GDT: Game 44 | Jets @ Leafs | Thu Apr 15 7pm | TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Jets have done this to us all season. They play us pretty even, get timely saves, and then the Leafs make a stupid mistake and it ends up in our net.

It’s always to top Jets players too. Ehlers, Connor, Scheifele. Matthews, Marner, and Nylander never get as many odd man chances as we seem to give Winnipeg.
The Jets certainly don't play the Leafs evenly. They do bank on getting better goaltending though

Reactions: Sypher04

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Pk knows they don't have to worry about Reilly shot and they can go down low to take away the cross seam and if he does shot it's like getting hit with a pillow.

Put Gally on the point he has a rocket
They just had him on the powerplay...

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
The team is extremely flawed and vulnerable as a result. The bottom 6 has no scoring depth. The top pairing is shaky defensively. They don't have anything that resembles a PP and they have series questions surrounding their starting goaltender.

This is a good team, but nowhere near the top 3 team in the NHL that there record indicates.

I think this is a bit much. In most categories we have the best team in the North.

The problem is goaltending is critical and ours is all over the place.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
The last week back to the Ottawa game has been pretty cringe worthy.

I'll always watch but they're not playing well.

Huge lull in the season... then unreal for 10 games... then back to the same shit.

I thought this team was past that kind of shit.

Reactions: wingman75

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Honestly, myself and others have been posting Must win game when the boys were on their 9-0-1 streak then some here start mocking us and some of us stopped doing that-myself included and they are about to be 0–2-1.
Lesson, stop mocking people when they post must Win game
The really lesson is to stop caring about some loser on the internet, mocking you.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Probably not expecting Ehlers to end up with a shot from right in front of him

But he saw the play right in front of him. He didn't get set and he didn't go for the poke check, it looked like he was just waiting for the puck to slide all the way to him to play it. Look at his stick and body position.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
I'm honestly fed up with Rielly on the PP. I can't even stand him anymore
We have 2/3 guys on the point with Rielly and Marner that can't shoot from the point. I don't how these guys can have all the resources in the world but can't develop a point shot.

Reactions: Hotel Mario

mcleafs

Jan 2, 2020
There isn’t a chance Rielly is on this team after his contract and I can’t wait to see the regret from the fans in Year 2 of the team that signs him.

Reactions: klmdg

cyborg

Nov 18, 2018
Man our PP is soooooo terrible. We just pass it around the perimeter, and when we do go down low, it's just in-the-crease stuff like that Hyman attempt, not a real scoring threat. We're getting zero cross-ice one-timers, zero one-timers from the slot, etc. It's just not dangerous at all, really need a new PP coach. We've got the talent to be great on the PP but are terrible, coaching issue IMO.
Yup,seems like it.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
It’s not “must win” but I understand your point. By the Ottawa game a lot of bad habits had crept into the game but everyone was busy with the Matthews hat trick and Campbell record setter to notice. Fans and media love it but from a coaching perspective it’s a nightmare. Sometimes your team has success but the bad habits pile up and a fall is right around the corner. Exhibit A.

I think the Sens just sucks you in to playing pond hockey bc they are not that good.
But I do admit, the team has not been playing as tight as before.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Pk knows they don't have to worry about Reilly shot and they can go down low to take away the cross seam and if he does shot it's like getting hit with a pillow.

Put Gally on the point he has a rocket

That's really not the problem. Our powerplay had been excellent for years with Rielly in that exact spot. The problem is it's too predictable right now. When the powerplay was working, there was a lot more movement

Reactions: The Apologist

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I just want to say, this is just a game in the regular season, past the 2/3 point, and we have a playoff spot already secured. We are missing two of our best four players. Including the top goal scorer in the league. And our starting goalie has been out for some time, and we are on our second backup.

Please just everyone calm the F down.

It’s not really about being calm or not. Just looking at the mentality of the team and habits to see what kind of psychological profile we’re looking at in addition to the depleted roster. Not seeing a burning desire to win or a next man up mentality or mature attention to details. Or fixing special teams.

Reactions: LadyLala

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Too many players in this team play soft games, not the heavy games
Kerfoot, Engvall, Brooks, Mikhayev. Continous rotation of softnes and figure skating

Btw. where's Robertson?

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
12 more games until the playoffs.

You can't win in the playoffs when you finish a regular season like this. We still have time to fix it, but our last 5-10 games we need to be firing on all engines.

Not that we're playing terribly, but definitely lots of issues popping up.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
It was nice they were winning 5v5 with pretty much an anemic PP but now it's starting to bit us in the ass for past few games. At some point you've got to fix that PP if you want to start collecting wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad