Simon-Malkin-Rust
Sheary-Brassard-Kessel
?-Sheahan-Kuhnhackl

Dumoulin-Letang
Maatta-Schultz
Oleksiak-Ruhwedel

Murray

Out: Hagelin

Let's focus on the hockey ahead. We have a series to win, and we can do this, with or without Wilson.

pagp109-52-2018-005527-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I like the idea of Stephenson on line 1, Vrana on line 2, Gersich on line 4. Eller/DSP/Connolly stay together.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
Scared

If we win this game, we win in 5

If we lose this one, it goes to 7 and who knows what happens there

brutalbeast

May 3, 2018
DSP should move up but i would recall liam o'brien to play pk and 3rd line, ove and kuzy need a puck digger and net crasher not a cutesy flashy vrana

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
Watch Trotz triple shift Chiasson since Barry thinks he’s the next Gretzky.

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
What's up gentlemen. Long time lurker here, fan since 99. Decided I'd finally log-in and be miserable with my people. I live in WV, may as well be in the middle of Pittsburgh.

The Wilson situation is a weird one. There is so much scrutiny because of the injury, but most educated NHLers have proclaimed clean hit. Anyways, if this team can't rally around this, they never will. This could be a blessing in disguise. They seem to have more grit and sandpaper this year, they're looser, Holtby seems more confident. Tommy's presence will be missed, but hopefully this lights a fire under their asses. I think Gersich in would be a good move, I mean why not? I liked the idea of Stephenson on the top line with Kuzy. Vrana was getting loose towards the end of the last game. If I was Barry, I'd actually probably put Gersich on the third line with DSP and Eller and dropp BCon down. It's now or never

Anyways, look forward to the game tonight. This probably decides it.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
What's up gentlemen. Long time lurker here, fan since 99. Decided I'd finally log-in and be miserable with my people. I live in WV, may as well be in the middle of Pittsburgh.

The Wilson situation is a weird one. There is so much scrutiny because of the injury, but most educated NHLers have proclaimed clean hit. Anyways, if this team can't rally around this, they never will. This could be a blessing in disguise. They seem to have more grit and sandpaper this year, they're looser, Holtby seems more confident. Tommy's presence will be missed, but hopefully this lights a fire under their asses. I think Gersich in would be a good move, I mean why not? I liked the idea of Stephenson on the top line with Kuzy. Vrana was getting loose towards the end of the last game. If I was Barry, I'd actually probably put Gersich on the third line with DSP and Eller and dropp BCon down. It's now or never

Welcome!

Yeah, i'm torn between the "defensive safe bet" versus giving the kid a jersey and using his speed. If you wanted to surprise Pittsburgh with a move it would be using throwing Gersich out there instead.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

Welcome! I like your avatar. I think it's business as usual for the Caps, need Ovi and Kuzy to show the way again. Holtby has made the key saves in Game 2 & 3, hoping for this trend to continue.

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
I think it's like 95/5 that we see Boyd instead of Gersich. Boyd's the one who has been doing line rushes for oshie, so it only makes sense that he's the next guy in

Reactions: Koized

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
The message from Trotz in the room before the game should be this “They’re soft and don’t belong on the same ice as us. Go get this series for Willy.” Then put a picture of a crying Mike Sullivan up on the bulletin board. Tell them if you can’t beat these babies then you don’t deserve to win a Stanley cup.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm not entirely opposed to re-uniting the 8-19-77 line and then letting Kuzy act as the driver for 13 and 18. It would shift some of the match-up responsibility to Eller's line, so perhaps this tweak would better be saved for a home game (5).

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
The message from Trotz in the room before the game should be this “They’re soft and don’t belong on the same ice as us. Go get this series for Willy.” Then put a picture of a crying Mike Sullivan up on the bulletin board. Tell them if you can’t beat these babies then you don’t deserve to win a Stanley cup.

And make sure that Crosby and Malkin get a cup check every time they’re on the ice.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
This is the game. The Wilson suspension carries weight. It either opens the door for Pittsburgh while providing the Caps the Here we go again moment or the Caps slam the door on the Pens and go home 3-1.

Gersich has only played with Eller. If he plays, I would think it would be with Eller. But Trotz is using 19 on Crosby and seems to like Stephenson checking the 2nd group. I don't see any chance that 18 skates with the first line.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I'm not entirely opposed to re-uniting the 8-19-77 line and then letting Kuzy act as the driver for 13 and 18. It would shift some of the match-up responsibility to Eller's line, so perhaps this tweak would better be saved for a home game (5).

No chance I want Vrana on the ice with 71. No.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Not sure about Gersich in the lineup. It's the playoffs and every small mistake could be huge. We need Bura, but too bad he is not ready.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
And make sure that Crosby and Malkin get a cup check every time they’re on the ice.

Nah nothing dirty tonight. Don’t give them any free power plays more than their quota of six they they’re going to get tonight.

Play a hard physical game and hope that Holtby remains big in the crease. A win tonight is important.

Plus it’s pretty clear that the department of penguin safety have their eyes on this series now. Comparing Caps and Pens is the new apples to oranges aparently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad