GDT: Game 34: Sharks @ Red Wings 4:30pm NBCSCA Couture out w/ Covid, Vlasic officially scratched

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Possibly but the value on even the draft pick trades weren't good so it wasn't just Burke. Plus, outside of Norris and Ferraro, nothing has yet panned out to warrant all that much trust in Jr. We have hopefuls but nothing concrete really given the timeframe involved.
Jr. Is at least making interesting draft picks but a top 4 defenseman and a top 6 forward from his first real draft in control is a strong start for a new head scout.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Jr. Is at least making interesting draft picks but a top 4 defenseman and a top 6 forward from his first real draft in control is a strong start for a new head scout.

I agree but the Merkley draft is pretty much entirely him working out or a bust at this point. Weatherby has limited potential. Karlsson is a bust. Leonard is looking like a bust. Emond is a bust too. If Weatherby is only ever a 4C but for an extended period of time then I'm willing to call that a win but they didn't transition to him to pluck 4th liners from the draft. And the 2019 draft really only has Kniazev and Hatakka as hopes of being anything. 2020 draft still has significant hope and I don't think there's much for me to hope for out of the 2021 draft outside of Eklund except maybe depth pieces. I just don't have so much confidence in junior to not overhaul the entire front office due to their ineffectiveness overall as a hockey ops.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $40.00