Post-Game Talk: GAME 33 - B's get sabrered - Buffalo 4 BRUINS 2 - On to Poutineville

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Yeah I don't see it at all. I like their chances against Toronto if the Leafs don't add a defenseman but we all know that isn't happening. Tampa just seemed to toy with the Bruins and dominated the play. The score was flattering for the Bruins and I think most Bruins fans saw that.

Now if you reunited the top line and actually built a 2nd line with a 2nd line RW then perhaps the third line kids could score and provide depth and not be pushed into top six roles where they look out of place. Then maybe they could steal a game or two from the Lightning but that would require a real hot streak from this team that we haven't seen in a long time and a lot of puck luck.

That's your perspective then. I'm not going to try and change it lol.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
You completely missed the point of the post. Which was that I don’t understand why Heinen plays a very good game, doesn’t finish on one play and he’s getting shipped out of town. Donato was set up a couple of times by Heinen and didn’t convert on a penalty shot and there is crickets.

HF Logic.

I have nothing against Donato and think he’s been better since his return. I’m just pointing out an inconsistency. I do think it would have been better for his development if he spent the whole year in PRO.

I got the point all right.:rolleyes:

Just no need to throw Donato under the bus for the sake of your man-crush on Heinen.:laugh:

Reactions: BadBruins

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
No, but that line up had the potential. Bruins don't get some serious help and fast it will not matter

Ok, sure.

Except the dialogue last year about the Capitals was not that they had potential. It was that they were a bunch of choke artists that would win Prez Cups and lose to the Pens every playoffs.

They were coming off a 118 pt season where they lost in the 2nd round, didn’t bring back two of their Top 6 F’s (Williams and Johansson) and two good Dmen in Shattenkirk and Alzner. Also, they lost Schmidt in the expansion draft.

Anointing Cup favorites in December is risky business.

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I got the point all right.:rolleyes:

Just no need to throw Donato under the bus for the sake of your man-crush on Heinen.:laugh:

What did I say about Donato that was not true? He had several good scoring chances that he didn’t capitalize on and he failed on a penalty shot with a sub par effort.

I was waiting to see him in multiple trade proposals...

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
im sorry but buffalo is not going to finish ahead of us if we get bergie and chara back.

we will be behind toronto and tampa and be in another game 7 with toronto.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
What did I say about Donato that was not true? He had several good scoring chances that he didn’t capitalize on and he failed on a penalty shot with a sub par effort.

I was waiting to see him in multiple trade proposals...

Hey. I like them both and want them both too stay in Boston.

That line has some real good chemistry. I don't want to see it broken up, unless one of them, is what it takes to bring in a legit top six forward, who is in his mid twenty's.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Ok, sure.

Except the dialogue last year about the Capitals was not that they had potential. It was that they were a bunch of choke artists that would win Prez Cups and lose to the Pens every playoffs.

They were coming off a 118 pt season where they lost in the 2nd round, didn’t bring back two of their Top 6 F’s (Williams and Johansson) and two good Dmen in Shattenkirk and Alzner. Also, they lost Schmidt in the expansion draft.

That’s true but the Bruins are looking like they are a long way from being a Cup contender . Is adding Bergeron and Debrusk going to be enough to boost scoring significantly? Are we counting on Heinen anc Donato to score semi regularly? I can’t understand why Sweeney doesn’t do something.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Ok, sure.

Remember 1 thing.They do not choke vs Bruins.When was last time Bruins beat them?

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
My gut says we avoid the leafs in the playoffs and that's a good thing. Revenge can be served on a cold dish. Japanese proverb.
maybe. but bergy and chara in there tonite. no way that runt skinner scores 2 goals and eichel puts up 4 points.
we will be fine once they come back.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
That’s true but the Bruins are looking like they are a long way from being a Cup contender . Is adding Bergeron and Debrusk going to be enough to boost scoring significantly? Are we counting on Heinen anc Donato to score semi regularly? I can’t understand why Sweeney doesn’t do something.

Almost 25% of your goals scored have come from DeBrusk & Bergeron. They've also factored in (via goal or assist) on 44% of the teams goals this year. I'd think the offense should improve when they return.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just in from the game.

Crappy ride home. It was raining hard.

Pasta was sick . He looked like he had a bad cold or the flu. Brad has #63 on his water bottle so perhaps he was ill too.

From where we sit I thought Brad's goal went in BEFORE the whistle.

Eichel is a very good player.

Kampher was decent tonight. He left when he got hit in the face. The hobbit also left briefly and came back to the bench with what looked like tampons hanging out of his nose. Our players are pretty dinged up.

I believe they are flying to Montreal tonight...swell :rolleyes: Looking forward to the return of Bergy, Z and Kevan.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
And what is my agenda. Picking on the immortal Rask? Him and the back up did not help matters over the last few games. So the coach was 100% correct in saying they were outgoaltendered .

That what he said unless I heard differently?

How is Rask immortal? He is criticized all the time.

The coach called out a few different things, but you focus on something specifically because there is nothing you enjoy more than pinning it all on the goaltender.

If you watched today’s game and take “Rask didn’t get it done” out if it, I feel sorry for you. There was far more going on but clearly most of the game doesn’t interest you.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Remember 1 thing.They do not choke vs Bruins.When was last time Bruins beat them?
Looking past round 1 is pointless . Even if the Bruins go on a massive run they aren’t catching Tampa and odds are they will meet the Leafs and that’s a coin toss . While I don’t particularly want to meet the Caps are the Bruins really in a more favourable position finishing 2nd and having to play Toronto / Tampa ? Or finishing 3rd and having to play the Leafs without home ice advantage?

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
maybe. but bergy and chara in there tonite. no way that runt skinner scores 2 goals and eichel puts up 4 points.
we will be fine once they come back.

The problem is we may be to far out to make the playoffs once they get back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad