Post-Game Talk: GAME 33 - B's get sabrered - Buffalo 4 BRUINS 2 - On to Poutineville

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
For what it's worth...

Cassidy busted up the top line for parts of the second and third periods. Brad Marchand, who has been sick, did not have his best stuff. So Cassidy pulled Marchand off the No. 1 line and replaced him with Joakim Nordstrom. It was a move Cassidy thought he had to make, especially with Buffalo’s top threesome of Jeff Skinner (two goals), Jack Eichel (two goals, two assists), and Sam Reinhart (three assists) shredding every shift they took.
“I didn’t think Krech’s line had anything early on,” Cassidy said. “Marshy’s under the weather, so I expected him to be a little bit off. It just didn’t look like it was going to be a good matchup against Eichel. Turns out none of our matchups were. His line clearly had their way with whoever we put out there. Ended up being the difference in the game.”

Patrice Bergeron could be back very soon, and that would...

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I can’t fathom after playing only 33 games that the Bruins are in SERIOUS trouble but it’s not looking good so far but lots of time to turn things around .

They need 5 points in the next 4 games before the break and that will be a challenge.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I can’t fathom after playing only 33 games that the Bruins are in SERIOUS trouble but it’s not looking good so far but lots of time to turn things around .

Actually I think it's looking good. To achieve what they have achieved with all the injuries they have had is remarkable IMO. Sadly , even when full healthy, I don't think it's enough to beat the top teams without any additions.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Eichel is a great player and you guys have a great future but let’s see Eichel do that going head to head against Bergeron .

Last edited by a moderator:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
All we really need to do is get healthy

Marchand/Bergy/Pasta
DeBrusk/ Krejci/ Heinen
Donato/JFK/Backes
Nordy/Kuraly/ Wagner

MacAvoy/Chara
Carlo/Krug
Miller/Grizz

Tuukka/ Halak

This is a playoff team no doubt. The healthy part however is doubtful.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Maybe Bruins should suck like Sabres have forever and see if we can get few top picks I guess.:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

Last edited by a moderator:

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
All we really need to do is get healthy

Marchand/Bergy/Pasta
DeBrusk/ Krejci/ Heinen
Donato/JFK/Backes
Nordy/Kuraly/ Wagner

MacAvoy/Chara
Carlo/Krug
Miller/Grizz

Tuukka/ Halak

This is a playoff team no doubt. The healthy part however is doubtful.
Is it as good as last year’s team ? I think it is and I liked last year’s team . I just don’t think the Tampa Bay series was a 5 game cakewalk . It sounds like sour grapes but horrid officiating influenced games 2 and 4 . The officiating didn’t give the Bruins a chance to gain a second wind . Not suggesting the Bruins are now better than Tampa but nothing has gone there way so far . Surely the Bruins will have a much better 2nd half .

Reactions: JOKER 192

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
We were playing our 10th and 11th defenseman after playing our 3rd game in 4 nights and after a shootout the night before...why did we skate you out of the building in the last half of the 3rd period?

So win a game in December. Job well done!

If you meet the Bruins in the playoffs Bruins win it in 5 walking away.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
We were playing our 10th and 11th defenseman after playing our 3rd game in 4 nights and after a shootout the night before...why did we skate you out of the building in the last half of the 3rd period?

You had a chance to see some of our AHL team tonight. When we are back at full health and strength your team is not going to have a chance... and that includes the playoffs.

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Thought you guys didn't play bad but just got destroyed by a guy playing out of his mind in Jack. Still think when all your guys come back you will end up 3rd and do everyone in hockey a favor by making the Leafs one and done yet again. Also would like to ask the guy trolling in this thread to stop. Trolling a visiting board isn't cool, we're better than that.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Actually, that line was probably the best for Boston tonight. I find it humorous that Heinen gets singled out, when not only did he have several good chances, he also set Donato up several times, who didn’t finish. In addition, Donato gives a freaking lame effort on a penalty shot attempt. Yet, I don’t see anyone including him in every trade proposal that comes down the pike :huh:

It’s a problem when two rookies and a second year guy are the team’s best line in a game. Marchand and Pasta were MIA again and Pasta had a number of bad turnovers. When a team is missing two Top 6 F’s, you need secondary scoring, but you also need your best players to be your best players.

They weren’t.

They are the best players not Gods. You can't expect them to dominate every single game. No player(s) does. Every player makes mistakes even the great ones . Your onus is on the wrong part . They are the reason why we aren't in the cellar .

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Thought you guys didn't play bad but just got destroyed by a guy playing out of his mind in Jack. Still think when all your guys come back you will end up 3rd and do everyone in hockey a favor by making the Leafs one and done yet again. Also would like to ask the guy trolling in this thread to stop. Trolling a visiting board isn't cool, we're better than that.

Jack usually steps it up at TD Garden.

Reactions: sabremike

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
:help:

upload_2018-12-17_0-26-24.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad