GDT: Game 46: Lightning @ Coyotes - FSAZ - 6PM

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Will update when I can confirm or debunk.

This interests me :popcorn:

FJgMBHA.gif

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Bad rebound by Smith, coverage could have been a little tighter too. Oh well. Unfortunately I think Bishop has tightened up since the early period so we can't count on any more easy ones.

I am Dave's complete lack of enthusiasm or surprise.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
That no look sauce by fish to chicken.... almost like these skilled players that were rated so highly are good at hockey or something.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Chicken Run has really picked it up recently. Been good all season, but he's back to joining the rush or creating it himself.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Really nice to see them play like that. But as I said, it makes me angry. Why not earlier? Screw you, Dave!

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Fischer says going to the net is his game...We need more of that! Can we get big bodies like Fischer and Crouse in front of the net on the PP please Dave??

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Where was this group of players for most of the season? I would love to see this all season long.

Yeah, it's nice to see most of the roster put in a solid effort outside of all the stupid roughing penalties anyway. It also helps that the lightning can't block the passing lanes in front to saves their lives right now.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Yeah, it's nice to see most of the roster put in a solid effort outside of all the stupid roughing penalties anyway. It also helps that the lightning can't block the passing lanes in front to saves their lives right now.

It's ok. Guy that threw the sucker punch won't be on the roster next season.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Lol. McGinn and Holland played 6mins each. Why would you even dress them if they're too bad to play in this league? Waive them and bring up Dauphin and De Angelo. Being up 5-1, expect a to get a heavy dose of those two bums in the 3rd though.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Correct. His misconduct isn't gonna be a problem though. The problem are the 2+2 Holland got. Stupid. I totally agree with Nash. That was a great hit. Gotta take it. If you don't like it, demand a fight later. Enough time left.
Hope they'll sit Holland again. Just dumb to put your team on the backfoot like that just because he's ******** after a clean hit.

Hit was right in front of me, could have easily been a board. If you don't understand, you've obviously never played. Stranger yet is that you have a problem with a player sticking up for himself.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
It's ok. Guy that threw the sucker punch won't be on the roster next season.

They should have waived him already. He shouldn't even be on the roster next game. Heck, I'd have waived him while he was in the box...

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
About to fact-check Tyson Nash's story about him and Steve Yzerman because I have nothing better to do. Will update when I can confirm or debunk.

Incase you missed it.... Nash was telling a story about getting into a fight with Steve Yzerman when he was on the Blues. He says that he told a reported Yzerman was "hitting him with pillows". The Wings and Blues played back to back, and Yzerman scored a hat trick against the Blues the next night. Nash claims Coach Q laid into him about those comments.

Let's get to the investigation:

Nash has no fighting majors against Yzerman, and all of Yzerman's career fights were before Nash was in the league. BUT, Nash did explicitly say he was in a "fight". Maybe they both got minors? But I'm not going to look this up

Sadly, it looks like Yzerman had two career hat tricks agains the St. Louis Blues, with both of them being before Tyson Nash was on the team.

Here's an article from TysonNash.com (which I guess is a thing?) with Nash's quote:

"I thought he threw a pillow at me," Nash said. "I wasn't sure what he threw at me. He must have hit me with a soft glove. Was it his bare hand? The ref must have had his arm."
http://www.tysonnash.com/articles/00_0210_post_dispatch.html

The Blues won this game 4-1, and they DID play the Red Wings two days later. The Red Wings won this game 2-0, thus making it impossible for Yzerman to score a hat trick.

I'm calling this myth:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Hit was right in front of me, could have easily been a board. If you don't understand, you've obviously never played. Stranger yet is that you have a problem with a player sticking up for himself.

What the heck are you talking about?:laugh:
That was a clean and hard hit. But it doesn't matter anyway. Sucker punches are weak. I don't wanna see that. Ever. Also, fighting right after a hit is dumb anyway.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

Problem was it was a sucker punch. The guy never even saw it coming. Challenging a guy is one thing. Punching him with a naked fist when he's not looking is as unsportsmanlike as you can get.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad