GDT: Game #38: @ San Jose, April 7th, 3:00 PM

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Yep. Gotta have top line talent to win. Or have the opponents play super lazy all season.

Granted, we do have top flight talent in Eriksson and Benn and Kari and guys who have potential like Ritchie, Chiasson, Oleksiak... but you know...

We need more. MORE IS BETTER THAN LESS.

Having those players does not guarantee contention, but it certainly seems to be the minimum requirement to be a real contender.

Plus the right free agent signings. Minnesota is going to be a contender for forseeable future because they got so very lucky with their loading up and talent.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I think we can all safely agree that Detroit's talent is top 5 worthy, if you're looking at a comparable. They may not have been picked in the top 5-10, but in a "redraft", they almost certainly would be.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I think we can all safely agree that Detroit's talent is top 5 worthy, if you're looking at a comparable. They may not have been picked in the top 5-10, but in a "redraft", they almost certainly would be.
Yeah, Detroit had been carried by maybe the best defensman the game has ever seen and a couple of late round draft picks from long ago who might also be future hall of famers and who had still been playing a very high level.

TravisSSII

Feb 6, 2013
Screw the Wings, Let's talk Stars.

This team is so much fun to watch. I am enjoying the games now. We might be lose a higher draft pick, but didn't they just change the NHL draft lottery? (Bottom 14 can get the #1) and I don't want the kids to be told not to fight and win.

Let them play hard and enjoy the games. :yo:

I understand that we are a beat down group that wants change, but the youngsters have game, and who knows how the draft will go (or pan out for that matter). I figure that the plan was to trade some of our later rounds, for a few more higher up, correct?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad