Post-Game Talk: GAME 48 - Brad wins it in OT - BRUINS 3 Ottawa 2 F/OT

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Honestly, was ok with 4 of the penalty calls. However, Never Ever seen a 1-handed cross check. Baffling.

PK has to be better . . .they certainly get enough practice.

Potsy looks really out of place.

If Gryzz isn't subbing into the All-Star game, some rest will do him good . . .actually though he did some good things tonight and we'll need him in the 2nd half - get healthy.
Really? Marchand got called from one of those the week before. Only one glove contacted the player = crosscheck.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
That's the thing, the guy gets 1-2 pts a game and honestly you live with the rest easily.

I think he may also be pacing himself for the playoffs. It's a long season and he's sometimes looked gased in game 83.

I think it's cool that they have him talking to the refs in tough spots. Leadership fits him well.

My only thing is Jake HAS to move his feet. So Jake can't follow Pasta's lead there. He's gotta be north-south motor moving to be his own player. Pasta's shot means he doesn't need to.
Because Pasta is the guy for other teams need to stop, he is focused on by every team, they play.
Which is what any good coach will do, make some others players on the Bruins beat you.
It doesn't hurt that the Bruins have a couple of good goalies to keep the team in any game as well.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Btw just to point out, on the last Morning Bru (today), Jaffe and Razor really highlighted the poor stretch from Pasta, relative to say his best games (where he's moving his legs and not cheating with the stick).

I think we agree Razor and Jaffe are balanced and supportive. Just for some perspective.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Ottawa attendance and interest - league wants to keep team relevant

The Bedard to Chicago was fixed

That Bruins game last night didn’t smell right

Kudos to Bruins for winning this

This is how I see it

Second Ottawa gets the downtown rink they'll be fine. It's coming.

Reactions: DKH

Babajingo

No Jack last night ...
wind-in-hair-fabulous-wind.gif

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Btw just to point out, on the last Morning Bru (today), Jaffe and Razor really highlighted the poor stretch from Pasta, relative to say his best games (where he's moving his legs and not cheating with the stick).

I think we agree Razor and Jaffe are balanced and supportive. Just for some perspective.
I think Pasta has some nagging injury.Speculation of course. He hasn't looked like his usual self for a few games . He has the skill to be this good with a injury.
I know it wont happen but it would be good if he rested and missed the ASG .

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
First of all, Monty DID open his mouth. In fact, he came out about 3-4min early before the 3rd period started to let the officiating crew know exactly how he felt about the job they were doing. The Ottawa radio crew actually mentioned it during their broadcast.

As for the NHL refereeing conspiracy theories, believe what you want. Tonight they were bad, no question. But the idea that there is some nefarious plot going on, gives this league way too much credit. The NHL couldn't pull that off, even if they wanted to.
True, but individual refs are allowed to have their own agendas. Calls or no calls are too often about who the player is, who the team is, what the score is, how much time on the clock, and who got the last penalty. In short, too much game management and not enough refereeing.

Even the schedule makers play favorites. Don't get me started on DOPS. No one who works for this league is ever held accountable for their performance, except for the two ref pairs who were sent home in 2019. One pair in StL - SJ or Dallas series and of course our favorite two Crooked Kelly and Crooked Koceri. By then it was too late. On the later pair, for those who want to talk about not having the stones to saying something about the officiating, I lost all respect for Mike Emrick, Ed Olczyk, and Anson Carter for their see no evil approach. Emrick should have had the decency to retire after the 2019 playoffs.

At least after Montreal Canadien referee Dave Jackson cheated us in Game 7 in 2014, Pierre McGuire commented on the poor officiating on air.

This goes all the way back to the 1974 finals with Art Skov and the 1979 Game 7 with Bob Myers.

Last edited:

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The B‘s braintrust are better people than I!

I‘d hold a 45 minute presser with video footage of all the garbage calls they‘ve made against the B’s this month, along with calls they refused to make vs. opponents, and including the names of the refs who worked the games.

Most of this stuff gets done behind closed doors. The owners have considerable power in this league - especially top tier guys like the Jacobs - and if the Bruins really wanted to they could pull a public stunt like this and stare down Bettman over the consequences. But they don't, at least partly because of the argument that reputational damage to the league hurts everybody, even if the target is one specific area, and so it's best avoided. Birds of a corporate feather tend to stick together. Would be interesting to know what gets said in private though - it has to be apparent to everybody that the quality of the officiating is poor and arguably declining.

The gambling aspect I find somewhat odd from my perspective because it's been a major part of Australian sport for the best part of 20 years, and longer still in the UK, and while there has been an acknowledgement of the possibility that it can encourage fixing by referees, with laws put in place to prohibit it, there's never been any genuine public concern that the integrity of our major leagues will be compromised by dodgy officials starting side-hustles. While there have been a couple of minor scandals over the years, in general it's simply a non-issue. I think once sports betting becomes more entrenched and normalized in North America, the sorts of comments and worries we're seeing now will peter out pretty quick. For better or worse, it soon just becomes part of the fabric.

• Love
Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad