Post-Game Talk: GAME 48 - Brad wins it in OT - BRUINS 3 Ottawa 2 F/OT

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Even DuPont broke down the penalties in the Globe - the one on Pastrnak was a penalty

All the rest ridiculous

This was the NBA

Two former hockey players referees and one drafted and both played relatively physical especially Schrader calling those penalties. Both US born so not Canadian bias - this was the supervisor instructing them wink wink

I’ve watched since late 60’s first time I’ve ever thought the refs went into a game to get one team a win

Kudos to the Bruins for winning this game

Watched Panthers-Penguins last night.

Almost a carbon copy of Bruins-Sens. Florida was called for 6 minor penalties in the 2nd half of the game, Pens none. Pens tie late, Panthers win in shootout.

I thought the worst call in the Bruins game was the first one on Pasta. Clipped skates with Tkachuk, he went down. Two minutes for skating, I guess. Coyle got his stick between the legs of Stutzle from behind. And Wotherspoon's was a cross-check. Frederic's trip looked like a clear dive. In the 3rd period there were numerous iffy infractions like Coyle's and Frederic's that were let go. Maybe because Monty had a word with the officials before the period, or maybe just letting them play in close game late, like its always been. Or maybe the refs just sucked.

But I will say, after watching Florida-Pittsburgh, it gives more weight to conspiracy theories.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad