GDT: Game 34: Sharks @ Red Wings 4:30pm NBCSCA Couture out w/ Covid, Vlasic officially scratched

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I hope he gets traded to Florida. I watch Florida and to watch Hertl and Thornton raise the cup would be great. Besides, it's not Vegas or Tampa so that's a bonus.

What the heck? That would mean the Sharks get the lowest 1st pick for him. Forget this lovy dovy shit about other teams winning a cup, and focus on whats the best route for the Sharks to do so.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
What the heck? That would mean the Sharks get the lowest 1st pick for him. Forget this lovy dovy shit about other teams winning a cup, and focus on whats the best route for the Sharks to do so.
Soooo trade him to Arizona for their first?

Sign me up.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA

I'm not sure Hertl would want a trade to Arizona, for instance. It needs to be a cup contender, and it will get you at least a middle of the road pick.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I'm not sure Hertl would want a trade to Arizona, for instance. It needs to be a cup contender, and it will get you at least a middle of the road pick.

He has for all intents and purposes basically a no trade clause. His contract right now is amazing worth, so even the 3 best teams in the league could take his contract on for the remainder of the year so that helps.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Maybe a fringe team like the Stars? I'd try to get multiple picks. Like a 1st and 3rd for Hertl. A 1st or really good prospect for Burns. Maybe a team like Edmonton bites on that. We'd have to take salary back or retain im sure. I don't know the Oilers salary cap situation.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Maybe a fringe team like the Stars? I'd try to get multiple picks. Like a 1st and 3rd for Hertl. A 1st or really good prospect for Burns. Maybe a team like Edmonton bites on that. We'd have to take salary back or retain im sure. I don't know the Oilers salary cap situation.

Projected to be at 88mil in a 81 mil cap. As of this very moment they have 928,000 cap space left.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia

If Burns somehow gets a first or a "really good" prospect, I will fly over to SJ from Australia, just so I can help him pack and drive him to the airport. There is no way a team trades that for Burns.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
If Burns somehow gets a first or a "really good" prospect, I will fly over to SJ from Australia, just so I can help him pack and drive him to the airport. There is no way a team trades that for Burns.

DW does his best Kaa impression and hypnotizes another GM into a trade.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I agree. We did get a first for Barclay Goodrow though, so there's always hope lol
We had to add a 3rd onto Goodrow to get the 31st pick. And it was because he was making under $1M for that season and the next, on a team tight to the cap.

Burns will be 37 in March, making 8M for this season, and 3 more.

No way in hell we get a 1st for him, let alone a really good prospect.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
We had to add a 3rd onto Goodrow to get the 31st pick. And it was because he was making under $1M for that season and the next, on a team tight to the cap.

I can see the Sharks getting a 1st for Burns but in very specific and unlikely ways. For instance, I look at a team like Philadelphia where a deal involving a 1st for Burns does make sense. I could see the Sharks retaining 1.5 mil on Burns and moving him there for either Kevin Hayes or Scott Laughton and a 1st. The chances are very slim but I don't think it's zero just yet. He plays a premium position and probably would perform better on a team with better coaching, better buy-in, and a more suitable partner. Ferraro has been very good and is clearly a future piece but he's not an ideal partner for Burns. Burns needs a more conservative partner.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose

DW got two 2nds for an over the hill and useless Brad Stuart.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
And Doug Murray

He got a 2nd and a 6th for Stuart that was traded back to Colorado with another 2nd to move up 8 spots to pick Jeremy Roy. Murray was dealt for two 2nds where one was traded to move up two spots to draft Mirco Mueller and the other 2nd was used to select Noah Rod. Great trades for the picks...bad follow-through.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Bizz

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
He got a 2nd and a 6th for Stuart that was traded back to Colorado with another 2nd to move up 8 spots to pick Jeremy Roy. Murray was dealt for two 2nds where one was traded to move up two spots to draft Mirco Mueller and the other 2nd was used to select Noah Rod. Great trades for the picks...bad follow-through.
I trust Jr. a lot more with those picks than I did Burke

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I trust Jr. a lot more with those picks than I did Burke

Possibly but the value on even the draft pick trades weren't good so it wasn't just Burke. Plus, outside of Norris and Ferraro, nothing has yet panned out to warrant all that much trust in Jr. We have hopefuls but nothing concrete really given the timeframe involved.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 4