GDT: Game 44 | Jets @ Leafs | Thu Apr 15 7pm | TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Leafs have pretty much owned 90% of this game .

That remaining 10% was just very very very bad.

I wouldnt call taking perimeter shots or shots that are well defended or high/wide or into the crest as owning the jets for 90% of the game

the being "very bad" is what this team does often; gives up a goal and then can't buy one to even the game

its going to be even tougher in the playoffs

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Nah, you're just looking to justify your frustration.

Cup winning teams lose games and lose games big.

If anything my big concern is how easily Marner and Rielly become liabilities. The result here doesn't matter.

I agree with the last point for sure - but I think the two are very much connected. Soft Marner making low end, low probability video game plays late in the season? Completely cratering the special teams? Horrible details? He’s one of the faces of the team and when he’s playing poorly the output of the group will reflect all of that.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
LOL, sure Rittich could have played it differently, but ALL Marner had to do was not hand the puck the Ehlers. That is it. Literally anything besides what he did, and it never gets close to Rittich.
Was still low risk play after marner lost it. Rittich just choked hard on his decision making.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Simmonds has looked better.

Robertson has looked pretty good too.

Hope the VAN series is cancelled, this team needs to not play for a bit. They suck right now and need some time to get out of their own heads.

Mind you the fact we have to say that, still, I guess tells us all we need to know.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Goaltending and especially our special teams are definitely the difference maker tonight, not saying we played well but 4 goals on 20 shots, won't win you many games. Not scoring any goals on the powerplay again is gonna cost you especially if your PK can't kill every single one.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Actually he has played pretty well. I'm watching the game too.

I am sure you are. Not sure what you are seeing, but I don't see it that way.

Stats back me up too. Marner, Tavares, and Galchenyuk are the worst in terms of CF%. Marner and Galchenyuk are the worst in xGF%. Tavares has looked a lot better than either, and has looked better away from those two.

Neither have had good games.

Reactions: saffronleaf

mcleafs

Jan 2, 2020
Games like tonight are going to happen where we don’t get a save, probably in the playoffs too. We’ll still be fine. The real issue is we officially have a very poor PP, and a bottom tier coaching staff. They need to devote everything to that.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I agree with the last point for sure - but I think the two are very much connected. Soft Marner making low end, low probability video game plays late in the season? Completely cratering the special teams? Horrible details? He’s one of the faces of the team and when he’s playing poorly the output of the group will reflect all of that.
They were 9-0-1 with him doing the same stuff, it's not new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille