GDT: Game 34: Sharks @ Red Wings 4:30pm NBCSCA Couture out w/ Covid, Vlasic officially scratched

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
"Vlasic is scratched."

"That's good!"

"But Couture was added to covid protocol."

"That's bad."

"But Pederson was also added to covid protocol."

"That's good!"

"But the ice contains sodium benzoate."

"..."

"That's bad."

Note: no, I don't actually think it's good anyone went on covid protocol. I do think it's good to not play Pederson.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

I don't think it's a good idea to play Meier with Hertl under these circumstances. That 2nd line is abysmal. I think you run Hertl between Gregor and Barabanov and have Bonino center Dahlen and Meier. The center situation on the 3rd line probably won't be pretty either.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Gregor-Bonino-Barabanov 2nd line...uh oh

Yeah, that's not going to go well. Detroit isn't a team for the Sharks to take lightly. They're roughly on the same level competitively right now and the Sharks look a bit more depleted than them right now.

With what is available to the Sharks, I'd probably run with...

Gregor-Hertl-Barabanov
Dahlen-Bonino-Meier
Halbgewachs-Reedy-Merkley
Cogliano-Weatherby-Nieto

Simek-Burns
Middleton-Karlsson
Megna-Merkley (if they're legitimately scratching Vlasic...Meloche should also be scratched as he's been bad)

Reactions: Stewie Griffin

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
The lineup'll be like a Where's Waldo, except the goal's to look for the one real center amongst the sea of kinda-not-exactly-centers. ;)

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
The lack of centers in this org is disturbing after having like 9 in the lineup for so many years but this is another perfect time to insert some of the other forwards. Its not a time to be conservative

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
The lack of centers in this org is disturbing after having like 9 in the lineup for so many years but this is another perfect time to insert some of the other forwards. Its not a time to be conservative

Apparently, there are twelve centers on NHL contracts.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Fwiw, during the warmups vs the pens I didn’t see R. Merkley out there but I did see Megna dressed out. Not sure if that’s an indication of the pecking order on D or not.

Reactions: Sandisfan

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
It won't be that hard, Weatherby is pretty big after all :sarcasm:

He's the red herring near the net they want you to find. If you look closely between the gaggle of sticks of pads, his eyes only follow the puck when he's drawn on the left side of the image. :sarcasm:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I can get behind scratching Vlasic but if your next step is to insert Megna into the lineup then you better scratch Meloche for Merkley because Megna-Meloche is an utterly pointless third pairing. It's already asking too much of Simek and Middleton to be solid top four options but to play them 20+ minutes to keep that 3rd pair to just 12-15 minutes is not going to end well.

Reactions: Used As A Shield

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->