GDT: Game 46: Lightning @ Coyotes - FSAZ - 6PM

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'm calling this myth:

LOL. Though if this were one of those fact checking websites it would be like "half truth" or something cause Stevie Y did score a hatty at one point against someone else and Nash did say something about a Pillow (probably, it is his website...)

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Fischer has been good, the Doan/Dvorak/Perlini line looks good, the Vrbata/Hanzal/Rieder line looks good finally for once.

I'd like to get rid of Holland, just plain bad.

Chychrun is special, now all we need to do is get rid of Stone & Murphy, call up DeAngelo and let KConn finish the season on the right side with Chychrun.

Then sign a UFA on as a RD and let Wood get another year to get his skating to be better.

I also like Burmistrov, he's played well...good pick up!

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Hit was right in front of me, could have easily been a board. If you don't understand, you've obviously never played. Stranger yet is that you have a problem with a player sticking up for himself.

I mean, Tyson Nash played a little bit of hockey back in the day and he thought it was a clean hit.
I played at a decent level for a few years, and also think it was fine.

The "you've obviously never played" argument isn't a good one.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Problem was it was a sucker punch. The guy never even saw it coming. Challenging a guy is one thing. Punching him with a naked fist when he's not looking is as unsportsmanlike as you can get.

Absolutely. And this coming from a player that was a healthy scratch in the last game and shouldn't even play in this one makes it even worse. Really hope that was it for him here. I'm sure the Leafs will take him to play for the marlies. Maybe they would even be dumb enough to take McGinn. Gotta try.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Coyotes actually chased a goalie from the game...yeah, like the OPPONENT'S goalie! Weird

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Tampa announcers "Mike Smith looks like Darth Vader"

Yeah, he also seems to think his stick is a lightsaber.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I mean, Tyson Nash played a little bit of hockey back in the day and he thought it was a clean hit.

Right. This coming from Nash doesn't leave any room for doubts. Nash is as biased as it gets...

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

Don't think you need to have played any sport at any level to recognize a sucker punch. That's a jerk move starting on the playground as a kid.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Don't think you need to have played any sport at any level to recognize a sucker punch. That's a jerk move starting on the playground as a kid.

Completely agree. The sucker punch is a dick move. The post I was quoting was claiming the hit by Palat was a penalty, to which I completely disagree.

Misread the "If you don't understand, you didn't play" comment to be towards people not thinking it was a boarding penalty, not those who didn't understand the punch. My bad on that one.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Completely agree. The sucker punch is a dick move. The post I was quoting was claiming the hit by Palat was a penalty, to which I completely disagree.

I wasn't disagreeing with you. Just stating that anyone can recognize a sucker punch. I don't want our guys to do crap like that. Same with diving. I hate that ****.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Wish Crouse could get more icetime. I really hope they don't see him as a fourth line/energy guy.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Vaseliv..sky? Vasilivski? Vaseline? Tampa's goalie is Vaseline from now on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad