GDT: Game #38: @ San Jose, April 7th, 3:00 PM

aloonda*

I remember hearing a story about some team in the running for the top pick.
Last game of the season, some young goalie comes in and stands on his head and wins, giving another team the top pick.
The team who won ended up drafting some bust, while the top pick ended up being someone really good.
Does anyone know what draft that was?
I was thinking when Chicago drafted Cam, but they lost their last game that season.

the draft is such a crapshoot anyhow---this team had better develop a winning culture over relying on talent alone

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
the draft is such a crapshoot anyhow---this team had better develop a winning culture over relying on talent alone
Couldn't disagree more. Talent is what wins games, not some nebulous "culture". You want players who are better than the guys on the other side.

The draft is not a "crapshoot" either.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
If we win this game, we are 4 points out of 8th place and we have a game at hand against Detroit.

If we win today, it'll be hard for me not to get back into "make the playoffs" mode.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I remember hearing a story about some team in the running for the top pick.
Last game of the season, some young call-up comes in and stands on his head and wins the game for them, giving another team the top pick.
The team who won ended up drafting some bust, while the top pick ended up being someone really good.
Does anyone know what draft that was?
I was thinking when Chicago drafted Cam, but they lost their last game that season.

I remember AHL call-up Boyd Devereaux scoring a hattrick for the Leafs to win their last game, knocking them out of top-five lottery contention. :laugh:

This is going back a few years, but his name still comes up from time to time, lol

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
If we win this game, we are 4 points out of 8th place and we have a game at hand against Detroit.

If we win today, it'll be hard for me not to get back into "make the playoffs" mode.

You don't want to drive down that road. It leads to more hatred of the Dallas Stars.

NYRCSKA*

Quote of the game
"Oh my God drop the puck! the faceoff is on neutral ice" -Daryl Reaugh.

I say this at least 3 times every hockey game I watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad