GDT: Game 46: Lightning @ Coyotes - FSAZ - 6PM

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Wish Crouse could get more icetime. I really hope they don't see him as a fourth line/energy guy.

There is a Chayka quote saying that's the role they want him to play and maybe he'll get better. It's just dumb. If you want him to develop as a scorer, you need to ask him to play that role.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Wish Crouse could get more icetime. I really hope they don't see him as a fourth line/energy guy.

He's over 11 minutes already which is fair. I think he's one of those guys the Coaches look at to replace Doan. I could see him logging more minutes next season.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
The dad looked irritated the entire time. I don't understand how he is still employed.

Well, I can understand him. His son was out there during the interview. He just wanted to watch. Walsh also chased his daughter from her seat :laugh:

Too bad that incident lately turned out to be just hot air. Would have been nice to get a fresh face.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
There is a Chayka quote saying that's the role they want him to play and maybe he'll get better. It's just dumb. If you want him to develop as a scorer, you need to ask him to play that role.

That's so damn ignorant. He's fast, decent hands, good hockey sense, and big. He's a highly rated prospect that would have been a lock for the WJC.

He's more than just a fourth line scrub.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
So Domi, Perlini, Crouse, Martinook, Reider and McGinn are our LWs next year and Duclair and Fischer are the only RWs signed. Looks like we are going to have to go with mostly left shots on the right or make a trade right?

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Eh that one wasn't even one of Walsh's worst. I just wish he would stop asking "take us through....", "What was that like?", "How was the moment?", or "What were your emotions?"

How did it feel in that moment, as you heard Todd Walsh on this most momentous of nights, filled with a strong performance from these, your Coyotes as he used another cloyingly irritating turn of phrase to a turn what could have been just another concise interview question into the masterwork of poetry, artistry, Rocky Mountain Emmy-worthy performance that lasted an epoch and already answered the question he was asking? You had to feel annoyed, did you not?

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
He's over 11 minutes already which is fair. I think he's one of those guys the Coaches look at to replace Doan. I could see him logging more minutes next season.

I mean long term. This year is fine. But I hope he moves up the roster next year and gets more of a chance.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Great win and great coaching by Tippett. Gotta like the distribution of icetime. The only thing I will say is that if McGinn and Holland can't justify more icetime than Ryan White I'd rather have some role players in the lineup. Let's bring back Jooris and Dauphin.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I'll never understand how the Coyotes can win games being doubled-up on the shot counter, but lose every single game with a close shot total.

To be fair, they didn't allow all that much. Lots of routine saves for Smith. He'll be pretty happy with this one. Seen a lot worse...

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Haha, that's almost too good to be true. We even got our wish and got Dvorak and Crouse on the PP^^

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Embellishment probably. The stick actually did swing and make contact with him.

It's not like that one where the player skated past Smith earlier in the season and then a full second later Smith decides to play dead.

Palmer2Fitz

Oct 2, 2015
Great win and great coaching by Tippett. Gotta like the distribution of icetime. The only thing I will say is that if McGinn and Holland can't justify more icetime than Ryan White I'd rather have some role players in the lineup. Let's bring back Jooris and Dauphin.

Wonderful coaching. Most coaches would have tried to get a shot on goal in that 3rd period and probably given up the lead. Hopefully Tippett gets another extension now because in 5 years we won't be able to afford him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad