Post-Game Talk: GAME 48 - Brad wins it in OT - BRUINS 3 Ottawa 2 F/OT

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I thought that after the first period, and then the second, the penalty minutes would even out due to "game management" but it's obvious now that the refs don't answer for their poor performance and nobody but NOBODY has the balls (looking at Montgomery) to open their wired shut mouths. Carlo between periods didn't seem bothered at all by it, no fire, nothing. It's good that they prevailed BUT Ottawa did NOT deserve the point, and the Bruins did NOT deserve that corrupt so called "officiating." I can only imagine what Torts would've said during and after the game.
I’m so surprised you turned bad reffing into an indictment of Montgomery. At least you’re consistent I guess.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Another in the long list of low scoring close games and blown late leads. In the end we get the win, so all is well, but it's this same song over and over and it just strikes me as failure come playoff time. I just see them being close, competitive, but losing in OT or late in a game and just coming up short - again.

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
No I know.

But you somehow put the bad reffing on Monty not fighting back or whatever. Did I make that up?
I would honestly like for him to open his mouth, draw some attention to the bad refereeing. I know that's too much to ask these days.
EDIT: I don't put the bad reffing on him not "fighting back." It's a league wide problem. More coaches have to stand up and be counted but they're all afraid for their livelihoods, I get it, don't like it but I get it.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I would honestly like for him to open his mouth, draw some attention to the bad refereeing. I know that's too much to ask these days.
EDIT: I don't put the bad reffing on him not "fighting back." It's a league wide problem. More coaches have to stand up and be counted but they're all afraid for their livelihoods, I get it, don't like it but I get it.

I really wonder if it’s a top down thing.

I can’t recall Sweeney ever criticizing the officials or DOPS.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I can’t recall it happening.

I almost want to give them credit for having the discipline that I wouldn’t.

However, considering how often they end up getting the short end of the stick, so to speak, maybe it isn’t the right tact to take?

I love the snarl of Wotherspoon. Guy is always ornery. That's been too rare in recent black and gold seasons.

I really think he needs to play every night at this point.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I really wonder if it’s a top down thing.

I can’t recall Sweeney ever criticizing the officials or DOPS.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I can’t recall it happening.

I almost want to give them credit for having the discipline that I wouldn’t.

However, considering how often they end up getting the short end of the stick, so to speak, maybe it isn’t the right tact to take?

I really think he needs to play every night at this point.
OMG, over that statistical darling Grzelcyk?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
OMG, over that statistical darling Gryzlick?

I don’t dislike Grizz as much as most, but it’s been a struggle for him for quite a while now here.

Maybe a fresh start somewhere would be good for him.
I do think Worherspoon has made that a much more likely possibility.

Still, probably less than a 20% chance he gets moved…but I think it would have been more like 5% without his emergence.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I don’t dislike Grizz as much as most, but it’s been a struggle for him for quite a while now here.

Maybe a fresh start somewhere would be good for him.
I do think Worherspoon has made that a much more likely possibility.

Still, probably less than a 20% chance he gets moved…but I think it would have been more like 5% without his emergence.
I doubt that he's going anywhere, DS likes him and his dad is a fixture at TDGarden. Maybe they won't re-sign him in the offseason but that's a big maybe. Sweeney is loyal to a fault at times.

Reactions: sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Didn’t care for the offensive effort for the majority of this game. Didn’t care for the officiating either. Normally when the pp opportunities are 6-1 you’d expect guys to have been clubbed to death during the game.

As annoying as it was that at least 3 of the calls vs. the B’s were weak……the fact that Ottawa was only short handed once is infuriating.

It‘s not like they didn’t commit any noticeable infractions.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
As annoying as it was that at least 3 of the calls vs. the B’s were weak……the fact that Ottawa was only short handed once is infuriating.

It’s all the borderline stuff that annoyed me. Ottawa was going down hilariously easy all night and the questionable calls just kept coming…but only one way.

A soft call here and there? Fine. This many, with none the other way? It was egregious

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

I made a wrong statement, said that the penalty's were 6-0 but I forgot about the ONE PP the Bruins had where they scored in like what, 3 seconds?
But, 6-1 for this team of choir boys is nonsense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad