Post-Game Talk: Game #4 CAPITALS @ penguins, 7PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
If it's a fact, you should be able to prove it. You want to cling to your observations and opinions that's fine, but if you want to bring "facts" to the table you'd better bring the real thing.

so let's see some stats, some kind of objective measurement? Don't revert to arrogance now, the decisions you're trying to defend appeared to lose the Capitals this game.
Have you watched any of the games. DSP has been better than Chaisson, Connolly, Vrana, Burakovsky when he was healthy, probably better than Beagle. I won't include Gersich cause he only played tonight. We have alot of dead weight on this team.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Wow. Totally clueless. This team has no depth. We have players in the lineup that shouldn't be on an NHL roster. Our best chance of winning this series us to keep it low scoring.
Keeping the score low when behind by a goal and not coming close to scoring?

Oh and that clutch line change...coaching staff was on its game.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Have you watched any of the games. DSP has been better than Chaisson, Connolly, Vrana, Burakovsky when he was healthy, probably better than Beagle. I won't include Gersich cause he only played tonight. We have alot of dead weight on this team.
No, you consider guys like Vrana and Bura dead weight because you feel it bolsters your argument that Trotz is a miracle worker rather than a dud.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
maybe im missing something, but why are we acting like trotz not moving dsp from line one was the reason we lost? a 3 shot 3rd period was the reason. thats not on the coach

trotz not moving dsp was an issue yes, but enough to cause the team 3 shots in third?

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I think we shouldnt re-sign any physical type of forwards this summer except for 43. Theres a bunch of guys who are waiting for their chance on the roster. If you take that chance from them, it better be for signings with some skill. Tired of watching guys like Chiasson, Connolly etc. who unable to finish anything and taking the spot from youngsters.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
No, you consider guys like Vrana and Bura dead weight because you feel it bolsters your argument that Trotz is a miracle worker rather than a dud.
Those guys are dead weight. Easily the lowest hockey IQs on the team. They suck. Accept it already.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I think we shouldnt re-sign any physical type of forwards this summer except for 43. Theres a bunch of guys who are waiting for their chance on the roster. If you take that chance from them, it better be for signings with some skill. Tired of watching guys like Chiasson, Connolly etc. who unable to finish anything and taking the spot from youngsters.
What youngsters. The inky good young player we have is Stephenson

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Those guys are dead weight. Easily the lowest hockey IQs on the team. They suck. Accept it already.
Wow. No. Vrana is in his first pro season. You don't write off that much skill this soon. That is absurd. Burt is more debatable, but I'd like to see how he does in a more offensively dynamic system.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009

Good, so you didn't read my post.

If you're pulling back to Burakovsky in the last series to try and make a point then you're missing the real one. DSP didn't have a better game than most of our forwards. Sticking with him and rewarding him with playing time down the stretch was a bad move. Agree or disagree? No goalpost moving anymore, tonight is the only game we're talking about.

Vrana had a better third period than DSP and deserved that time, Beagle has occupied that role before and would have at least been understandable to try late, because DSP was slow on the play all night. Oshie could have used it, Stephenson deserves it a million times over, I would have rather seen Lars Eller there just for his possession work.

The only thing DSP was capable of bringing to that line was a physical presence, which is why he's looked good all post season, but also exactly why he doesn't belong there. Hitting a guy that just got rid of the puck gets you nowhere down a goal with time running out.

Reactions: Jags

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
maybe im missing something, but why are we acting like trotz not moving dsp from line one was the reason we lost? a 3 shot 3rd period was the reason. thats not on the coach

trotz not moving dsp was an issue yes, but enough to cause the team 3 shots in third?

Seriously? Yes it is.

A 3 shot 3rd period is actually a very good indicator that your lines aren't working at all, and need to be changed ASAP. Playing DSP and Chiasson heavily down the stretch is not how you get more shots.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Simply put... someone in their 10th year in the NHL with a career high 17 points in any nhl season - never, ever, ever belongs on a top line. Simple as that.

You just can’t defend that.

Reactions: RandyHolt

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Seriously? Yes it is.

A 3 shot 3rd period is actually a very good indicator that your lines aren't working at all, and need to be changed ASAP. Playing DSP and Chiasson heavily down the stretch is not how you get more shots.

what? come on. its not hard to throw a puck at the net. heck you can skate that it just across the blue line and fire it and its a shot

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011

Because it created two ineffectual lines. The first line had a black hole offensively on it and the 3rd line had Vrana playing the DSP role (IE: digging in the corners, going for puck battles, and attempting to cycle) while Connoly got to cherry pick in the middle of the ice. The 4th line got like 4 minutes of time so they don't really count either.

Reactions: HTFN

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
what? come on. its not hard to throw a puck at the net. heck you can skate that it just across the blue line and fire it and its a shot

So if your entire first line doesn't seem to be capable of doing that, you need to change the first line and fix it.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
I'm not impressed by the Penguins. Their 2nd goal was a garbage goal.

Both teams barely did anything offensively.

I think the Caps win on saturday if they shuffle the lines and stay out of the box.
I'm not either.

But the NHLs ability to screw the Caps over is quite impressive. Especially the consistency ! :eek:

Reactions: RandyHolt

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Its cinco de mayo. I definitely plan to be raucous. At home.

Way ahead of you pal err I may rock out with the tyke at the Kettler for pregame.

giphy.gif

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Good, so you didn't read my post.

If you're pulling back to Burakovsky in the last series to try and make a point then you're missing the real one. DSP didn't have a better game than most of our forwards. Sticking with him and rewarding him with playing time down the stretch was a bad move. Agree or disagree? No goalpost moving anymore, tonight is the only game we're talking about.

Vrana had a better third period than DSP and deserved that time, Beagle has occupied that role before and would have at least been understandable to try late, because DSP was slow on the play all night. Oshie could have used it, Stephenson deserves it a million times over, I would have rather seen Lars Eller there just for his possession work.

The only thing DSP was capable of bringing to that line was a physical presence, which is why he's looked good all post season, but also exactly why he doesn't belong there. Hitting a guy that just got rid of the puck gets you nowhere down a goal with time running out.
What game were you watching? Vrana had a bad game. He was especially brutal when he got the opportunity to play on the pp. Gained the zone 3 times and just gave the puck away.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
What game were you watching? Vrana had a bad game. He was especially brutal when he got the opportunity to play on the pp. Gained the zone 3 times and just gave the puck away.

Could do all that and still have a better game/third period than DSP did.

Besides your irrational Vrana hate, that doesn't address the rest of them, and you still didn't answer my question.

Continuing to play DSP over exploring other options was a bad move. Agree or Disagree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad