GDT: Game #38: @ San Jose, April 7th, 3:00 PM

aloonda*

Loui was due. No quit in this team.

that's what needs to be built
talent level, if evaluated right in the first place can fill in as needed
but no quit and sense of urgency at all times is the thing that is needed--playoff hockey year round is how you win

cuspoferuption

Apr 14, 2012
UK
As much as I would love a top 5 pick, it's nice to see a Stars team that has some speed and fight in it. Hopefully with a decent coach and an improved defence next year we'll finally see some playoffs.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Goligoski is #3 on the team in points.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
OK, im torn. At what point do we start again rooting for Stars wins? We're tied for 10th if we win tonight.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
that's what needs to be built
talent level, if evaluated right in the first place can fill in as needed
but no quit and sense of urgency at all times is the thing that is needed--playoff hockey year round is how you win

no one that i know of is hoping for a tank in the effort category. merely hoping to get a chance to add a special, hard working talent high in the draft where we don't usually pick.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Chiasson taking an important defensive zone faceoff. Didn't win it, but still.

Bkennedy*

I can't actively root for a tank, regardless. I want it. But when we score I still jump for joy.

aloonda*

They would need to lose every remaining game to squeeze into a top three pick. That's not happening. They need to be close to that bad to drop to a top five pick. That's probably also not happening.

then for crying out loud---keep playing your guts out

Sports

Jul 12, 2011
I remember hearing a story about some team in the running for the top pick.
Last game of the season, some young call-up comes in and stands on his head and wins the game for them, giving another team the top pick.
The team who won ended up drafting some bust, while the top pick ended up being someone really good.
Does anyone know what draft that was?
I was thinking when Chicago drafted Cam, but they lost their last game that season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad