can encourage fixing by referees, with laws put in place to prohibit it, there's never been any genuine public concern that the integrity of our major leagues will be compromised by dodgy officials starting side-hustles. While there have been a couple of minor scandals over the years, in general it's simply a non-issue. I think once sports betting becomes more entrenched and normalized in North America, the sorts of comments and worries we're seeing now will peter out pretty quick. For better or worse, it soon just becomes part of the fabric.

Good points.

I will ask because I don’t know but have there been any betting scandals there?

There have been many here, which I think is why so many people here are skeptical.

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
But they didn't win.

awe contrare young grasshopper

They came in 4-1 last 5 and were discussing adding a veteran to make a playoff push

Bruins had 18 minutes in penalties which adjusts your objective

The objective is to kill penalties and overall they did

Therefore they grade passing

Had they played 5x5 entire game I would expect a different performance either good or bad

4-5 players don’t kill penalties so you have guys sitting for long periods and others playing heavy hard minutes against Tkachuk Tank Stutzle Giroux Chabot Chychrun Norris Sanderson pinto

It was an outstanding performance based on what was presented

the players watching the locker room stuff and post game gave the vibe this was a very poorly officiated game

Harry Sinden would have assaulted the head of officiating

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I think they have a brighter future than the Leafs. However, they still have a couple years before they can ice a competitive team.
You're probably right because they have some nice pieces they can move to acquire a goalie and some better defensive dmen...I'd also prefer going into the playoffs with Tkachuk as my captain rather than JT

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Was listening to the morning brew podcast today and they were talking about how Forbort didn’t play a lot of minutes last night (low teens). Kind of surprised with all the penalties. I wonder if he’s still dealing with a nagging injury.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I'd take Ottawa's core over ours in a second. Thing is they lack the grooming that started with Chara to Bergy and Krejci and Marchy and now is in our guys.

But if I could drop their core into our lockeroom? My goodness.

They just have one of the worst cultures in the league sadly. But if I could snatch Stuzle, Sanderson and Brady and drop them into Black and Gold? Spicy!

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I agree, maybe I am reading into it too much but he often looks like he is grimacing after a shift or stoppage, not his normal energy you see from him during downtime on the ice.

Pastrnak takes a beating most nights. No wonder.

Pretty crazy to me that Frederic and Zacha are tied in points right now. What a breakout season for Freddy.

Frederic started with his usual inconsistent self and at some point decided to add consistency. He has been fantastic the last stretch of games.

Reactions: Gordoff

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I'd take Ottawa's core over ours in a second. Thing is they lack the grooming that started with Chara to Bergy and Krejci and Marchy and now is in our guys.

But if I could drop their core into our lockeroom? My goodness.

They just have one of the worst cultures in the league sadly. But if I could snatch Stuzle, Sanderson and Brady and drop them into Black and Gold? Spicy!

Ottawa has poor goaltending and their top defenseman are offense first types, until they seriously upgrade their goaltending and get those defenseman to change their game they are going nowhere.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Ottawa has poor goaltending and their top defenseman are offense first types, until they seriously upgrade their goaltending and get those defenseman to change their game they are going nowhere.

Sanderson is their best D and he is not that. But yes, they have work to do here. Doesn't hurt getting all these top picks to do it.

Anyway thus ends the Sens segue.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Good points.

There have been many here, which I think is why so many people here are skeptical.

There have been a couple of high-profile scandals involving players betting, and there have been a couple of small matters involving referees. But none of those involved allegations of actual match fixing or corrupt officiating, more just people betting on things that were prohibited to them, like Shane Pinto seems to have done. The one exception of sorts that I know of was a referee 2 years ago who was caught leaking MVP votes - which in Aus football are determined by the refs - to friends for betting purposes.

So there's enough there to remind people of the risk of corruption, but not enough to really cause concern or put it in the minds of fans or the media that the integrity of the leagues might be in significant peril from gambling. It's just not part of the conversation around our sport.

But of course each country is different and I know as you say that the US has had its share of issues in this regard - Tim Donaghy springs to mind. So I get the concerns and for sure they're valid. Just here in Oz it's never become a major problem.

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Was listening to the morning brew podcast today and they were talking about how Forbort didn’t play a lot of minutes last night (low teens). Kind of surprised with all the penalties. I wonder if he’s still dealing with a nagging injury.

I thought he might have been favoring his hand after his 'roughing' with Kastelic. Maybe not? Let's see if he plays tomorrow and if he does, how much does he play...

Reactions: bob77 and Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
But they didn't win.

Even DuPont broke down the penalties in the Globe - the one on Pastrnak was a penalty

All the rest ridiculous

This was the NBA

Two former hockey players referees and one drafted and both played relatively physical especially Schrader calling those penalties. Both US born so not Canadian bias - this was the supervisor instructing them wink wink

I’ve watched since late 60’s first time I’ve ever thought the refs went into a game to get one team a win

Kudos to the Bruins for winning this game

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Good points.

I don’t think betting at all but moreso get Ottawa back in hunt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad