GDT: Game 44 | Jets @ Leafs | Thu Apr 15 7pm | TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Jets with another win vs the Sens.

They have pulled to within 5 points, makes this somewhat of a large game.

Expect Campbell to be back in net.

With Robertson out (covid protocol), who slides in? Assume Sabourin stays in and Spezza makes a return maybe.
UPDATE: Robertson cleared, should be on the ice tonight.

Looking for the team to get their shit together and bring an honest effort on both sides of the puck, we haven't seen one in a while.

EDIT/UPDATE:

LAST 10:
Leafs 7-1-2
Jets 6-3-1

HEAD to HEAD:
Leafs have the edge 4-2-0 with a +2 goal differential

Last edited:
Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Grubauer was put on the covid list on the Avs, and he actually tested positive, but they still played tonight. So I expect this game to go ahead unless people actually test positive tomorrow.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Jets gained two points on us with the win against the Senators.

We need to get those points back. If we lose the Jets will be only 3 points behind us.

People on this board get offended when someone says this is a "must win" game if it's not an elimination game, so I will say this is an important win.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
I understand that they are already saving their strength for the playoffs, as well as their secret PP tactics, but at least 1 point would be nice.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Considering the entire Marlies team is shut down right now (and therefore limiting our options), I imagine Brooks is going to get another chance tomorrow in place of Robertson, and Spezza draws back in for Sabourin. Brooks is nothing spectacular but he did have a goal in his only game this year and it was on the PP.

Also shows the drastic difference in our PP structure between when we were good on the PP and when we were not. Right now, Kerfoot and Spezza would have been at the blueline and the opposing PK would be swarming Brodie. Instead Spezza is closer to the top of the circle, has space, and he can find Brooks in the middle (even though it was flukey).

EDIT: Or the Leafs could use 7D. We have Marincin and Duszak on the taxi-squad, and Liljegren was just sent down so he shouldn't be affecting by the Marlies' outbreak at all. Marincin or Liljegren would be fine 7D for however long Robertson is out or until Foligno is ready to come in.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Just win. They've had a little rest now. Campbell will be ready to go. I hope they tinker with the lines a bit too. Thornton should have a rest. Itll be nice when Foligno gets here next week to have more options to move the lineup around.

Also Please just load up the f***ing powerplay 1 and everything on net.

Go Leafs Go

Reactions: NiftyMits

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Hopefully the jets pass us. Montreal is the only team that can beat us. I don’t want to face them.

Jets
Leafs
Oilers
Habs

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Jets played last night and it is a 4 point game that can all but guarantee you the division. The effort put out in the last two games should not be acceptable. With 71 and 88 returning some players should be playing with more urgency for fear they will be the odd men out.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Grubauer was put on the covid list on the Avs, and he actually tested positive, but they still played tonight. So I expect this game to go ahead unless people actually test positive tomorrow.

Wow, one would think that players on US teams would have been vaccinated by now.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Hopefully the jets pass us. Montreal is the only team that can beat us. I don’t want to face them.

Jets
Leafs
Oilers
Habs

If the Jets pass us I am sure it will be because they are awesome and not because the North division sucks.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I would figure today would be his first game he's eligible to play in.

I think he might be out until tomorrow. My Yahoo Fantasy hockey notes tell me this:

Player Note Fri, Apr 9 : William Nylander (COVID protocol) is expected to be unavailable for seven days.

Advice: "The expectation is he's going to miss a minimum of seven days," said coach Sheldon Keefe on Friday. "We'll just see how it goes." Nylander's status hasn't changed after he was placed in COVID protocol this past Wednesday. If this timetable is retroactive to that date then Nylander will miss at least the next three games. He was exposed to a possible positive case with a close contact outside the team and he has been unavailable as a precaution.

7 days from the 9th is the 16th, so could probably suit up Sat vs VAN if that game even happens (doubtful?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad