Post-Game Talk: GAME 33 - B's get sabrered - Buffalo 4 BRUINS 2 - On to Poutineville

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Have to agree with him,I’m not an Acciari fan bye any means,but would rather him be in the lineup over Smith,but then would rather see someone from Providence get a shot also,Smith has some speed but really has nothing else in his game that I have seen.
3 games in and he's on the Bench because hasn't shown more than Accari ?
In all the games Accari has played what has he shown. He was a big hitter for a while, but that is mostly gone. Move on from him.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Gotta believe Bergeron is back Thursday if all checks out medically with the shoulder.
You don't think he needs to get into a little bit of game shape before he goes out on the ice ?
I haven't heard he has been skating, with a red jersey , or skating at all ?

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
You don't think he needs to get into a little bit of game shape before he goes out on the ice ?
I haven't heard he has been skating, with a red jersey , or skating at all ?
He was skating as of early last week. I'm sure he's been doing it aside from a media practice prior. Not like he's rehabbing a leg injury.

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I`m one who has grown tired of Acciari and feel he`s just taking up space. One play yesterday in the offensive zone had a puck come to him along the wall, the simplest of NHL plays, all he had to do was pass it over to Kuraly or Wags (can`t recall) who was literally 4/5 feet from him in a decent shooters spot and he gets it, immediately makes the perfect pass to the only Sabres player in sight.

4th liners I don`t rely on for production outside of chipping in here and there but he`s awful, pucks die on his stick.

If Cehlarik was a potential answer, can`t see why Sweeney hasn`t brought him up unless he`s a guy who`d have to clear waivers if sent back down. Truthfully, I`ll never understand the love the guy gets, saw a few nice things from him during his short stints with the B`s but he`s played 17 games and has what? 4-5 pts? Hardly lit it up and I`m not so sure the B`s brass sees much either. Not too sure Cassidy makes the call as to whom comes up or goes down either

I`d be far more interested in seeing what one of Hughes/Frederic/Seny or Fitzgerald or Bjork might be able to do, based on comments I read from fans here who attend the PB games whose opinions I respect, those 4 seem to be playing more consistently than PC
I usually hate piling on, but there was another play where Wagner took it in the zone, it got chipped away and Acciari was tight there at the blue to keep it in, but Wagner was alone by the circle at that point. Instead of passing it to him, he hard wrapped it around the boards and Buffalo took it right out.

Plus, certain young guys get ripped for standing around and reacting to plays. If you watch Acciari, he just stands there in the offensive zone. If a puck goes to a corner, he will never get to it, because he has to start from 0. If he was all hustle and flying around, no one would have a problem with him. But most of the time I notice him, he's doing nothing.

False Start

May 8, 2018
I usually hate piling on, but there was another play where Wagner took it in the zone, it got chipped away and Acciari was tight there at the blue to keep it in, but Wagner was alone by the circle at that point. Instead of passing it to him, he hard wrapped it around the boards and Buffalo took it right out.

Plus, certain young guys get ripped for standing around and reacting to plays. If you watch Acciari, he just stands there in the offensive zone. If a puck goes to a corner, he will never get to it, because he has to start from 0. If he was all hustle and flying around, no one would have a problem with him. But most of the time I notice him, he's doing nothing.

I love the Acciari hate.

I've said to my friend who likes him that the puck literally dies on his stick when he gets it.

Guy is useful for one solid emotion inducing hit every 5 games. Other than that he's a plug who happens to be able to play the PK somewhat effectively.

Puck dies on Kuraly's stick too but atleast he's fast and forces something from the opponents.

It's 2018, guys like Acciari shouldn't be in NHL lineups anymore.

Reactions: Dr Hook

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I’m curious to know, for those that are asking for Cehlarik or Senyshyn call ups. What exactly are your hopes for the season then?

If they go that route I personally am fine with it. But go the whole way and start moving any core guy you can while their value is highest.

If they bring up a bunch of kids, possibly sign a shiny Lee Stempniak, that would be mildly greasy.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I’m curious to know, for those that are asking for Cehlarik or Senyshyn call ups. What exactly are your hopes for the season then?

If they go that route I personally am fine with it. But go the whole way and start moving any core guy you can while their value is highest.

If they bring up a bunch of kids, possibly sign a shiny Lee Stempniak, that would be mildly greasy.

If we dont make any deals for scoring we are one and done in the playoffs again. We wont get past the second round.
It will be just like last year, even though I think the defense and goaltending is alot better.

Reason Im asking for Cehlarik is because nothing else has worked. We keep throwing Colby friggin Cave out there and its not working. We lost out on 4 big points this weekend and not only did Cave not do anything offensively, but he was on the ice for some goals against.

Bottom line, the short term I would like to see some new callups. But for us to succeed and try and go deep in the playoffs will def need to make moves for a top 6 winger and possibly a 3rd line center.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He was skating as of early last week. I'm sure he's been doing it aside from a media practice prior. Not like he's rehabbing a leg injury.

He’s been skating before practice for awhile now (Chara too). There was a video last week on Twitter.

Also, I told the story about how theAthletic billed me the last day of my “free trial” and I had to get Apple to get my refund. Well, I still get the motivations for the B’s stories.

I deleted the email, but the lead in was that Bergeron would be back this week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad