GDT: Game #38: @ San Jose, April 7th, 3:00 PM

aloonda*

You know I've repeatedly tried to be polite to you, and attempt to convince you not to be incredibly rude to pretty much everyone here. But all you can do, even in response to someone who is trying to understand your rather extreme view on this subject, is respond with an attack.

I like this little subforum, and I hope you don't intend to perpetually stir up trouble like this.

its a forum
talk away

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Two big things today.

First Chiasson looks fantastic. Love that line with him and Whitney and Benn.

Second, Fraser doesn't look terrible in the defensive zone. That shot is a money maker but only if he's not a black hole in behind his own blue line and he hasn't been. I love our top two lines but **** you San Jose for letting us back in this game.

MetalGodAOD*

sorry you are the ones proclaiming the stance of a loser
I want to win
all the time
period

I get scorned and berated for wanting to establish some top talent with this team. Yet, I am the one that must be quiet and accept the bending over that you wish?

See how that works? The only one making other's bend to their opinion is you.

NFKappaB

Mo Money Mo Problems
Jun 29, 2011
Nova Scotia
3q2q91.jpg

aloonda*

well this team has certainly pleased you the past 5 years eh

would you have rather have had

pesky stars?

or

no effort trying to tank stars?

I want dudes that are trying to win.

In the meantime, build the talent accordingly. But always give effort. Do not let a culture of losing creap into your organization. Once there, it is very very hard to get out.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Might as well just lock this, it's turning into a pissing match, not a game discussion.

ReverendAlBundy

Loungetown mortician
Feb 25, 2010
Fort Worth
would you have rather have had

pesky stars?

or

no effort trying to tank stars?

I want dudes that are trying to win.

In the meantime, build the talent accordingly. But always give effort. Do not let a culture of losing creap into your organization. Once there, it is very very hard to get out.
oh my... You should be glad you weren't here during the "pesky stars" days.

Those were dark times...

aloonda*

I get scorned and berated for wanting to establish some top talent with this team. Yet, I am the one that must be quiet and accept the bending over that you wish?

See how that works? The only one making other's bend to their opinion is you.

I don't see any "making". I state my opinion. You disagree. Ok.
I will continue to state my opinion. You can disagree then too.

CorwiN

Oct 23, 2006
Dallas, TX
its a forum
talk away

If you think that arguing that people who want to tank are bad fans, would be bad teammates, etc. is really a good way to have a conversation about anything, I have news for you. It isn't.

With regard to the subject:

There's plenty that can be said for tanking, and there are many ways to do so which wouldn't seriously work to build up a so-called "losing atmosphere." For example, not insisting on riding Kari every single game. Him getting hurt wouldn't be any good for the future of this team, and further it would be nice to go into next season have some idea what kind of backup goaltender we have.

Calling up one of our shiny new D prospects to swap out for Rome/whoever would be another nice thing to do which might contribute to tanking.

Neither of these things would prevent our players from doing their best to win, but would increase our chances of losing regardless.

Still, no one will ever catch me cheering for the team to lose, or complaining when the Stars win. But if you can only see a desire to tank as the action of a bad fan, or not a fan at all, then there's no point in having any of this discussion. Because you don't want to talk about it, you just want to bash people with your point of view.

MetalGodAOD*

I don't see any "making". I state my opinion. You disagree. Ok.
I will continue to state my opinion. You can disagree then too.

let the editing begin

I am glad the stars won

all of those cheering for a culture of losing ? lol

you have no clue

That was after your first post was deleted attacking others who disagree with your opinion.

By the way no one who wants to tank wants a culture of losing. Most of us either believe that the culture of losing is already there, and that it won't be fixed in 13 games with this coaching staff. So we are not even disagreeing with you on the fundamental principle, we disagree on the state of that culture and its realistic fix. Can't blame people for wanting to get a high draft pick if that culture isnt fixable over the next 13 games.

aloonda*

That was after your first post was deleted attacking others who disagree with your opinion.

By the way no one who wants to tank wants a culture of losing. Most of us either believe that the culture of losing is already there, and that it won't be fixed in 13 games with this coaching staff. So we are not even disagreeing with you on the fundamental principle, we disagree on the state of that culture and its realistic fix. Can't blame people for wanting to get a high draft pick if that culture isnt fixable over the next 13 games.

can go with that

but

yay sharks goal?

come on.......

that is actively cheering for your team to lose
makes me sick

aloonda*

the culture may not be fixable for 13 games---but it can certainly turn into a cancer in that time---have seen it

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
That's said more as a joke than anything. I don't think there's a single person here who legitimately was cheering for the Sharks to win this game, more simply wanting us to lose, but with the kids playing well.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
the culture may not be fixable for 13 games---but it can certainly turn into a cancer in that time---have seen it

So logic fits whatever you think, but not what we think...

Of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad