GDT: Game 44 | Jets @ Leafs | Thu Apr 15 7pm | TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
That 4th goal is on Rittich not marner . Nothing should have happened after Ehlers poked it away

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
On the bright side, we’re currently playing without Matthews, Nylander, Foligno, Nash and dare I say Andersen...

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
>Simmonds, one of our realest thugs, has been hard and heavy tonight. Treally loving his gezame.

Wonder if the canucks play against us saturday.
They already PPD that game. And frankly, the Leafs could use that Saturday for a bag skate.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
Jets have done this to us all season. They play us pretty even, get timely saves, and then the Leafs make a stupid mistake and it ends up in our net.

It’s always to top Jets players too. Ehlers, Connor, Scheifele. Matthews, Marner, and Nylander never get as many odd man chances as we seem to give Winnipeg.
Yep...They're counter -punchers waiting for openings...at least against us....

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I think it means a lot. If the team is showing a next man up, rally with Matthews and Nylander out, let’s claw back after Campbell was pulled and beat these guys. I would accept a loss more easily. Shows they’re really getting in the mindset of a championship run. But when they still look like a team that thinks it can flip a switch? I’m not so encouraged by that.
Nah, you're just looking to justify your frustration.

Cup winning teams lose games and lose games big.

If anything my big concern is how easily Marner and Rielly become liabilities. The result here doesn't matter.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Galchenyuk playing a decent game. Reward? Taken off the top line.

He's actually not been that good. He did well on his goal. He had a few decent looks on the PP. Had a number of poor defensive plays and was otherwise invisible today.

Marner is pretty much the same way.

Tavares is the entire line today.

Reactions: fahad203

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
It’s not really about being calm or not. Just looking at the mentality of the team and habits to see what kind of psychological profile we’re looking at in addition to the depleted roster. Not seeing a burning desire to win or a next man up mentality or mature attention to details. Or fixing special teams.

Disagree, not with everything, but disagree.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
There isn’t a chance Rielly is on this team after his contract and I can’t wait to see the regret from the fans in Year 2 of the team that signs him.

I think the moment they made JT the captain instead of Rielly his game dropped a little IMO

I guess I trade Rielly in the off-season; put Lily next to Brodie on the 2nd pair and Sandin next to Bogo (re-sign him) on the 3rd pair; Dermott off to seattle

Muzzin-Holl
Brodie-Liljegren
Sandin-Brodie
xxx

PP1 - Sandin runs it

PP2 - Liljegen runs it

Azail

Oct 11, 2017
That 4th goal is on Rittich not marner . Nothing should have happened after Ehlers poked it away
LOL, sure Rittich could have played it differently, but ALL Marner had to do was not hand the puck the Ehlers. That is it. Literally anything besides what he did, and it never gets close to Rittich.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I wonder how many Jets are thinking, man this was one of the easiest wins of the season.

All they had to do was show up and skate)play somewhat hard.

I have no faith in this team having any success in the playoffs. This past week has been terribly pathetic.

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
This team will be out in the 1st round. No question.

I think/hope we are all Leaf fans but I am a realist. There is no chemistry to this team. Don't know why that is. I know who I blame. These guys are headed for another post season disaster unless something changes. I feel sorry for the young fans with stars in their eyes. These guys are not SC winners or even contenders.

Reactions: Hollywood North
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad